Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-14-2016, 12:54 PM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/201...ats-surf-expo/

I think its WAY better than the first attempt, but curious as to what others think.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-14-2016, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerbilly View Post
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/201...ats-surf-expo/

I think its WAY better than the first attempt, but curious as to what others think.
Limited to warm weather in bayou and river applications only, I always thought that a delivered price of 35-40 including trailer was always a great way to own new and get into the scene. I have what I consider a river only boat an A20, and I have a stripped 2014 white surf gate model I paid seriously more than that to get a new wake/surf wave. But smaller the boat, the easier to sink and make big surf wave just like the wake tractor. But it is a glorified inboard bass boat like fish and ski with some down hull capacity that allows For relatively speaking to sac it out. Probably makes a great slalom style wake when empty like a fish snd ski can. But it is definitely a bayou boat.

The problem is who is heyday inboards and what dealers where are servicing them , or do they allow others to warranty and will they support. I now despise my axis dealer and wonder where I'm headed for my indmar valve cover leak.
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-14-2016, 7:21 PM Reply   
Bayliner bought them so Bayliner dealers will now be servicing the Heyday Wake Tractors WT-1
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       09-14-2016, 8:36 PM Reply   
As stated above, it's limited to certain warm weather states or regions. First time I saw it without a windshield, I thought not going to work here in Utah since it's cold in the spring and fall for riding.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-15-2016, 5:35 AM Reply   
The WT-2 is also 10-15k more than the WT-1. And a local dealer here is selling 2017 WT-1 for $47k right now. So this will easily be a $55-$60k boat. Any sane person would buy an Axis/Moomba for that price.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-15-2016, 5:50 AM Reply   
Well if it creeps up that far I don't think they have much of a chance, but it they stay around 40 might be able to sell a few. I see lots of people on our local lakes doing their things behind pontoons so this would be a good fit for them.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-15-2016, 6:04 AM Reply   
Here is a 2017 Heyday WT-1 for sale. $47,604. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/bod/5765302336.html
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-15-2016, 7:22 AM Reply   
I think at $47K they have missed the mark. Much better options for not much more money.

Bayliner doesn't exactly have the best experience/ reputation with tow boats. They used to make an inboard(and 2 V drives) and stopped because they didn't sell. I owned one, it wasn't a bad boat. Performed well, but was of a lower quality. I bought it as a 2 year old brand new hold over, because they didn't sell!! That was a regular looking boat. It was the 97 Ski Challenger, which looked like any other inboard. Had the same components and features….still it didn't sell and they stopped making them with the 98 model year.

That was a boat that from across the parking lot looked like every thing else on the market. The Wake tractors don't look like everything else. They look weird and cheap. They don't have very much space and few features. If they try to sell them for 45-47K for the WT-1 and 10-15K more for the WT-2 they will fail and do it quickly. Regardless of whose dealer network they sell under.

Bryant boats should be laughing all the way to the bank. They designed this albatross and then got someone else to buy it after they had time to see they weren't flying off the shelf like they thought. Why US Marine/ Bayliner thought it was a smart move I'm not seeing. Unless with their production capacity/ ability they can get the unit cost down and sell them for $35K. If not they won't make many, IMO.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-15-2016, 9:05 AM Reply   
For that kind of money I'm going to need a windshield. And a better looking boat.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-15-2016, 9:43 AM Reply   
I heard they sold what they made so maybe the investment is a good one for Bayliner.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-15-2016, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakarocks View Post
I heard they sold what they made so maybe the investment is a good one for Bayliner.
they must not have made very many then...
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-15-2016, 11:03 AM Reply   
Not sure where you heard that…….but a simple search of craigslist and OIB will show you thats not true!!!!!
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       09-15-2016, 12:28 PM Reply   
They sold boats to dealers that are now desperately trying to sold them to real customers on craigslist
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       09-15-2016, 12:31 PM Reply   
BMW and other car manufacturers are known to play this game. Seems like BU did so with their M325 with a canadian dealership a while back . They dump their products at the dealerships thinking dealerships will not ship them back to the manufacturer. It creates a messy situation between manufacturers and dealerships, but sometimes to reach some quarterly or yearly earning targets they are ready to take this risk. Not sure how they play on the accounting side of the game, but looks like they know how to play.
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       09-15-2016, 2:27 PM Reply   
Seriously surprised to see so much negativity about a fresh design for a wakeboarding boat on this site. John Dorton (MC's president for over 10 years) and his son worked together with a group of college think tankers to design the boat. I.E., I don't think you could ask for much more regarding a fresh, but extensive foundation of engineering and cooperative knowledge to have a completely redesigned boat. Fortunately, I've been blessed with the ability to afford a more expensive boat but I can tell you that this would be at the top of my list if it's all my budget could accommodate. I'm just glad to see somebody finally challenging the status quo of what a wakeboarding boat should look like (and cost).
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-15-2016, 2:46 PM Reply   
My, tiny, part of WW has no interest in the design. It would not be something I gave a first look at as it
Old    Raffit78            09-15-2016, 3:18 PM Reply   
You know we are cruising on top of the economies market when wakeboard boats are 120k and anyone that knows how to glass, is building wakeboard boats.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-15-2016, 4:42 PM Reply   
the truth, most of us have the income and are dumb enough (yes we are all stupid about boats) to buy 100k boats, but there are many who can't so if marketing a cheap boat gets those involved an and takes market share. I am stupid, i have had a deposit on a car that may never be made. 2yrs hoping they make it. so for companies to though out crazy cheap stuff is safe, someone will buy it
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-16-2016, 8:52 AM Reply   
I think a budget boat is a good idea but if it's still going to be almost $ 50k then you have your real budget boat(s) already out there.....It's called the used market. I'd rather have a mid 2000's VDrive with all of the bells and whistles for that era anyway and add whatever I want on top. At least I'd be able to sell it again when I'm done. Hmmm. 05 VLX or brand new Heyday......jeez, let me think on that one.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-16-2016, 9:01 AM Reply   
funny, WW said for years if someone built a stripped down 20' wake machine with sound system for decent money, it would sell. There's a SN2001 version out there that didn't last long, I think they built 2. Now the WT whatever its called is getting similar reviews. Best think the Dortons did was sell it Binliner. Now leave it to Binliner to take a low end boat and build it like chit so it falls apart in 5 years. And yes $50K missed the mark by at least 10K. So you get a stripped down rig, still have a sizeable payment on it and it won't last till the note is paid off. Great idea.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-16-2016, 9:10 AM Reply   
Whats the price of the closest 21 foot budget boat? a t22? NXT22? Both of those boats will cost 10-20 more when you start adding the essentials like a surf system and extra ballast. You are buying the name.

