Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2016, 6:38 AM Reply   
I guess I was wrong about the Broncos but it feels really good to be wrong this time. I didn't think our Defense could stop the Patriot's in a big game like this but they proved me wrong. I like our chances in the Super Bowl. Carolina looks to have a pretty solid defense too, hopefully we can score a few TD's and take them down.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2016, 6:40 AM Reply   
It's a good thing we rescued a Cowboy's player so they can get a feel for what a Super Bowl is like. Glad we got Demarcus Ware!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-25-2016, 6:57 AM Reply   
Maybe Demarcus can help you actually win a Superbowl this year. Instead of getting blown out.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-25-2016, 7:00 AM Reply   
I'm picking the Broncos in a upset to win the Superbowl.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2016, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Maybe Demarcus can help you actually win a Superbowl this year. Instead of getting blown out.
Hopefully! Hulk vs Superman...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2016, 7:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
I guess I was wrong about the Broncos but it feels really good to be wrong this time. I didn't think our Defense could stop the Patriot's in a big game like this but they proved me wrong. I like our chances in the Super Bowl. Carolina looks to have a pretty solid defense too, hopefully we can score a few TD's and take them down.
Was ANYONE right about the Broncos? I think pretty much every media expert got it wrong. I'm guessing a few people made some money in Vegas yesterday.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2016, 8:08 AM Reply   
On the news last night, they said that 85% of the money bet in Vegas was on the Patriots.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2016, 8:26 AM Reply   
Demarcus Ware Hulk Smash
Attached Images

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-25-2016, 9:02 AM Reply   
Tony really played great yesterday. 6 total turnovers. In the end the Panthers were just too much for Tony....wait that was Carson Palmer?!?! Wow could have fooled me.
Panthers are going to kill PM. I'm predicting a Cam show followed by Brock getting the 4th quarter snaps. I really hope I'm wrong.

BTW Manning is now 3-2 vs. Brady in the playoffs. Interesting...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2016, 9:07 AM Reply   

I hope it looks more like Von Miller doing the Superman...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2016, 9:19 AM Reply   
Romo was at the game?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-25-2016, 9:50 AM Reply   
Looking foward to this year's superbowl. Want the Broncos to win so Peyton can retire a champ. But, the Panthers look strong. IMO, it's all about pressure on the QB. The team that pressures the QB more should win.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-25-2016, 5:41 PM Reply   
I think Denver has to stop the run and contain Cam. That's when the Panthers are at their weakest. Peyton will need to complete a deep pass early to keep Carolina honest.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-28-2016, 6:04 PM Reply   
Happy twentieth anniversary Bobby. On this day in 1996 your Boys participated in their last SB.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-28-2016, 6:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Happy twentieth anniversary Bobby. On this day in 1996 your Boys participated in their last SB.
Happy Second Anniversary Cliff! Two failed seasons in a row. At least Seattle is consistent.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-28-2016, 7:07 PM Reply   
Delusional... Bobby...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-28-2016, 7:48 PM Reply   
That one backfired on ya, Cliff. Maybe you can spend your time making some new "wise" picks for us to consider? I'm all ears and I could use the money. Lol
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-28-2016, 10:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Happy Second Anniversary Cliff! Two failed seasons in a row. At least Seattle is consistent.
You're an idiot.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-28-2016, 10:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
You're an idiot.
I'm sensing A LOT of unrequited, pent up love here on your part, Hate..... You realize there's another season coming up this year, right? Get ready to RUMBLE!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-29-2016, 4:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
You're an idiot.
A failed season is when you don't reach your goal. The goal Seattle has set for themselves recently is to win the Superbowl. They haven't done that the last two years. You really don't want me to bring up the last 38. It gets even more depressing. Don't get mad Bro. Just because you can't accept the truth. We aren't laughing at you................ well yes we are.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-29-2016, 11:10 AM Reply   
They finally did an updated one:

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2016, 11:49 AM Reply   
Two years - two decades... Bobby and Mark math....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-29-2016, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
1-2 in the Superbowl. You do the math Cliff.SanFrancisco is 5-1 and Dallas is 5-3. The first column is the win coloumn. You must think it's the other way around.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2016, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hey Cliff, wanna trade me 5 of your 20 year old dollar bills for one of my 2 year old ones?
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-29-2016, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
1-2 in the Superbowl. You do the math Cliff.SanFrancisco is 5-1 and Dallas is 5-3. The first column is the win coloumn. You must think it's the other way around.
First of all, there needs to be a statute of limitations on some of the stats being thrown out... some of those wins are so old that the only place they belong is in a museum next to the dinosaur exhibit.

