Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-06-2013, 2:24 PM Reply   
He can't it's impossible. It's a matter of faith, you either believe it or you don't. You either believe Jesus is who he says he was or you don't. We know a man named Jesus lived, we know that there were over 500 witnesses who claimed to have seen his Resurrection. In a court of law 2 eye witness accounts are all that is needed to convict someone. I highly doubt if his disciples didn't see him after his crucifiction they would not have proclaimed the gospel facing persecution and ultimately painful deaths. Nobody is going to do that for something they know is an out right lie. We know there is a huge man made structure at about the 14000 foot level on Mount Ararat where the Bible says the boat landed. (Mountains of Ararat) We have found huge anchor stones on the mountain which depict 8 crosses which would have represented the 8 people on the ark. Honestly i think it's fascinating., I love history and would love to travel to the holy land and walk the streets that Jesus walked.. As far as this vessel on Mount Ararat, i can't say 100% that it is Noahs ark, it's burried under 40 feet of ice. It does however raise the question, what is it? and how did it get so high up on the mountain? It's dimmentions are very close to that of the dimensions given in the Bible and they have found petrified wood that they feel dates back about 4500 years which would fit the biblical story. Just saying, it is a possibly
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2013, 3:30 PM Reply   
Jeremy,
You may not realize it, but the difference between you and 'believers' is simply who you view your authority to be, where/who you place your faith in. There is little difference...
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-06-2013, 4:15 PM Reply   
Barry is absolutely correct. Your world view will be shaped by who you choose to believe.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-06-2013, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by poser007 View Post
He can't it's impossible. It's a matter of faith, you either believe it or you don't. You either believe Jesus is who he says he was or you don't. We know a man named Jesus lived, we know that there were over 500 witnesses who claimed to have seen his Resurrection. In a court of law 2 eye witness accounts are all that is needed to convict someone. I highly doubt if his disciples didn't see him after his crucifiction they would not have proclaimed the gospel facing persecution and ultimately painful deaths. Nobody is going to do that for something they know is an out right lie. We know there is a huge man made structure at about the 14000 foot level on Mount Ararat where the Bible says the boat landed. (Mountains of Ararat) We have found huge anchor stones on the mountain which depict 8 crosses which would have represented the 8 people on the ark. Honestly i think it's fascinating., I love history and would love to travel to the holy land and walk the streets that Jesus walked.. As far as this vessel on Mount Ararat, i can't say 100% that it is Noahs ark, it's burried under 40 feet of ice. It does however raise the question, what is it? and how did it get so high up on the mountain? It's dimmentions are very close to that of the dimensions given in the Bible and they have found petrified wood that they feel dates back about 4500 years which would fit the biblical story. Just saying, it is a possibly
Look, I never said the entire Bible was true (I believe that some parts are true).

The Mt. Ararat site is almost certainly a hoax (read the report from the Dr. that was associated with NAMI along with many of the workers that were at the site).