Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       02-12-2017, 4:54 PM Reply   
It was another great Utah Boat Show, maybe the best yet! MP brought in a lot of heavy hitters to represent their respective brands which was awesome for the customers. And it was really nice to see Dave Williams from WW & Jared Cutler from Lead Wake there as well. The season will be upon us soon, and there's a lot of energy already surrounding the PWT coming to Mantua in June. I think this is shaping up to be the best summer for Utah wakeboarding yet!
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       02-13-2017, 9:16 AM Reply   
Plus the lakes should be full too! It's been a snowy winter. I'm stoked!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-13-2017, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
It was another great Utah Boat Show, maybe the best yet!
For sure a great show and I heard sales were through the roof for everybody! Come on summer sun, lets do this...
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       03-06-2017, 5:19 PM Reply   
KSL covering water levels at East

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43387567&nid=148
Old     (CHUCK_K)      Join Date: Aug 2015       03-06-2017, 5:48 PM Reply   
What about Powell? Too far gone to fill all the way up?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-08-2017, 10:07 AM Reply   
Rich, saw that a few days ago too on KSL. All the lakes should be good. Let's hope they let some of the water flow into Utah Lake this year. It was a sad situation last summer for those who call it their home lake.

Chuck, I'm not 100% sure but I was always told that Powell gets the majority of it's water supply from the Colorado River flowing into it. So it depended on CO's snowfall numbers.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-08-2017, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quick question about Utah. Where are the best places to ride? Are there any lakes that you can actually live on?
Old     (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       03-08-2017, 10:46 AM Reply   
Plenty of lakes around. A few ski lake communities
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-02-2017, 8:10 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone,

The 2017 season is upon us so if you need any supplies for your boat, or new watersports gear, you can use my discount code, ry2017, at www.marine-products.com for 10% off your purchase at checkout. If you living locally, you can save on shipping by calling the store after your order is placed and arrange for you to pick it up yourself.

Can't wait for this weather to get consistent!
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       04-03-2017, 11:28 AM Reply   
Yeah, hopefully more consistent soon. That warm streak 2 weeks ago was exciting. I pulled the Pineapple Man out of my garage to start getting him ready for riding. Leaving it winterized for now though, just in case.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-03-2017, 1:50 PM Reply   
I hear ya Rich. Weather kind of changed for the worse this week. Thus still looks decent though.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-14-2017, 8:33 AM Reply   
Speaking of... Today is the day! Heading to Marine Products this afternoon to pickup the 2017 demo Moomba Mojo. First time with such a big boat and can't wait to dial her in.
Name:  IMG_1479a.jpg
Views: 2585
Size:  84.2 KB
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-14-2017, 5:16 PM Reply   
Nice Josh! That needs a Hooters logo on it with that color scheme! It will pop on the water for sure. When you dropping her in, and am I actually going to get an invite this year to try her out finally?
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       04-16-2017, 10:26 AM Reply   
I think Ryan is asking the right questions here
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-17-2017, 6:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_shima1 View Post
Nice Josh! That needs a Hooters logo on it with that color scheme! It will pop on the water for sure. When you dropping her in, and am I actually going to get an invite this year to try her out finally?
Hooters or Harley you take your pick 😏. Need to start the break in process ASAP and see what wake I can produce. UT lake is looking decent and close to get the break in done, hope to talk with them today.
Awesome pictures as usual coming from the weekend. My goodness that SANTE 210 don't disappoint.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-17-2017, 11:44 AM Reply   
I took the MP Mojo camping back in 2013 when my 22ssv had to get some repairs and I was impressed with the wake when loaded down, so getting a wake to produce 4 years later should only be better, right? Utah Lake should be on the rise, but you have Deer Creek or bring it up to Willard & we'll get her broken in. And yes, the 210 wake never disappoints, even 15 years later. You need to sesh her again soon!
Old     (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       04-23-2017, 5:53 AM Reply   
It's almost May, have not had the SA out yet and looking at the next 5 days snow is forecasted for 4 of them. Come on Utah, give it up, winter is over.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-23-2017, 3:47 PM Reply   
it's definitely been one of those springs. Not any better down in the valley since the next 5 days are scheduled for rain. Ugh!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-27-2017, 8:55 AM Reply   
Name:  17990723_10211361749831324_5720793126610819599_n.jpg
Views: 2226
Size:  42.7 KB
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-02-2017, 7:59 AM Reply   
If you have any old, pre-loved wake gear sitting around, bring it to MP for their Swap Sale and receive either 100% in-store credit or 70% cash back. And don't forget to use my discount code, ry2017, at checkout to receive 10% off your purchases!
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-02-2017, 8:26 AM Reply   
Huge thank you for anybody that made it out to the Jordanelle clean up day. I mapped my route and racked up some distance while picking up about 10 lbs of trash.
Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 2340
Size:  48.7 KB
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-25-2017, 2:34 PM Reply   
anybody been to Utah Lake this year? I was trying to get the courage up to go back. We went last spring and hit our prop right off the trailer. This was at the saratoga springs pelican bay marina, in a axis A20. We never went back, I know they let a ton of water out of deer creek but wasnt sure if it was enough to raise the lake from last years low.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       05-25-2017, 4:48 PM Reply   
I usually don't ride Utah Lake, but KSL has this article about the current state there:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44361782&nid=148
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-13-2017, 3:19 PM Reply   
Ive been only to Provo and it's reading 4-5' in the harbor and 7-8' in the main lake. I've only used it to get break-in hours and not riding since it's so shallow.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-20-2017, 6:18 AM Reply   
Well I have been through a couple of Mojo's this season and still haven't rode one. Got the break in then sold for customers to enjoy and not have to worry about the first 10 hour service. So I picked up a Helix on Friday and towed to to Powell to get the break in done ASAP. This boat comes in small at 20.5' and I love everything about it. Built for the budget and keep a good wake boat in the affordable range. So far the wake and wave have been the best but only got a little time to play with them. I myself think a 20/21' boat is perfect for a day on the lake and a decent crew.
Name:  Helix11.jpg
Views: 2204
Size:  87.2 KB