Second, as a side note, while the 1-2 stat might be technically correct, you are also including a L where the refs came out and admitted that they screwed up and it cost the team the game, but I digress as ***** happens...

Anyways, those 2 teams with "all those SB wins" were 4-12 and 5-11 respectively this year, but hey, at least they should be inline for some good draft picks... maybe in 5 years they will be relevant again!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2016, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Hey Cliff, wanna trade me 5 of your 20 year old dollar bills for one of my 2 year old ones?
Nope, your bills are of no value today. They would be considered worthless... Kinda like your argument.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-29-2016, 6:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
First of all, there needs to be a statute of limitations on some of the stats being thrown out... some of those wins are so old that the only place they belong is in a museum next to the dinosaur exhibit.

Second, as a side note, while the 1-2 stat might be technically correct, you are also including a L where the refs came out and admitted that they screwed up and it cost the team the game, but I digress as ***** happens...

Anyways, those 2 teams with "all those SB wins" were 4-12 and 5-11 respectively this year, but hey, at least they should be inline for some good draft picks... maybe in 5 years they will be relevant again!
Jon let's remember your statement. Next year will be here before you know it.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-29-2016, 7:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nope, your bills are of no value today. They would be considered worthless... Kinda like your argument.
NO Cliff they would be worthless like Seattle's chance of winning the Superbowl. They choked 2 years in a row. It came down to Russell Wilson completing one pass last year under pressure. He choked. This year in the Divisional round the pressure mounted, Russell choked again in Carolina. The underlying theme here Marshawn Lynch carried this team. Pete Carroll made the decision to put it on Russells shoulders in the Superbowl and Russell choked. Pete continued to put it on Russells shoulders the year. Russell choked again. Well at least he's consistent at choking. He has truly earned the name Russell "Choke" Wilson.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2016, 9:37 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=supersonicmi;1929058]First of all, there needs to be a statute of limitations on some of the stats being thrown out...

Thanks for making the point of every non-Seattle bandwagoner. Of course there needs to be a statute of limitations on stats if those stats don't favor your team right? Your first sentance says it all and it's sad. How bout this? You wanna get recent? How did the hawks do in their latest game? Is that recent enough for you? Oh wait. That doesn't count because Seattle got their as$es kicked back to rain town. Hmm..... Wanna try something different? Good luck. Clearly, someone put some sort of retard juice in Seattle's water supply. News flash: The hawks are in decline. Get used to it.

And Cliff..... Since when is a dollar not worth a dollar? PM me and I'll make that old dollar/new dollar trade with you ALL DAY as many times as you want. Just remember its 5 of your old ones for one of my two year old ones. I'm waiting...........
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2016, 9:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
A two year old dollar bill is worthless? Please send all of those worthless ones to me then. I'll pay for shipping. What does that say about the hawks single, two year old SB victory?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2016, 9:45 PM Reply   
Stop Marky you sound silly...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-30-2016, 6:12 AM Reply   
What Cliff doesn't realize is NFL Historians as well as the NFL hall of fame count and award your teams past accomplishments.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-31-2016, 4:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
A failed season is when you don't reach your goal. The goal Seattle has set for themselves recently is to win the Superbowl. They haven't done that the last two years. You really don't want me to bring up the last 38. It gets even more depressing. Don't get mad Bro. Just because you can't accept the truth. We aren't laughing at you................ well yes we are.
Dude, every team has the goal of reaching and winning the SB. No teams go into the season just hoping to make the playoffs. Sobby your logic (or lack thereof) only one team has a successful season.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-31-2016, 5:13 PM Reply   
Pro Bowl is on. Team Irvin is dominating so far. Seattle players said they enjoyed playing in late January. Coach told them this isn't the playoffs,you were eliminated weeks ago. Lol
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-31-2016, 5:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dude, every team has the goal of reaching and winning the SB. No teams go into the season just hoping to make the playoffs. Sobby your logic (or lack thereof) only one team has a successful season.
You think Tennessee and Cleveland had that goal? Lol
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-31-2016, 6:59 PM Reply   
Team Irvin is leading 49-21 with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The fat lady is warming up.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-31-2016, 8:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
You think Tennessee and Cleveland had that goal? Lol
Absolutely they did. There is no way in hell the coaching staff and players would set anything less.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-31-2016, 8:32 PM Reply   
Team Irvin looked good..... Who was that MVP? Looked like a Seahawk helmet.....
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-31-2016, 8:44 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;1929070]
Quote:
First of all, there needs to be a statute of limitations on some of the stats being thrown out...

