Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-13-2011, 2:43 PM Reply   
I'd love to hear what the early consensus is on the KTV-fit, feel, true to size, durability, etc.

I loved the 2011 RADs, but with only minimal wear last season (exclusively boat) I was fairly disappointed with the way the liners broke down.

I'm loving the KTV concept for their simplicity and the fact that they just make more sense for being purely a boat rider.

Thanks!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-13-2011, 3:19 PM Reply   
My buddy at the cable raves about them. I haven't had a chance to try them yet but I must say they look extremely comfortable/well made in person.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-13-2011, 3:55 PM Reply   
10 times better than the 11 RADs and I liked my RADs too. The new gel sole SS has is super comfortable (the 12 RADs will have it to). Im with you on riding only boat and wanting a simple binding and these are it. Sizing is the same as the 11 RADs so just get whatever size you had. I cant comment on durability cause I only have 1 set in them but they are RAD..... oops I mean KTVAWESOME!!! I just trademarked that in case SS wants to call them that next year...
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-13-2011, 6:56 PM Reply   
Just received my KTVs. Seem nice but not nearly as easy to tighten as my velcro Vantages. The top velcro strap is much harder to crank due to its design. Not as soft or comfortable as my old Vantages either, but not fair to rate comfort until they are broken in.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-13-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
super curious about these too (and the shredtown ones as well). from description it sounds like the 2012 boots have larger heel kidney pads too. post some pics looking down inside and other angles.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-14-2011, 5:09 AM Reply   
Both are sick. I've ridden the KTVs once, but the Shredtowns are my boot this year. New soles are awesome and once you break them in the velcro tightening gets way easier. KTVs are a lil stiffer than the Shredtowns out of the box if I remember correctly. Can't go wrong with either.

I will say as well tho... don't count out the 2012 RADs. They are significantly better than the 2011s in my opinion. The new booties and laces really fixed any an all problems from the 11s. If I were riding boat everyday I'd ride the RADs... but since I pretty much only ride rails I prefer the ease of the velcro
Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-14-2011, 6:29 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input fellas-much appreciated. I'm pretty sure moving on to the KTV is the right move.

I'm usually an 11/11.5 in most shoes and was glad to have gone with the 10 in the RADS. My toes were at the end of the booties (comfortably), but when I'd step into the shell they were perfect. So, hopefully I can get into the KTV's before the season starts to get the right size...oh, trying on wakeboard boots in the store...always a blast. Although that experience has improved since the days of binding slime in the store with someone standing on the base to help get out.

The reason I'd probably count out the '12 RADs is the amount of time I spent playing with the string, readjusting while riding-the fact that the lacing is now separate may have solved that, I suppose. I LOVE the concept of simply buying the liner when it wears out, which is why i bought the RADs in the first place, but it was pretty annoying to see how much the heel lost it's shape/cushion after literally a dozen sets. I have heard that also has been solved....so we'll see.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-15-2011, 4:59 AM Reply   
Yeah the booties are a totally diff design... way more reinforced than last year. Shouldn't be any heel wearing issues to speak of.
Old     (apf)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-15-2011, 6:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luker View Post
Yeah the booties are a totally diff design... way more reinforced than last year. Shouldn't be any heel wearing issues to speak of.
I'm curious to know about how high your foot is off the board compared to say a ronix binding, other than that i really like the ktv design...cant wait to try them out