Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
Anyone mount a fuel jug rack to their trailer? I sometimes boat where a station is not nearby and I don't want to pay the high prices at the marina. The cost of fuel is much lower out of state so the more I can bring back the better.

I was looking at something like this. http://www.flyracing.com/snow/hard-p...iler-jug-racks

I know these are designed for small toy trailers, but I thought it might work if mounted on the boat trailer side as far forward as I can get it. It looks like the jugs lock into place so I could leave them on the trailer while I'm on the water.

Any suggestions on a good fuel jug would also be helpful.

Thanks!
Old    SamIngram            04-29-2011, 11:51 AM Reply   
When logging everyone that works for me uses the Rotopax 4 gallon cans. I have six of them and stack them three high in the mount. They are tough and don't leak. If you decide to go this route just make sure not the get the cans that say Koplin on them, Cabela's sells them and they will leak even when new! I haven't used them on the boat, but thought about it for Lake Powell.

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-29-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
Those Rotopax cans are sweet! Never seen those before! A little pricey but very cool!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-29-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
my mind immediately went to the gutter when I saw the name of this post...
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-29-2011, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
my mind immediately went to the gutter when I saw the name of this post...
Uh huh. How many times do you see the words "Jugs" and "Rack" in the same sentenance.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-30-2011, 6:18 AM Reply   
I live close to a boat launch but the closest gas station is a ways off. I built a stainless steel tank for my pick up that matches the volume of my boats tank capacity. Its set up with an electric pump so it looks like the transfer tanks you see many contractors using in the back of their pickups. I designed mine so it sits low and my bed cover keeps it hidden. I think there are laws that limit the amount of gas that can be carried and i'm sure i am probably in violation of those laws, but damn its handy and anything thats saves on my time on the water is worth it. I have used a setup like this for about 8 years and could never go back to anything else.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-30-2011, 6:38 AM Reply   
if you all cant keep guide poles on your trailers, how mbig of a pad lock is it going to take to keep those?
Old    mojo            04-30-2011, 4:58 PM Reply   
My old friend had a pump in his boat house and gas was delivered. Coolest thing ever. Just carry 5 gallons with u. We all do