Thanks for making the point of every non-Seattle bandwagoner. Of course there needs to be a statute of limitations on stats if those stats don't favor your team right? Your first sentance says it all and it's sad. How bout this? You wanna get recent? How did the hawks do in their latest game? Is that recent enough for you? Oh wait. That doesn't count because Seattle got their as$es kicked back to rain town. Hmm..... Wanna try something different? Good luck. Clearly, someone put some sort of retard juice in Seattle's water supply. News flash: The hawks are in decline. Get used to it.

And Cliff..... Since when is a dollar not worth a dollar? PM me and I'll make that old dollar/new dollar trade with you ALL DAY as many times as you want. Just remember its 5 of your old ones for one of my two year old ones. I'm waiting...........
Feisty are we, I like it!
Unlike money, which is a commodity that retains value, SB wins from nearly 50 years ago mean nothing. Let's be serious here, nearly 65% of the population was not alive for those 1970's Cowboys superbowls being referenced, so yeah they are like an old "8 track" collection at this point, pretty cool, but not something worth a whole lot... You couldn't find a fan out there who would trade you five old SB wins for a SB win next season!
Yeah Yeah Yeah, the Hawks lost, happens to everyone once and a while; either way not sure what you point is... losing in the playoffs is a lot better off than being under .500.
About the Hawks being in decline, are you high? Go look at all the analyst reports, the Hawks are rated as one of the teams most likely to have a bounce back year next year and do better next year. If that's not enough for you, when they come out, let's check the odds in Vegas that they will win the SB next year, guarantee the odds will be pretty strong.

Last edited by supersonicmi; 01-31-2016 at 8:52 PM. Reason: didn't finish
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2016, 10:10 PM Reply   
^^^ Robert.... Do you want to handle this or do I have to trudge through the mire of BS and false statements here? This one stepped in it deeply. We have a new Brad.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-01-2016, 5:59 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=supersonicmi;1929139]
Quote:
Feisty are we, I like it!
Unlike money, which is a commodity that retains value, SB wins from nearly 50 years ago mean nothing. Let's be serious here, nearly 65% of the population was not alive for those 1970's Cowboys superbowls being referenced, so yeah they are like an old "8 track" collection at this point, pretty cool, but not something worth a whole lot... You couldn't find a fan out there who would trade you five old SB wins for a SB win next season!
Yeah Yeah Yeah, the Hawks lost, happens to everyone once and a while; either way not sure what you point is... losing in the playoffs is a lot better off than being under .500.
About the Hawks being in decline, are you high? Go look at all the analyst reports, the Hawks are rated as one of the teams most likely to have a bounce back year next year and do better next year. If that's not enough for you, when they come out, let's check the odds in Vegas that they will win the SB next year, guarantee the odds will be pretty strong.
Jon the old Superbowls don't count? I guess the wars we fought to obtain our freedom don't count either. We fought them well over 50 years ago. No one alive today was a part of those wars. You say the Hawks lost and it happens to everyone once and a while. Let's review that? Seattle Seahawks all time record is 315 -313-0 . So they won 2 more games than they lost. If that's not the definition of Mediocre I don't know what is. The Seahawks Superbowl and playoff record goes like this. 15-14 in the playoffs. One more win than all those losses. See the decline? Their Superbowl history is even more depressing 1-2 . Jon that's more losses than wins. That in itself spells decline. Couple that with more losses this year than last and you have a couch potato. San Francisco 49ers are 558-450-16 all time. That's 108 more wins than losses. They are 31-21 in the playoffs, that's 10 more wins than losses.Notice the success? They're 5-1 in the Superbowl. That's 4 more Superbowl wins than Seattle only playing in 3 more Superbowls. Pretty much tells you Seattle will never catch up no matter how much dope you smoke. Dallas Cowboys are 480-364-6 all time. That's 116 more wins than losses. They're 34-26 in the playoffs ,that's 8 more wins than losses.Still more than double the Seahawks playoff wins.Dallas is 5-3 in Superbowl games. Still 4 more Trophies than Seattle. So how does the Couch feel now? I know you'll just roll another fat one and keep dreaming.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-01-2016, 6:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
Team Irvin looked good..... Who was that MVP? Looked like a Seahawk helmet.....
Team Irvin looked good because they had a 3 time Superbowl winning reciever picking the players. He picked all the Cowboy players available. A sound line so they could run or pass with the protection necessary. A kicker who made all the kicks. A linebacker who got a interception for the team and a defensive coach who also won 3 Superbowls. All the QB's had multiple scores with all that receiving talent and protection.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-01-2016, 7:30 AM Reply   
The old Super Bowl's do count for history's sake, just stop talking about them like they apply to current day and that your team is good because of them. Totally different coaches, player's and probably office staff too. There's really not much about them that you can apply to your team today when they are 20+ years ago. Heck, the players could have had a kid the year they won the Super Bowl and he could be playing for the team now...
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-01-2016, 8:10 AM Reply   
I have some news guys!!! It should be a revelation because you obviously don't know. The Seahawks and the Cowboys are not in the Superbowl. Crazy huh? Retitle the thread if those are the only two teams that exist in the smack talking thread. Call it the Seahawks vs the Cowboys thread. The Broncos and the Panthers are the Superbowl teams. Wouldn't it be cool if we could talk about the teams that are still playing this season instead of one team that got blown out by the Panthers who didn't even have to show up for the 2nd half and another team that didn't even make the playoffs?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-01-2016, 8:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Team Irvin looked good because they had a 3 time Superbowl winning reciever picking the players. He picked all the Cowboy players available. A sound line so they could run or pass with the protection necessary. A kicker who made all the kicks. A linebacker who got a interception for the team and a defensive coach who also won 3 Superbowls. All the QB's had multiple scores with all that receiving talent and protection.
Oh I think it was more to do with the offensive and defensive MVP's
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2016, 9:36 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=cwb4me;1929144]
Quote:

