Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       05-19-2014, 9:20 PM Reply   
Decided to get ride of the home depot hooks and use up some wood I had laying around. Only cost was the $5 pipe foam I used in the notches. Anyone have a diy rack?

Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-20-2014, 6:20 AM Reply   
nice man,,,, great job, I like it alot
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-20-2014, 3:00 PM Reply   
Love the old Belmont and Parks bindings!
Old     (BGeorge01)      Join Date: May 2014       05-20-2014, 3:33 PM Reply   
Wish I had the room for one like that, here's what I got!

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       05-22-2014, 8:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGeorge01 View Post
Wish I had the room for one like that, here's what I got!

That's even better, if i had the cash for those racks id do that too, you cn load em up from the boat. And save space. Unfortunately my boat is covered in the back.
Old     (BGeorge01)      Join Date: May 2014       05-22-2014, 8:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryguy1717 View Post
That's even better, if i had the cash for those racks id do that too, you cn load em up from the boat. And save space. Unfortunately my boat is covered in the back.

They're not expensive by any means, I think maybe $20ish at Home Depot. The nice part for me is I have room at the front of the boat to add 2 more if needed.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-22-2014, 8:59 PM Reply   
Those look great. Been thinking of making one myself. Might have to make it a weekend project.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-22-2014, 10:24 PM Reply   
Very nice. I want to make one myself for my garage to keep my boards. I just have a hard time finding space for everything. Do you have pics of the build at all? I only have two boards atm, wakeboard and wakesurf, but I'm tired of them standing up leaning against the wall. Does anyone have any info on a rack that hangs them vertically? I don't have much linear space on my walls left, but I could do both vertically if there was a good, practical way to do it.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       05-24-2014, 8:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
Very nice. I want to make one myself for my garage to keep my boards. I just have a hard time finding space for everything. Do you have pics of the build at all? I only have two boards atm, wakeboard and wakesurf, but I'm tired of them standing up leaning against the wall. Does anyone have any info on a rack that hangs them vertically? I don't have much linear space on my walls left, but I could do both vertically if there was a good, practical way to do it.
I don't really have a write up with photos but I started with 2*6*8 boards, because 8 feet sat perfect floor to ceiling, then stenciled the cut outs, about 2.5"-3" for wakeboards and 3-3.5" for wake surfs. Basically draw them out on one board, then used a jig saw to cut out the grooves, but found the 2*6 board was too tough so I went with 1*6.

This is one of the 2*6 boards I started with, you get the idea. I spaced about 12" between slots to acommadate bindigs

Once you've got one cut out, use that to stencil the other side exactly like the first one, once you have those cut out I found a vertical stud in the wall and cut 7 12" pieces of a 2*4 board for the center, basically like a ladder then drilled the sides to the 12" pieces, stained and finished then used some pipe insulation foam for the cut outs, place rack centered on vertical studs, drill a screw into each center piece over stud, drink a beer.

Just make sure you angle the cuts downwards a little bit. I'm sure others can make nicer ones, this was a shot in the dark. In hindsight id make the cutouts a little smaller to make the board more snug. Maybe 2" for a wakeboard and 3 for wakesurf. You can always make em bigger, not smaller.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-25-2014, 12:28 PM Reply   
Might not be a write up, but it's pretty close. I like how you did that. I'm definitely going to have to give it a shot if I can find a free section of wall.
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-25-2014, 3:51 PM Reply   
Welded this one a couple weeks ago for the new garage. 1 1/2" square-.095 tubing with 3/4" solid round, some plywood, carpet, and big casters to roll the whole thing in and out if I need to.
Attached Images

Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-25-2014, 3:52 PM Reply   
Another look...
Attached Images

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       05-26-2014, 5:40 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=KLPDEPAEPEAnother look...[/QUOTE]

Very nice! Wish I had a welder. Were you on folsom Sunday? I saw a boat just like that.
Old     (trippingbillies)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-28-2014, 8:55 AM Reply   
I too did the slot method. Mine was pretty simple but ended up being effective. Just two 2x10s that were slotted to hold boards and then used angle brackets to mount to my wall in my garage. Had that for a couple years, but I just moved and broke down and bought some from storeyourboard.com. I've been happy so far.