Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (BennMarine)      Join Date: May 2019 Location: Maine       07-22-2020, 1:40 AM Reply   
Hey ya'll! I did a super fun interview with Shaun Murray that just aired yesterday on Renegades and Mavericks. He of course talks about wakeboarding but also had some really great insight to the importance of play as we become adults and also talked about goal setting and so many other good nuggets. In the show notes I put a bunch of pics I took of Shaun circa 2008 & 2009 that were never published.

Also, I put some of my fav videos of Shaun in the show notes too, including some throw backs to Retrospect, and Wakeboarding Unleashed and Pull's House Calls.

You can check it out at https://dirigocollective.com/podcast/shaunmurray/ or search Renegades and Mavericks wherever you listen to podcasts.

Let me know what ya'll think!
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       07-23-2020, 9:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for sharing! Great listen.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-23-2020, 11:18 AM Reply   
Very enjoyable. Great questions from you and great insight into living a good life from Shaun.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-24-2020, 7:19 AM Reply   
Btw, Benn, are you related to Bess Marine? Your names are quite similar.
Old     (BennMarine)      Join Date: May 2019 Location: Maine       07-24-2020, 3:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
Btw, Benn, are you related to Bess Marine? Your names are quite similar.
Yeah, that's me. Haven't gone by Bess since... I think early 2013? Though I've been out of the wakeboarding scene since 2010 ish. I definitely miss it and am eager to find my way back to it. When I came back to wakeworld it had been soo long that I don't even know what my screen name was, so I just created a new account. Good to know I'm not totally forgotten, haha. :-)
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2020, 6:48 AM Reply   
Just read your website. Good for you! And glad to have you back here. I remember some of your gorgeous photos from back in the day. Did you take the one or were you in the one with the gorgeous clouds with sun shining through? I recall the shot was looking towards the back of a boat.
Old     (BennMarine)      Join Date: May 2019 Location: Maine       08-16-2020, 3:07 AM Reply   
Wow Josh! Great memory! Yes, is this the one you're thinking of? This one was published in The Standerd Wake Quarterly. Thank you for the kind words! Means a lot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17cV...ew?usp=sharing
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-16-2020, 8:54 AM Reply   
You're welcome. And yes! That's it! Thank you for sharing again. That picture is even better than I remembered.