Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-16-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
HEY GUYS CHECK THIS OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK? IT MIGHT BE FOR SLE LATTER!
slider pics
slider pics
slider pics
slider pics
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-16-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
wow that looks nice!! post pics of you using it when you get to use it
Old    wickedwake            02-16-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
Holy crap batman! That thing rocks! Major props bro.

Question: The pipe that is unsupported by wood.. Is that supposed to be cut off and just an unfinished picture? It seems to me that it would not support enough weight. Ive never built a slider though.

Either way that is sick!
Old     (leetudor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-16-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
How are you going to pick it up and move it?
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-16-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
WE HAVE ACCESS TO A FORKLIFT TO LOAD IT ON THE TRAILER THAN WE JUST BACK IT DOWN THE BOATRAMP AND PULL IT TO WHERE WE WANT IT AND ANCHOR IT DOWN. AS FOR THE PART THATS NOT SUPPORTED BY WOOD IT IS ABOUT 2 FEET BELOW THE WATER. I CAN SET ON THAT PART IT IT WONT FLEX AT ALL, IT IS SOLID AS A ROCK!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-16-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
Yeah, that looks like a lot of fun. Does it float? :-)
Old     (leetudor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-16-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
I belive he was asking about the other end of the slider that is high off the water and nothing under the pipes.
Old    wickedwake            02-16-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
Yeah, what Lee said. I was talking about the 3 ft or so at the other end.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-16-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
How did you bend the pvc?
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-16-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
WELL THAT END IS SOLID AS WELL, I SAT ON THOSE 2 PIPES AND SLID OUT ALL THE WAY TO THE END AFTER WE GOT THEM MOUNTED AND THEY DIDNT BOW AT ALL! THERE BOLTED TO A 2X6 WITH A TOGGLE BOLT EVERY 2 FT. THE PVC BENT FAIRLY EASY WE USED RATCHETING TIE DOWNS TO CINCH IT DOWN TO THE PIPE AND THEN DRILL IT IN.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-16-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
That's freakin nice. looks like a very quality built piece. A+ Now I know who to talk to when I build one.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-16-2005, 6:50 PM Reply   
STOP YELLING! and nice slider
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-16-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
OK Steve, what lake are you putting it in? We had one at T-Bird that MArlon built and it lasted all of 1 week before the lake patrol towed it off and sank it..We were boarding Monday at Zoom beach and the temps are from 48-52.....Let me know when you are gonna try it out and I can get some volenteers......lol
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-16-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
Is there any chance those drums will fill with water and sink? What do you do to waterproof the holes used to mount the wood to the drums? Or will that part stay high enough that it's never an issue? That looks like an incredibly nice work!

(Message edited by talltigeguy on February 16, 2005)
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-16-2005, 11:10 PM Reply   
When I get out to the Okie state in about a month, I am gonna put a couple sliders in Texoma and one in a big pond. Was out there last week and when I left on Monday the temps were in the low 80's. Can't wait to get back and ride.

That slider is pretty dope. Good work. What was the total price for material?
Old    jmo52            02-16-2005, 11:21 PM Reply   
you built that thing propa main!How long did it take you to make?
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-17-2005, 7:09 AM Reply   
I guess CAPS means your yelling, sorry. Ive all ready used it and it works great. The drums are sealed and as far as the wood, it has 2 coats of wood stain to keep it from rotting. It floats really well, and it doesn't sway when you slide it. It took about 2 weeks, off and on! I roughly spent about $320. My guys chipped in to so it was all good!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-17-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
you should get some old skis or boards and put them under the barrels so its easy to tow. I don't know how far you're moving it but it looks it could take a while. may cause a lot of drag
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-17-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
Its kick a$$ though!!
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-17-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
That looks perfect good job!

Thats how us oklahoma people do it!

Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       02-17-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
Steve, did you put it on a public waterway? Do you know if you have any Lake Patrol issues. On my lake, they won't even allow the inflatable, portable sliders. Just curious.
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-17-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
Ya i am talking to a few city councils asking if they would be interested in putting this on there city lake but most of your people that control these lakes throw a fit about it because of the liability issue. They dont want anyone getting hurt on it and suing the city. Im gonna talk to sammy down at eufala and see if he wants to maybe put it down there for SPF 2005. Ill try to get a hold of him in a week or 2. Hey Doug, man you guys are Brave ridin this early, coooollllddd! Im to cheap to buy a dry suit...lol.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-18-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
Steve- Props to you and your crew!! Very impressed! Nice to see something new on here that someone has built.

Great quality construction! I can't give you enough props on this one!

That's how us Mid-Westerners do it! (I'm originally from Kansas)

(Message edited by Kraig on February 18, 2005)
Old    tulsawakebrdr            02-22-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
The name of the heading should be "our 40ft slider", that Lawson guy is taking all the credit. I can say from experience, it is a big son of a bi***. But...it is a lot of fun. Hopefully we can have it at spf this year.