Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       01-30-2017, 12:19 PM Reply   
Scored some beautiful days out on Lake Travis last summer and finally put the edit together. Had a fun time filming guys like Brad Allen, Michael Pempsell, CB Hudson, Jacob Koncak and my brother during the days this video was filmed. Even managed to crash my Phantom 4 up in a tree during the final scenes of this video. Watch till the end and you'll see what it looks like when your drone gets stuck sideways in a tree. Got stuck up there for a month and still flies beautifully!

Hope you guys enjoy!

Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-30-2017, 12:53 PM Reply   
So sick. Someone in that vid was keeping it real with a boosty white-knuckle raley.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-30-2017, 2:58 PM Reply   
Awesome video and some great riding there! How in the world did you leave that drone up there for a month and how did you get it out?! It looked like that sucker was up there!
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       02-01-2017, 8:16 AM Reply   
Nice video. Where you using a tracking mode for those shots or just manual?
Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       02-04-2017, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
So sick. Someone in that vid was keeping it real with a boosty white-knuckle raley.
Haha! Thats my brother! He's still rocking those up and down the lake! I know we keep saying this but we need to get together and ride again man! We should make plans for this summer one weekend.
Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       02-04-2017, 8:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
Awesome video and some great riding there! How in the world did you leave that drone up there for a month and how did you get it out?! It looked like that sucker was up there!
Thanks man! Believe me, I tried every free weekend I had to get that thing out of the tree. Got close with weights on a fishing line but then that snapped back and hit the windshield. Luckily it didn't break but that was the end of that. Eventually a friend of a friend put me in touch with a tree service in Dallas Fort Worth and he happened to be coming to Austin one weekend. The guy liked the story so he came out on the boat, scaled the tree with ropes and spikes, sawed off the end of the limb and down came the drone. Has a little tree sap on it but works perfectly fine!
Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       02-04-2017, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseR720 View Post
Nice video. Where you using a tracking mode for those shots or just manual?

Thanks Chase! All the flying you see there is done with in sport mode and with manual controls. I flew a Phantom 1.5 for forever and to get the shots I wanted had to practice at empty soccer fields for a long time to try and get better. I'm no where near perfect all the time but I've gotten better. I want to start flying lower and closer to the rider but I get a little nervous when I don't have the altitude. Not like it matters, when something goes wrong these things fall out of the sky like a rock.