Name:  Helix12.jpg
Views: 2193
Size:  186.6 KB
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-13-2017, 12:25 PM Reply   
FIRE ON THE WATER this weekend, hope most can join. $20 per car load and plenty of family fun to be had at Jordanelle.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       07-13-2017, 12:41 PM Reply   
Hey Josh, how did you like the Helix vs your MB? Was the pickup pretty amazing with that engine? I agree the price is right. Also, I was at MP the other day and it looks like their is a new secret model being released soon. I told them I wouldn't say anything online, but I'm looking forward to hearing your report on that one too.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-18-2017, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hey Josh, how did you like the Helix vs your MB?
I was obsessed with the MB wake until the Helix came along and gave it a run for it's water. The MB did feel slightly larger in length (5" truly) since they cut out of the sun pad and added a little more cabin room. Now the Helix at 20.5' really don't seem small at all and still gives you a full sunpad for long days on the water. With the Indmar Raptor 400 the Helix has never had a problem getting to wake speeds. The heaviest time I ran it I only had a half tank of gas but I'm certain it would get up no problem. If I feel like I need a little more I can engage the Moomba Launch and that deploys the surf tabs 50% to help get up. The drive of the Helix trumps the MB, always felt like I was fighting something when having to turn the MB. Technology - Helix
I can't wait till I get a chance to play with the new 2018 model and see how it compares to the rest of the lineup. From what I have seen it's going to be a big hit and not breaking the bank.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-19-2017, 9:23 PM Reply   
It's not a done deal, but seriously thinking of dumping my boat. It's still sitting at the side of the house, hasn't been out, hell, pulled the cover off last Friday, hasn't been cleaned. We're just talking about getting out to run it & can't find a weekend, I'll have to take days off in the week.

Still kinda hesitant, but this chit isn't getting better next year, we're dumping weekends on teams that we're playing for. Anyway, feelers are good.

Michelle's co-worker wanted her to talk if we wanted to sell, so I ask Michelle to talk with her & we'll go from there. But again, putting feelers. As far as what I see on Boattrader or OI, we'd be going cheap....