Jon the old Superbowls don't count? I guess the wars we fought to obtain our freedom don't count either. We fought them well over 50 years ago. No one alive today was a part of those wars. You say the Hawks lost and it happens to everyone once and a while. Let's review that? Seattle Seahawks all time record is 315 -313-0 . So they won 2 more games than they lost. If that's not the definition of Mediocre I don't know what is. The Seahawks Superbowl and playoff record goes like this. 15-14 in the playoffs. One more win than all those losses. See the decline? Their Superbowl history is even more depressing 1-2 . Jon that's more losses than wins. That in itself spells decline. Couple that with more losses this year than last and you have a couch potato. San Francisco 49ers are 558-450-16 all time. That's 108 more wins than losses. They are 31-21 in the playoffs, that's 10 more wins than losses.Notice the success? They're 5-1 in the Superbowl. That's 4 more Superbowl wins than Seattle only playing in 3 more Superbowls. Pretty much tells you Seattle will never catch up no matter how much dope you smoke. Dallas Cowboys are 480-364-6 all time. That's 116 more wins than losses. They're 34-26 in the playoffs ,that's 8 more wins than losses.Still more than double the Seahawks playoff wins.Dallas is 5-3 in Superbowl games. Still 4 more Trophies than Seattle. So how does the Couch feel now? I know you'll just roll another fat one and keep dreaming.
Did you seriously just try to compare war and our country's establishment to Superbowl wins? Those 2 things have absolutely nothing in common nor anything to do with each other. That is a major insult to out founding fathers, every single one of our veterans, armed forces and DOD!
Back to football, yes, that's great and all about the Seahawks and the all time record; I don't argue with facts so if you are correct then good on ya. Not sure why anyone today cares that they lost a whole bunch of games decades ago but if that kinda thing matters to you then you can watch all the old games on ESPN classic, while the rest of us watch the current games that actually matter.
Your logic about how just because the Hawks record wasn't as good this year as it was last year means they are in decline doesn't hold much water. If that were the case then I guess the Patriots have been in decline since 2002 right? Tom Brady's whole career they have been on the decline right? I mean their record in '02 was worse than '01 so they must be on the decline by your logic.... during that slide they have made 9 conference championship appearances and won 3 superbowls but hey, they are on the decline!
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2016, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
^^^ Robert.... Do you want to handle this or do I have to trudge through the mire of BS and false statements here? This one stepped in it deeply. We have a new Brad.
name one false statement - the population stat was true, do you want the census website to for reference? do you want links to the analyst reports for reference? find me 1 fan who wants old superbowls in exchange for a current year win!
if you are going to claim something is false, at least provide some facts to the contrary. (take a lesson from your buddy Robert, at least he came up with some facts about all time records to use is his argument)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2016, 10:53 AM Reply   
To quote The Rock...

