Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-01-2015, 9:53 AM Reply   
I need a new wakeboard, and am trying to decide between the Code 21 and the Code 22. Has anyone ridden both of them? I'm just wondering if there's enough of a difference/benefit for me to justify the Code 22's greater price. I'm coming off a Timebomb, which I loved, but it's gone missing. (It fell off the back of the boat last weekend, and by the time I realized it was gone it had been picked up and carried away by another boater, at least according to the guy on shore who said he saw the whole thing go down.) I ride what I guess is a medium sized wake (205v with 3000 pounds) and do base inverts and spins. My guess is the Code 21 is more than enough, but I thought I'd check with you guys first.
Old     (Doomey1)      Join Date: Jul 2015       09-01-2015, 2:58 PM Reply   
Never heard of anybody breaking an intelligent core board. I've personally broken 2 parks boards (one an older atr and the other an air core), but have a William in great shape after 2 years of hard riding and a code that's still kickin. If you buy for long term go code 22 all day. Plus the pop with an intelligent core is AMAZING
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-01-2015, 3:45 PM Reply   
My good friend broke a 2015 Code 22.
Old     (Doomey1)      Join Date: Jul 2015       09-01-2015, 7:57 PM Reply   
That is literally the first I've heard of one breaking ha, which is pretty damn good. How'd he do it?
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-02-2015, 3:23 PM Reply   
I've broken two 2014 Code 22 boards after about 2 months of riding them. First one cracked under the left foot (switch landing for me). I thought maybe I just had a defective board, but the second one cracked under the right foot (regular landing for me), once I removed the boots, noticed a small crack under the left foot as well. That seems like a weak point for those boards.

Got a blem board as a warranty replacement for one of them. Been riding it for about a month, hasn't cracked yet. Still waiting on warranty replacement for the second one.

I've never ridden a Code 21. I rode a William for about 4 months (also Intelligent Core) without it breaking, FWIW.
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-02-2015, 3:48 PM Reply   
Hey Alain, I think I met one of your buddies on the forum here. He says you might have a 2010 Lyman 143 for sale. I am interested in purchasing it from you. Can you let me know? I broke mine and can't live without it. Thanks a lot. I have sent my limit of messages for the day according to Wakeworld and they won't let me send another one. I also have a 2013 mint condition Harley 143 that I am willing to trade... Can you message me? And to reply to this post, I rode the 2014 Code 22 Intelligent core and the 2015 Code 21 Modello. Huge improvement in shape and feel in my opinion for the 2015 version. Haven't ridden the Code 22 Intelligent for 2015 yet but I imagine it would be better than the Modello Code 21.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-02-2015, 3:52 PM Reply   
Hey JC, I'm thinking I'm gonna hold on to the Lyman seeing how the Codes keep breaking under me. Sorry about that.
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-02-2015, 4:44 PM Reply   
no problem man...let me know if you ever decide to relinquish it! Thanks
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-12-2015, 8:55 PM Reply   
Got a 2015 Code 22 as a warranty replacement for the 2014. If anyone wants to buy it, let me know. Never ridden, still in the box.

It came with 1" fins. I can also include .6 and .8 fins. No charge.

Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-12-2015, 8:57 PM Reply   
JC, if you want the Lyman, I'll sell that too. I'm on the Remedy now.
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       11-16-2015, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak4life View Post
JC, if you want the Lyman, I'll sell that too. I'm on the Remedy now.
How do you rate the Remedy after coming off the code?
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-16-2015, 7:38 PM Reply   
I'd say the Code is faster, easier to hold a strong edge into the wake because of sharper edges, and more explosive off the wake. But also less forgiving on bad landings because of those sharp edges.

I would say the Remedy is similar to the LF Lyman, just looser when flat (like the Harley). Perhaps also a bit faster and more explosive. The Remedy also weighs the same as the LF Lyman (a pound heavier than the Code 22).

Overall I'd say they're not radically different. I would be comfortable switching between all three and charging hard after a few test jumps.