Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       07-14-2016, 7:46 AM Reply   
Was talking with a buddy who is close to the industry and he told me that Zane quit Mastercraft. Was wondering if anyone had any info about this? Surprising since he's been there for so many years. Kind of makes me wonder what went down.
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       07-14-2016, 8:12 AM Reply   
http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/2016/0...umes-new-role/
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-14-2016, 8:14 AM Reply   
fixed link http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/2016/0...umes-new-role/

The above one didnt seem to work for me
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       07-14-2016, 10:24 AM Reply   
I guess it's confirmed then. I'd love to hear the real story behind the move, not just the politically correct version from MC
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       07-14-2016, 6:27 PM Reply   
''Schwenk played “an instrumental role” in developing X Star and the Gen 2 Surf System''. That alone would be enough for me to quit?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-14-2016, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
''Schwenk played “an instrumental role” in developing X Star and the Gen 2 Surf System''. That alone would be enough for me to quit?
hahahaha!!!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-14-2016, 10:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Schwenk played “an instrumental role” in developing X Star and the Gen 2 Surf System''. That alone would be enough for me to quit?
Wave haters best comment of 2016... So damn funny!
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-15-2016, 6:34 AM Reply   
Taking a different role within the company isn't the same as quitting. But who needs reading comprehension?
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-15-2016, 6:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hco View Post
Taking a different role within the company isn't the same as quitting. But who needs reading comprehension?
Dan,

I will be more cautious. You might be right in what you said and Zane truly wants more free time to run his family business on a side, but Zane might also have a contract with MC that stipulates he cannot be fired without MC paying huge amount of cash. In this case MC might just put Zane in a nice closet at the company to avoid firing him.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-15-2016, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrb2010 View Post
Dan,

I will be more cautious. You might be right in what you said and Zane truly wants more free time to run his family business on a side, but Zane might also have a contract with MC that stipulates he cannot be fired without MC paying huge amount of cash. In this case MC might just put Zane in a nice closet at the company to avoid firing him.
"shifting his role in the company so he can focus on a family business"

really that means he'll be around, but focusing on a new venture.