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2016, 11:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
name one false statement - the population stat was true, do you want the census website to for reference? do you want links to the analyst reports for reference? find me 1 fan who wants old superbowls in exchange for a current year win!
if you are going to claim something is false, at least provide some facts to the contrary. (take a lesson from your buddy Robert, at least he came up with some facts about all time records to use is his argument)
I don't have the energy or even care enough to answer all of this right now. Suffice to say you lied by saying it's been 50 years since their last SB win and that was only in your second sentence! Give it up, Brad. You're fired.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2016, 11:15 AM Reply   
Put that last sentence in Trump's voice as you read it.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2016, 12:50 PM Reply   
I believe that I said "nearly 50 years", so yeah it was a true statement and not a lie... but that's ok, if you want to argue about a couple years here or there then fine, let's call it "40 something years"... either way it is a damn long time!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-01-2016, 1:51 PM Reply   
Jon you mentioned the Cowboys and Superbowl wins in the 70's. Did you miss the 90's? The whole point of my facts finding mission was to prove Seattle isn't who you think they are. All you really have is a little recent success. Every time Mark or I bring up recent (to me is 5 years) playoff success,the Seattle fans brush it off as nothing. Then when we point out that Seattle Players are Couch Potatoes this year Seattle fans bring up the past. So I came up with the fairest comparison.True that Denver and Carolina should be getting all the talking in this thread. After all they are in the current Superbowl. The fact that most fans don't even want to post in this thread has to do with the arrogance displayed by the reining Couch Potatoes fans. Just admit you choked and Russell Wilson "Choked" in the Superbowl last year and the Divisional round this year. Then you can appreciate other teams a little more. As for the Superbowl I would like to see Denver win and it's entirely possible but they will have to play a mistake free game. If Carolina wins I won't be upset. I don't have a dog in this fight.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-01-2016, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
The old Super Bowl's do count for history's sake, just stop talking about them like they apply to current day and that your team is good because of them. Totally different coaches, player's and probably office staff too. There's really not much about them that you can apply to your team today when they are 20+ years ago. Heck, the players could have had a kid the year they won the Super Bowl and he could be playing for the team now...
I never said this year's Cowboys were good. I said they have a good pick. #4 Let's hope Jerry doesn't waste it.Lol
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2016, 3:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Jon you mentioned the Cowboys and Superbowl wins in the 70's. Did you miss the 90's? The whole point of my facts finding mission was to prove Seattle isn't who you think they are. All you really have is a little recent success. Every time Mark or I bring up recent (to me is 5 years) playoff success,the Seattle fans brush it off as nothing. Then when we point out that Seattle Players are Couch Potatoes this year Seattle fans bring up the past. So I came up with the fairest comparison.True that Denver and Carolina should be getting all the talking in this thread. After all they are in the current Superbowl. The fact that most fans don't even want to post in this thread has to do with the arrogance displayed by the reining Couch Potatoes fans. Just admit you choked and Russell Wilson "Choked" in the Superbowl last year and the Divisional round this year. Then you can appreciate other teams a little more. As for the Superbowl I would like to see Denver win and it's entirely possible but they will have to play a mistake free game. If Carolina wins I won't be upset. I don't have a dog in this fight.
I was actually lending a little credit to the 90's as not being too ancient, the 70's however are irrelevant.
As for past 5 years playoff success, what is the point there... that the Hawks have 2 NFC West championships, 2 NFC championships and a Superbowl...in other word 2-0 in the wildcard round, 2-2 in the divisional round, 2-0 in the NFC championship and 1-1 in the Superbowl. The only team that has been more successful is the Patriots, so unless you are a Patriots fan I don't see what the jab is...
I'm the first to admit that they choked this year... and by acknowledging that they choked, its also acknowledging that they should have done better and therefor should still be playing right now, so saying they are on the decline is preposterous and in completed contradiction to saying that they choked.
As for this years Superbowl, Go Broncos!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2016, 10:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
I believe that I said "nearly 50 years", so yeah it was a true statement and not a lie... but that's ok, if you want to argue about a couple years here or there then fine, let's call it "40 something years"... either way it is a damn long time!
It's been 21 years (1994-95) since a Niners SB trophy and 22 years (1993-94) for the cowboys. Unless you're using Obama math, that's less than half of fifty so, yep, you're full of it. "Forty something" is double too. If you're not lying, are you just that ignorant?

