Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (canadian_waterboy)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-24-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
Just bought a 2005 Mobius XLV. It comes with the stock ballast system (2 small sacks in the rear ski lockers, and one larger sack up the middle) I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience adding additional weight to this boat? Also it'd be really useful to include the corresponding rope length that you ride when your boat is weighted. Thanks a bunch.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-24-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
750's in the rear, stock center ballast and either a bow sack or some lead in the nose. Seems like the boat likes about 60/40 rear/front weight. My buddy has one with this ballast set up. Wake is mean. We ride that at like 80' around 23mph but that's all up to the rider. It planes out.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-25-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
yep upgraged my rears to 750s in my 03 as well.
we rarely fill them all the way thought. ride at 22-23.
when we do fill the rears, we add a 440 sack up front plus fill the locker
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-25-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
yep upgraged my rears to 750s in my 03 as well.
we rarely fill them all the way thought. ride at 22-23.
when we do fill the rears, we add a 440 sack up front plus fill the locker
The XLV didn't come out until 2004. I run 750's in my rear and an 1100lb in the front basement. However, I don't always fill my rears all the way, but the front gets filled all the way. She usually likes the front full and the rears at roughly 3/4's full. I used to run 600 pounders in the rear and thought that the 750's would be better. But the 600's fit better and rarely do I use all 750lbs in each of the rears. They're great to have when surfing though.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-25-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
i should have clarified, ive got a LSV, mini me