Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-08-2009, 5:01 AM Reply   
Has anyone on here mixed there tower speakers? Basically has anyone used 2-6.5's and 2-6x9's? I've got two polk db650's and can't decide if I want to get two more 6.5's or if getting the 6x9's would even be a good idea. I am about to order a new sub and amp and figured I might as well do this while I am at it.

Just let me know what your experiences and thoughts are.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-08-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
Should be just fine.
I personally would stick to the 6.5's But that's just me.

Sean
H2O Pro Accessories
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-08-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
I did some research and it says that 6x9's were made for enclosed spaces and have lots of acoustics. I was just wondering if anyone had installed them with just 2 of each. I have seen a few with mixing 4 of each, which I don't imagine that you would be able to notice much difference.
Thanks for the input though.
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-08-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
I am mixing I have two pro 80's and two polk db650's just until I can save up to get a 485 I will have it wired up this weekend and post results? on how it sounds
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-10-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Are you doing cans or a box? I would not take the time to build a box in that configuration. If you already have the 6.5's in cans on the tower and just want to add a pair of 6x9 cans that would probably be work fine. The 6x9s are 93db efficient vs 92db on the 6.5s. The 6x9s take 100 watts vs only 60 watts for the 6.5s.

I have done db675's in cans on a friends boat. They are fine for listening while hanging out but you can't really hear them while boarding. In my opinion they are really too weak for the tower.

You have a nice boat, it deserves a decent system on the tower too.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-12-2009, 5:06 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. I'll prolly just stick with the 6.5's, now I just need to figure out the configuration I want amp wise. I have a 6 channel right now that pushes 75 Watts to all my speakers. I am wanting to get a sub and two more 6.5's for the tower. Which amp should I get and how should I wire everything? Should I keep the sub separate, should I put the tower speakers on the same amp and the interior and the sub on another? Just kinda curious as to what would work a little better