Last edited by markj; 02-01-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2016, 11:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
I was actually lending a little credit to the 90's as not being too ancient, the 70's however are irrelevant.
As for past 5 years playoff success, what is the point there... that the Hawks have 2 NFC West championships, 2 NFC championships and a Superbowl...in other word 2-0 in the wildcard round, 2-2 in the divisional round, 2-0 in the NFC championship and 1-1 in the Superbowl. The only team that has been more successful is the Patriots, so unless you are a Patriots fan I don't see what the jab is...
I'm the first to admit that they choked this year... and by acknowledging that they choked, its also acknowledging that they should have done better and therefor should still be playing right now, so saying they are on the decline is preposterous and in completed contradiction to saying that they choked.
As for this years Superbowl, Go Broncos!
I love your uber narrow stats in terms of the historical timeline. You even managed to exclude your 2005 SB loss which made your SB loss record not as embarrassing. As far as declining goes, you go from a SB win, to losing a SB, to getting lucky in the first round, only to get OWNED in the second round. How is that not declining??? I know they legalized pot up there but this is getting out of hand!

For the record, I don't think Seattle choked in Carolina. They were just out classed, out coached and out played by a MUCH better team that they had no business playing in the first place. Your statement about they should have done better and they should still be playing actually made me lol. I like to think of it this way, Seattle has had their 15 minutes of fame and they're accustomed to losing (even at home) now, so there won't be any coming back from that, now that their stars are making the big bucks, hence, a team in decline. I predicted this two years ago.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-02-2016, 6:19 AM Reply   
Mark it's only been 20 years since Dallas won a Superbowl. 1996 against Pittsburgh. A 30-17 win. Seattle fans forget they lost to the Rams Twice and the Cardinals beat them at the home of the twelfth Elf. Then went on to easily win the Division. That's called the Superbowl hangover. From there it's mediocrity and continued failure. The way they've always been. Comfy Couch Potatoes. Did you see Sherman's awesome offensive Debut? Lol he will never be Prime Time. By the way didn't Prime Time play for both Dallas and San Francisco in Back to Back Superbowl wins? Funny he must have made a bigger difference than the leigon of room.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-02-2016, 7:01 AM Reply   
Am I the only guy that sees the irony in a Niners and a Cowboys fan giving each other reacharounds in this thread every day? I thought you guys had some kind of rivalry back in the day. I don't think Montana and Clark would approve of Mark making internet love with Bobby.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2016, 7:13 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=cwb4me;1929255]Mark it's only been 20 years since Dallas won a Superbowl.

Yep. You're right. Whoops.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2016, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Am I the only guy that sees the irony in a Niners and a Cowboys fan giving each other reacharounds in this thread every day? I thought you guys had some kind of rivalry back in the day. I don't think Montana and Clark would approve of Mark making internet love with Bobby.
Lol. The enemy of your enemy is your friend. Pretty sure you're old enough to know that one. My all time most hated teams used to be Oakland, Dallas and New England in that order. Then, out of nowhere, came Seattle to take the top spot. Congrats, Seattle. You're number one something now.

...And I don't mind Oakland or Dallas any more for some reason. Still can't stand New England...
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2016, 12:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
I love your uber narrow stats in terms of the historical timeline. You even managed to exclude your 2005 SB loss which made your SB loss record not as embarrassing. As far as declining goes, you go from a SB win, to losing a SB, to getting lucky in the first round, only to get OWNED in the second round. How is that not declining??? I know they legalized pot up there but this is getting out of hand!

For the record, I don't think Seattle choked in Carolina. They were just out classed, out coached and out played by a MUCH better team that they had no business playing in the first place. Your statement about they should have done better and they should still be playing actually made me lol. I like to think of it this way, Seattle has had their 15 minutes of fame and they're accustomed to losing (even at home) now, so there won't be any coming back from that, now that their stars are making the big bucks, hence, a team in decline. I predicted this two years ago.
Are you even reading this thread??? First of all I didn't bring of the recent 5 years so it's not "my timeline", go talk to your buddy Robert about that one... I'm just playing off of what others come at me with, not narrowing stats... it's called reasonable debate, when someone asserts something, you respond using the same logical parameters. Second, you guys can't have it both ways, did they choke or are they declining? pick one and stick to it! Lastly, the fact you claimed we got "outclassed" by the Panthers is the funniest thing I have heard in years... outplayed maybe, out coached maybe, owned - maybe you missed the second half? but outclassed.... yep all that dancing around and doing first down celebrations by their fearless leader Cam Newton is real Classy... Classy with a "K" perhaps...
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2016, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's been 21 years (1994-95) since a Niners SB trophy and 22 years (1993-94) for the cowboys. Unless you're using Obama math, that's less than half of fifty so, yep, you're full of it. "Forty something" is double too. If you're not lying, are you just that ignorant?
Wow, that went right over your head didn't it? if you had read the thread back and forth you would have picked up on the fact that was reference to the Cowboys 1970's Superbowls.... you want to do the math on those or do I need to do it for you?
please stop making claims that you cannot support... in this case you aren't even doing the math on the correct numbers = joke
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2016, 12:20 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=supersonicmi;1929287] Second, you guys can't have it both ways, did they choke or are they declining? pick one and stick to it!