2003 SAN 210 Limited with 3 tanks(flat in back), just over 400 hours if I remember correct and runs like a top, zero mechanical issues. Interior is fine, but a 13 year old boat(14?), it's not perfect, no need for new skins...but there are cuts(nothing crazy, thumbnail like, but all the same, not perfect) in at least 2 places on the EC and the bow top point has seen its better day.

Anyway, we'll see.... I don't know.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-19-2017, 10:50 PM Reply   
^^^. Add this is a photo(2015). Take it for what it's worth

Think you can zoom and see both nics/blemish in the SD. Don't know what EC was in other post. SD, Sun Deck.

NOTE, I'm a realist, I took that pic and yea, my boat kicks ash, but don't look at that pic and think that boat(exterior) is flawless, it is not. It is pretty though. Has been on the water about 10 days since that pic, so that and storage(outdoors, covered).

Last edited by deuce; 07-19-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-21-2017, 11:04 PM Reply   
Hey EJ, I know we already discussed it on FB, but man, I hope you keep her! She's such a timeless boat and wake. I remember you trading in your Cobalt with the Airboom tower for her, and THAT was also a nice boat!

Is every weekend really taken up for you during the summer?

Will keep my eye's and ears open for anyone who may be interested.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-22-2017, 4:13 PM Reply   
Not sure about every weekend, but just uncovered her and cleaned it up this weekend, July 22nd...

We're committed to a soccer tournament next week, in Boston with Abs for hockey first week in August, week we get back Max Cup soccer. So just watching and hoping. Maybe can get up to Starvation in mid August, have to run it...just to run it at this point.

I will say, it was fun washing her down, sitting in it having a beer and listening to the stereo....brought back feeling on the water, which we love.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-22-2017, 5:54 PM Reply   
EJ, she still looks purty after all these years! What price are you asking in case I run into anyone who may be interested?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-27-2017, 11:45 AM Reply   
Going to be awkard when seeing the boat and asking where EJ is and they say NO EJ HERE...
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-16-2017, 7:09 PM Reply   
EJ's boat is sold! Congrats to Dylan Rogers on becoming the new owner and welcome to the Nautique family!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       11-28-2017, 6:25 PM Reply   
Thought my season was over back on Oct 22nd when I took my boat out for her last session of the season. But Sunday had unseasonably warmer weather and Dylan Rogers was up for taking out his 210 for one last run of the year. Water temp was around 48F & air temp was 51F, but no wind whatsoever so conditions were epic! Thanks for a great session, Dylan! And thanks to everyone who i got to ride with this past season for all the great times on the water. Can't wait until next year!
Attached Images

Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       11-30-2017, 3:31 PM Reply   
Crazy People!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-01-2017, 6:04 AM Reply   
That's rad that Willard still has enough water to play on. Man I miss the UT Winter Crew...
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       12-01-2017, 8:40 PM Reply   
Willard's had a good water supply for a while now, but I will admit that I do miss the droughts at the end of the summer when people were too afraid to launch their boats. Butter as far as the eyes could see, haha!

It was a great session, and everyone rode well. One & done, and we peaced out!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-05-2018, 10:39 PM Reply   
The new enclosure that Glen & Julie made for my 210 works amazing! Kept the cockpit very warm & comfortable for everyone before & after their sets.
Attached Images

Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       04-06-2018, 11:33 AM Reply   
That turned out solid. Looks OEM! Good work Glen!

How was the increased warmth factor?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-06-2018, 12:24 PM Reply   
Rich, it was amazing! Edan said he could feel the warm air from the heater all the way on the back seat. No breeze came into the cockpit and stayed toasty warm. KC even took his t-shirt off after his set since it was so nice. I was really surprised with how well it worked.
Old     (mecca131)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-04-2018, 10:34 AM Reply   
Hi Utah,