If this hull can prove itself then I am all for it.

I can't see this being much colder to ride in than an axis. Bundle up instead of complaining.

Last edited by simplej; 09-16-2016 at 9:15 AM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-16-2016, 9:13 AM Reply   
friend of a friend has one. says wake is beyond legit.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-16-2016, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Whats the price of the closest 21 foot budget boat? a t22? NXT22? Both of those boats will cost 10-20 more when you start adding the essentials like a surf system and extra ballast. You are buying the name.

I can't see this being much colder to ride in than an axis. Bundle up instead of complaining.
T22 is actually pretty reasonably priced. I think you can get on in the 60s. It might be 5-7k more than a WT-2, but most people would probably take that all day long. I'm sure Moomba has options in the 60s as well.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-16-2016, 11:52 AM Reply   
While I don't think it will sell to anyone with any REAL towboat experience, I don't think WE are the intended market. To the AVERAGE family this boat sitting next to a 75grand + AXIS/MOOMBA/MASTERCRAFT will prob do ok. We should all HOPE it sells well so that the costs of these other boats will somehow levelize so that some of us that aren't complete diehards or those of us that maybe don't have money to burn can one day get into a newer boat reasonably. IF they can sell some of these in the high 40's low 50"s I think in the long run it will help us all out.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-16-2016, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
T22 is actually pretty reasonably priced. I think you can get on in the 60s. It might be 5-7k more than a WT-2, but most people would probably take that all day long. I'm sure Moomba has options in the 60s as well.
Yea and I could probably take home a WT-2 for somewhere in the high 40s if I apply typical dealer mark downs. Or buy a T22 with almost nothing in it to make things equal

The msrp of our t22 was like 90k sans a tricked out trailer. I'm interested to see what an equally spec'd out wt-2 will cost. 10-15k is nothing to shake a stick at.

Money talks.
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       09-17-2016, 7:33 PM Reply   
There are two wt-1's on onlyinboards.com for 29,995.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Wak...ona-56622.aspx

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Wak...ona-56623.aspx
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       09-18-2016, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:

Moomba Helix can be had for mid 50's out the door
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-18-2016, 7:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
Moomba Helix can be had for mid 50's out the door
The moomba helix is also not in the 22 foot class.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       09-18-2016, 5:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
The moomba helix is also not in the 22 foot class.
It is, however, an actual boat
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       09-19-2016, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
friend of a friend has one. says wake is beyond legit.
I want to hear more from people that have rode behind these.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-20-2016, 5:38 AM Reply   
Wow, Wake world is quite close minded to change.

To me it seems like a base model deck boat but with a Wake hull.
I like how it utilizes an off the shelf tablet for the automation. Hopefully it is an update able app that can run on both apple and android systems.

One thing that I hope is changed in the future is the throttle location and style.
It would have been much better for the driver if they had put the throttle on the gunwale and done a traditional morse style throttle with a forearm support shelf.