I can have it any way I like. Like Burger King....... They choked just as the game began and continued their rapid decline. See? I can have it any way I like. Too bad if you don't like it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2016, 12:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wow, that went right over your head didn't it? if you had read the thread back and forth you would have picked up on the fact that was reference to the Cowboys 1970's Superbowls.... you want to do the math on those or do I need to do it for you?
please stop making claims that you cannot support... in this case you aren't even doing the math on the correct numbers = joke
...And your pants are STILL on fire. The flames get bigger each time you post.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2016, 1:29 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;1929289]
Quote:
Second, you guys can't have it both ways, did they choke or are they declining? pick one and stick to it!

I can have it any way I like. Like Burger King....... They choked just as the game began and continued their rapid decline. See? I can have it any way I like. Too bad if you don't like it.
you just proved my point to a tee and that about sums up the lack credibility pertaining to anything you have said, because sure you can make any claim you want if you ignore logic and reason...
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2016, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
...And your pants are STILL on fire. The flames get bigger each time you post.
HAHA, I love it... this is getting quite entertaining!
"my pants are on fire" and "the flames are getting bigger" because you did math on the wrong numbers (not the ones I was referencing)? please do explain how that makes any sense whatsoever?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2016, 1:41 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=supersonicmi;1929294]HAHA, I love it... this is getting quite entertaining!

If you weren't such a Johnny-come-lately, you'd know that's why I'm here, as are most of us. Now, get back to your Seahawks crying towel.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2016, 1:44 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=supersonicmi;1929293]
Quote:
you just proved my point to a tee and that about sums up the lack credibility pertaining to anything you have said, because sure you can make any claim you want if you ignore logic and reason...
The only thing proven, is the fact that you're taking things too seriously. Lighten up, Francis.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2016, 1:53 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;1929295]
Quote:
HAHA, I love it... this is getting quite entertaining!

If you weren't such a Johnny-come-lately, you'd know that's why I'm here, as are most of us. Now, get back to your Seahawks crying towel.
me too, please keep the entertainment up!

I would, but I put away my crying towel in the offseason...but I'll have it ready for next year... something has gotta be there to catch my tears of joy when we win another superbowl
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2016, 2:22 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;1929296]
Quote:

The only thing proven, is the fact that you're taking things too seriously. Lighten up, Francis.
oh, didn't realize serious and logical were synonymous here... well if we are just making stuff up then here goes:
the only reason the Seahawks lost 2 superbowls is because both were fixed, doug baldwin got snubbed on the pro bowl, marshawn lynch is a genius, pete carroll should win coach of the year every year, if jimmy graham had been healthy Seahawks would have won the superbowl this year without question, god doesn't speak to russell wilson because russell wilson is actually god himself... john madden is famous for his commentary being full of deep thoughts, Cam newton is the most classy player in the league, aaron hernandez is innocent, tom brady really had no idea about those footballs, greg hardy is a model citizen, johnny manziel has textbook behavior for how the prefect QB should handle himself, colin kaepernick should win mvp, chip kelly for president... and lastly, the only reason the all mighty 49ers haven't done squat in the last 20 years is because of a league wide conspiracy to hold them down!
Sound good
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2016, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
I have some news guys!!! It should be a revelation because you obviously don't know. The Seahawks and the Cowboys are not in the Superbowl. Crazy huh? Retitle the thread if those are the only two teams that exist in the smack talking thread. Call it the Seahawks vs the Cowboys thread. The Broncos and the Panthers are the Superbowl teams. Wouldn't it be cool if we could talk about the teams that are still playing this season instead of one team that got blown out by the Panthers who didn't even have to show up for the 2nd half and another team that didn't even make the playoffs?
C'mon man that would be too easy and logical... and as we have seen logical does not stand a chance in here. Anyways, I hope your Broncos pull it out, I really do, but if the Panthers last few games are any representation of how the superbowl is going to go then Broncos fans are in for some deja vu from superbowl 48, yikes!

