Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2014, 8:01 AM Reply   
Nothing is for sure yet, but due to a recent diagnosis of cancer to my Mother-in-Law my wife wants to move back to our home town to be closer in-case it is the end....and the potential (one interview left) for me to get a REALLY good new job in the area means we'll probably be making the move and buying something on the water again.

...a buddy and I have owned 3 boats together in the past 10 years and would do it again -- I'm not worried about owning with a buddy either, it would be our 4th "co-owned" boat, we're best friends and the past ones have all worked out great.

What we want:
* 23' or more, and wide ... something with large interior
* Great for wakesurfing, decent wakeboard wake
* Already "done" .... we don't want to take a Maristar/Sunsetter/etc and add a tower/ballast... it can be those, but should already have that stuff
* Perfect pass to keep my marriage in tact
* Something within a 8-10 hour drive of central Wisconsin

The top end of the budget would probably be 40k +/- .... cheaper is by no means a bad thing.

Current hunt will probably be on:
Moomba Mobious XLV
Supra 24ssv
Malibu 23 LSV
MC X-30 ... maybe X-star 04+ (They never seemed that great for surfing though)
Tige 23v / 24v
Epic 23v (finding them is tough though)

.... anyone have anything good, bad, otherwise to say about these choices given our "wishlist"?