I just moved to northern UT from DC; looking for a pull for myself and a buddy. We're both pretty easy going fellas, know how to ride, have gear, and know how to be good thirds (will definitely help with gas and cleaning). If you have room for us and are game for some new dudes to ride with, let me know. Thanks!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-05-2018, 6:50 AM Reply   
mecca131 ~ What parts of Northern UT?
Old     (mecca131)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-07-2018, 3:58 PM Reply   
Hi! I'm up in Mountain Green/Morgan. I'm not sure where people ride around here.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-08-2018, 11:47 AM Reply   
I'm mostly Jordanelle, Deercreek reservoirs. There's some solid riding up in your area on Willard and maybe they will chime in...
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-08-2018, 5:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecca131 View Post
Hi! I'm up in Mountain Green/Morgan. I'm not sure where people ride around here.
Hey Mecca, welcome to Utah & the thread! I ride at Willard a couple of times a week (Thurs & Sun), times vary based on schedule but happy to give you & your buddy a pull. Please send me a private message here and we can exchange contact info.
Old     (B_Russ)      Join Date: Aug 2014       02-23-2019, 11:17 AM Reply   
Northern Utahns,

My wife and I are looking to upgrade boats and are interested in partnering. We're Willard Bay riders, and would only look to store it near there. I've got a listing on KSL with the details and contact info.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       02-26-2019, 6:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Russ View Post
Northern Utahns,

My wife and I are looking to upgrade boats and are interested in partnering. We're Willard Bay riders, and would only look to store it near there. I've got a listing on KSL with the details and contact info.
Best of luck in your search for a reliable, respectable partner(s). This was something I did with my first boat I purchased back in 1999 (my roommate at the time). It can work out well if there's a clear understanding of expectations of usage, maintenance, etc like you posted in your listing. Personaly, I would have a hard time partnering with someone I didn't REALLY know well.

Willard Bay is my home lake as well, and ride early Thursday & Sunday mornings. Maybe we'll run into each other this summer. Keep us posted if you end up finding a partner!
Old     (B_Russ)      Join Date: Aug 2014       03-04-2019, 6:01 AM Reply   
Ryan, thanks for the input. There's definitely some apprehension about looking for a partner.
I guess my thinking is, a bad partner is a risk, depreciation is an economic certainty. Damned if you do, damned if you don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I think we've probably seen each other on the bay (forgive me, only commented here once or twice, but lurked for years), you have a white/blue SAN, no? I have the black/red flame MB (pictured). I'm sure we've raced for the glass on the southwest end once or twice.

Beyond clear and thorough expectations and communication, any other lessons learned from your partnership?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-05-2019, 2:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ryan, thanks for the input. There's definitely some apprehension about looking for a partner.
I guess my thinking is, a bad partner is a risk, depreciation is an economic certainty. Damned if you do, damned if you don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I think we've probably seen each other on the bay (forgive me, only commented here once or twice, but lurked for years), you have a white/blue SAN, no? I have the black/red flame MB (pictured). I'm sure we've raced for the glass on the southwest end once or twice.

Beyond clear and thorough expectations and communication, any other lessons learned from your partnership?
Yep, I've seen your boat out on the water, nice ride!!! I have the black/white SAN (pic attached).

The main lesson I learned in my boat partnership is that even if the original expectations were 50-50 going into it, both on paper & financially, someone always does more in maintaining the boat & trailer, despite who uses it more. If one of you is truly ok with that, then it has a better chance of working out. In my partnership, I was the one who did most of the upkeep but I didn't mind since it was kind of therapeutic for me. It also taught me the in's & out of the boat so I knew when something wasn't right. I'm really anal about keeping my boat cleaned & well-maintained, just ask anyone who has ridden with me, haha!
Attached Images

Old     (B_Russ)      Join Date: Aug 2014       03-06-2019, 4:43 PM Reply   
Thanks! Yours is a beauty as well.

That makes a lot of sense and definitely worth considering.
I think I'm like you in that aspect, though. I don't mind boat maintenance at all. There are things I dislike about boating - cost being a big one - but I've never minded (de)winterizing, maintenance, or even upgrade projects. In fact I've installed an actuated trim tab, underwater LEDs, docking LEDs, piped extra bags, and built multiple iterations of surf-wave devices before buying a Nauticurl two years ago. Enjoyed every project so far.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep an eye out for you on the water this year.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-06-2019, 5:35 PM Reply   
Thanks B_Russ! Hope to see you out on the water as well. Let's hope Mother Nature is mild this spring. Ice should be off Willard by now, but water temps are probably still in the upper 30's. I'm ready to get riding already, haha!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-21-2019, 1:41 PM Reply   
Took my first wakeboard set of the year this past Monday with Dylan Rogers & his dad, Brett (picture of his HS Roll 2 Revert) on their Moomba Max. Water is cold, low 40's, but with the sun out, it was manageable. Looking forward to a great summer season!
Attached Images

Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       03-22-2019, 10:16 AM Reply   
Did it pass the 100F rule?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-24-2019, 9:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloungelife View Post
Did it pass the 100F rule?
Rich, no it didn't. Water was 42F & Air was 55F so we were just under it. But with the sun out, being on the boat was fine.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-13-2020, 7:19 AM Reply   
The wakeboard season is upon us, let's cross our fingers for more consistent weather & overnight temps that don't crack our engine blocks!

Time lapse video of a session from last fall on Willard Bay, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cknFzF4V7BQ
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-23-2020, 2:27 AM Reply   
Just went through 6 pages a memories on this site. What a hell of a ride. Glad to see boats starting to hit the water.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-30-2020, 5:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Just went through 6 pages a memories on this site. What a hell of a ride. Glad to see boats starting to hit the water.
And Josh, this is version 22 of this thread. Amazing and great memories! Now we just need this situation to calm down so access to county lakes open back up to everyone, and Mother Nature to cooperate more consistently.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       03-30-2020, 7:53 AM Reply   
I've been wondering about access as well. Currently seeing that state parks are only accessible to those that live in the county of the park.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       03-30-2020, 7:55 AM Reply   
Source - "State parks will only be available to the residents of the county in which the park is located. National parks availability is still under review by committees in Washington, D.C."

https://kslnewsradio.com/1922086/gov...d-of-covid-19/
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-03-2020, 6:01 AM Reply   
Rich,

Just replied to your comment on your post. Willard changed their initial FB post and went back to only allowing Box Elder County residents. Let's renegade it! Breaking the Law Breaking the Law!!! LOL
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       04-03-2020, 6:57 AM Reply   
I think this is where Dawn Patrol might work well. Get there before they start there day checking people. That said I’m unsure what to do about boat storage at East Canyon. Need to call and see if they’ll refund me if they don’t all out of county after a certain day
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-03-2020, 9:35 AM Reply   
Rich,

Dawn patrol's will be very cold, haha! But Dylan just texted me saying that there was a sheriff checking ID's at the ramp to make sure users were from Box Elder county, and that it's a class B misdemeanor offense. May have to break out the winch and hit some ponds, haha!
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       04-03-2020, 10:05 AM Reply   
Damn, well there goes that plan. I was looking into getting a PO Box in Morgan County but I dont think that will work either. Was hoping to get my address on my license updated. I’m jealous of the people in those counties. The lakes will be less busy.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       06-18-2020, 11:20 AM Reply   
How's everyone's season going? Any new riders out there? Glad that things calmed down a little and getting out the lakes is back to normal. Now I just need to get my riding back to normal now... Jk, I'm happy where I'm at. Always takes till July to get everything back for me.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       06-18-2020, 11:21 AM Reply   

Here's a little pic Shima took from out on Willard. No more wetsuits down there right now, but we're still wearing them up in the mtn lakes.
Old     (B_Russ)      Join Date: Aug 2014       07-18-2022, 1:56 PM Reply   
A little quiet around here....

How's everyone's summer? Everyone taking advantage while we still have some water in our ponds? I think Willard probably has 3-4 weeks left...

We were out on Willard yesterday, for the hottest day on record in northern Utah. Glass all morning, no wind until evening.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-29-2022, 4:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
A little quiet around here....

How's everyone's summer? Everyone taking advantage while we still have some water in our ponds? I think Willard probably has 3-4 weeks left...

We were out on Willard yesterday, for the hottest day on record in northern Utah. Glass all morning, no wind until evening.
It's been a solid summer, and probably quiet on here since most OG's from this thread use FB and/or IG now. And use the Brand owner pages to stay connected. I don't get on here much either, and do miss the discussions and posts that everyone contributed to.

Willard is getting close to being unlaunchable, even for those who know the North marina. Probably less than a foot now until it's dangerous for the newer, bigger/heavier boats.

How was your summer? And where are going dropping in now that you stopped going to Willard?