Last edited by supersonicmi; 02-02-2016 at 2:41 PM.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-02-2016, 3:19 PM Reply   
Mark and Bobby.... You guys need to call the oddsmakers in Vegas and let them know the Seahawks are "in decline"..... They must not have your deep football insight, they've got the Hawks at the top of the list to win SuperBowl 51.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-02-2016, 3:30 PM Reply   
Johnny Manziel is getting cut March 9th. I hope no team picks him up and someone signs Tim Tebow next year so Johnny Football will feel like a nerf ball. Justin Tuck is retiring,Calvin Johnson is retiring and Peyton is mulling it over. We are losing some great stars in this league. As for Cam Newton, I don't care if he celebrates because he's winning. Now if he did that and was on Cleveland's team losing on a regular basis I'd think he was a showboat. When a guy is winning and his team is 17-1 you can't fault him for having fun. On the 12th man banner he trashed , I thought it was appropriate considering the way Seattle gloated over their wins over New England, Green Bay and Pittsburgh over the last several years. Pot calling the kettle black is what I have to say to Seattle fans who have a problem with that. Just like Seattle fans getting ruffled feathers over the hit on Lockett in the game against Dallas. That was a legal legit hit. Unlike the hit on Sean Lee several years ago. Your past is catching the Karma train . I predict regular stops in Seattle by the Karma train. By decline I mean Won Superbowl,Lost Superbowl,Entered playoffs as #6 seed lucked out in Wild Card Round, lost in Divisional round. Compare that to any other team that went to Back to Back Superbowls then the playoffs the next year. Most of them got to the Championship game despite injuries. Go Denver!

Last edited by cwb4me; 02-02-2016 at 3:34 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-02-2016, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Mark and Bobby.... You guys need to call the oddsmakers in Vegas and let them know the Seahawks are "in decline"..... They must not have your deep football insight, they've got the Hawks at the top of the list to win SuperBowl 51.
They had them as favorites this year too.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2016, 5:05 PM Reply   
Cam Newton has been doing the crap in he link below for years... even when they did suck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFX31j-atuQ
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-02-2016, 6:38 PM Reply   
Hahaha!! I took a couple weeks off and the old Niner and old Cowboy are still at it BFF style. You guys must have loved the Pro Bowl. Rice & Irvin!!! With a dose of Deion!!! Oh glory days!!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-02-2016, 7:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Hahaha!! I took a couple weeks off and the old Niner and old Cowboy are still at it BFF style. You guys must have loved the Pro Bowl. Rice & Irvin!!! With a dose of Deion!!! Oh glory days!!!!
It was awesome to see the Seahawks in one more game! Even if it was meaningless. Well at least there's Couch Potato practice now.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2016, 10:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
So sorry to say I missed the whole game while spending the weekend in the Napa wine country. Horrible weekend right? Bumped into Michael Chiarello while exiting his restaurant in Yountville too. Incredible food. Rough life, living so close to Napa and all. Woe is me.....
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2016, 10:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Negatory. They need to call US.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2016, 11:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh yeah? Seriously, how many "experts" called Seattle "the most dangerous team in the playoffs"? Answer: Every one of them....... And? They were all wrong..... All of them.

On paper, Seattle looked as though they were gonna run the whole season. One problem: they didn't. In fact, they screwed the pooch for the first third of it. I only knew it was coming because you can't have all of that talent, combined with all of those egos, combined with all of that money and still pull it together without a desire to win for the TEAM. Kam started the season by saying he was more important than the team. That set the precident. The rest was all downhill. Lynch did it before that, but back then, Lynch was all they had to run the ball so he was granted a pass. Say what you want, but that Kam thing was pivotal, despite what any fan or player says. It was the sign of attitudes to come. Even my pal Sherman didn't bring it as hard this year. The legion of room got owned plenty this year. They were out of synch too often.

If I take my Niners goggles off, I can tell you truthfully that the hawks could have made a decent run for the SB if they played as a team. Those days are over and that's why they will continue to spiral downwards, despite their raw talent as individuals. Its a team of prima donnas now just like i predicted two years ago. If I had better, historical football knowledge, I think I could come up with a parralel in history. Maybe not. Doesn't matter though, because hawks fans don't subscribe to any history unless it says the hawks just won.

Having said all that, Vegas is just baiting the Seattle bandwagon desperadoes to spend their money now, only to lose it next year. You heard it here first.