Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-05-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
I am putting in 4-6 1/2" Polk db speakers interior, 2-6 1/2" Polk db tower speakers, with one 10" sub to come later down the line. What would be a good quality amp that's reasonably priced? I'm not looking to go cheap, but not looking to go overboard either.

I know there are plenty of amp threads on here but I haven't done a whole lot of research on the newer amps to have come out yet. Also wanted some input on what you guys think about this set-up. I'm just looking for something to make a little more noise than what the interior speakers allow. Thanks in advance
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-05-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
i used to use a JL M6450 6-channel to drive my polk momo's in my last boat. some would say slightly under powered, but they sounded great to me. there's an A6450 and an M6450. you can find them for $300'ish i believe. there's plenty of cheaper options too i'm sure.
Old     (muckinaround)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-05-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Check out the Syn line from Wetsounds. They Syn6 should work for ya.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-05-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Spend a little extra and buy an amp that has some of the newer more effecient technology. ex, new wetsoudns syn amps, alpines pdx amps, ect.

The used market for that stuff is pretty good too. If you ever decide to sell it, it can be sold failry quickly at decent prices.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-05-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
i'd agree with adam. i maybe misunderstood the post. i'd check out the wetsounds syn line for sure if you can swing it.

(Message edited by brucemac on February 05, 2009)
Old     (earmark_marine_audio)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-05-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
Jarrod,

A JL Audio G6600 would run all that you have plus a low mass sub like a Polk dB or JL Audio W0 or W1. “Under $500” An Alpine PDX5 class D amplifier would be an upgrade in that it has more power to the sub and is nearly 90% efficient. “Under $600”

The Polk dB coaxials will no doubt step up when you run them high-pass and upgrade the power. Your perception may change once adding the amp and sub.

Depending on your tower speakers, we have upgraded many existing pods to HLCD drivers.

Juston
Earmark Marine
marine@earmarkcaraudio.com