Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-07-2012, 2:54 PM Reply   
Has anyone found an alternate material to use for laces in your RAD bindings? I love the feel of mine, but I'm sick of ordering replacement laces from Slingshot. Seems like some kind of thin chord material would work, but I'm not sure what to go with.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-07-2012, 6:31 PM Reply   
I have SS D2's and replaced my bottom laces (chord style) with just normal Nike shoe laces. The sinch works great and they have held up through two season thus far.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-07-2012, 11:33 PM Reply   
have you tried the new laces that are white and black and thicker than the black ones of last year?
IF not then get those.
If you have, then i wouldn't have a suggestion what to use, but if you have replaced your laces before you probably know how thin they will have to be to be able to lace it through... which can be a pain. I used some floral wire to make a long needle to thread my laces through especially for the hard part out the opening of the boot in the hardware on the side where the laces lock...
Old     (sporte77)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-25-2014, 11:04 AM Reply   
I just replaced & upgraded my 2011 laces with 2012 Slingshot RAD laces. The originals were black. The new were white and black. You need to call Slingshot & ask them for the "bulk" black and white laces for 2011 RAD boots. I also found a way to thread them easily.

1. Wear gloves so you don't burn your fingers. Use a lighter to slightly melt the lace end & while it's soft - pull the end into a stringy, pointy end about 1/4" long.

2. The laces will thread through easily just by pushing.

SEE photos attached...
Sam
(PS-Unfortunately - I could not find replacements that thin - other than through SS. But if you call them and get a response - they are pretty good about helping out).
Attached Images

Last edited by sporte77; 10-25-2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: added note
Old     (Riderite)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-25-2014, 1:28 PM Reply   
I swapped the laces out with shoe laces. Riding cable I leave them a little loose and I only have to use the velcrow strap for easy in and out. Behind the boat I tighten them up.
Attached Images