Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (zammer)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-01-2014, 8:31 PM Reply   
Since there has been some discussion about the new forward tower that Sanger started putting on their 2013+ boats I thought i would share the Samson Blade tower I just installed on my 2013 v215...
I bought this boat new in the fall and it had the newer forward swoop tower on from the factory in white and I removed it to put the Blade Tower on.. The original tower was mounted too far back in my opinion so I moved the new mounting spot ahead 14" towards the bow for the blade tower. This was simple to do as this only left 2 exposed holes that i covered with Sanger's billet trim plate on top of the gunwale.
It looks much more balanced now on top of the gunwale. One thing to be aware of that is different though is it does not clear the windshield which is what Sanger had in mind mounting the swoop tower further back i believe, but it is fine because of narrow sides on the blade tower even when resting on the windshield i can get through my 8 foot garage door no problem (with 6-8" to spare at least, even with the 4 speakers (if left on).. So its great! I'm pumped about the new look it has given my boat and with the tower I got the Samson Typhoon swivel racks and 4 SD-7 speakers as well...
When searching on the internet for Blade tower pictures on a v215 i didnt see any so here are some below... On my boat build sheet i believe the Blade tower is an option from the Sanger factory if wanted as an upgrade.. I would definitely go for it in a heartbeat.
Now waiting another week for the ice to melt and get on the lake and try out this boat!

Name:  tower2.jpg
Views: 3434
Size:  113.7 KB

Name:  tower1.jpg
Views: 2427
Size:  109.9 KB

Name:  tower3.jpg
Views: 2141
Size:  117.0 KB
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-01-2014, 9:12 PM Reply   
That is the first Sanger I've seen with a reverse swoop that looks good, nice work. Also means you can ride a foot longer rope too. Boom.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-01-2014, 9:37 PM Reply   
That should be standard on every Sanger, great job, it looks awesome. Makes the boat look totally different with that tower.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-02-2014, 5:42 AM Reply   
Looks good. Reminds me of the Malibu tower.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-02-2014, 5:50 AM Reply   
that looks sooooo much better than sanger's goofy tower! Nice job.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       05-02-2014, 6:06 AM Reply   
Definitely much sexier, and I like how it puts the swivel racks in a proper position where you're not having to stand on the back seat to use them.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-05-2014, 9:01 AM Reply   
That's an awesome tower and a real nice upgrade.
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-05-2014, 9:09 AM Reply   
Looks really good. Much better than the new factory tower, not just in placement but in the build of it as well. Never understood why Sanger wouldn't have just had the tower fold backwards like the new NXT if they were concerned about clearance height instead of moving the tower back.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-05-2014, 10:29 AM Reply   
that looks awesome. The problem with the sanger tower isn't just because the tower it far back, it is also the windshield design. If the windshield on the V215 went rather back like teh V237 it wouldn't look as weird.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-05-2014, 7:28 PM Reply   
Best looking forward style tower on a Sanger bar none. Did you post that on the Sanger forum too?
Old     (nelems)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-07-2014, 7:48 AM Reply   
Really good looking boat and tower! I like the Sanger lettering style too.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-11-2014, 7:43 AM Reply   
Looks great!

Do you have any before pics with the Sanger tower?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-11-2014, 8:55 AM Reply   
That looks great. Easily my favorite aftermarket tower.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2014, 10:53 PM Reply   
You can spend a lot more money but it won't get you a better boat than a Sanger
Old     (robeport)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-12-2014, 5:11 PM Reply   
What is your plan for the old OEM tower?
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-12-2014, 8:17 PM Reply   
I like the Sanger tower so much more once the boat is in the water vs the trailer. I actually think they look pretty good.