Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-29-2016, 2:15 PM Reply   
From his Real Wake part

Slow motion view of my wake to wake 1260 from @xgames #realwake. Ever see a wake that big? @nautiqueboats #G23

A video posted by Mike Dowdy (@dirtymikedowdy) on

The full part in case you live under a wakesurfing rock, 12 is the banger;
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-30-2016, 11:28 AM Reply   
Best riding ever
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-01-2016, 6:49 AM Reply   
Talk about skills! Missing see new stuff from Randy Harris but this will do. I could only imagine the weight they have in that thing
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-01-2016, 8:22 AM Reply   
Look how early he finished the 10, progression won't stop here. As soon as winter sports went 12, the progression exploded. If as many rode in summer at this level as do in winter and it would have already. Hope these new wake surfing boats end up used in the hands of these guys and the progression will explode and more guys will execute. This is huge for wakeboarding. Isn't x games summer bringing back wake more than the double up event now being held?? For these guys I really hope that's the case cause they deserve it.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-02-2016, 8:32 AM Reply   
damn!!!!
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       12-02-2016, 8:43 AM Reply   
SO SICK!!! the past 10 years have been in Wake have been SO DOPE!! ever since Danny landed his 1080 behind the boat the sport has gone crazy with progression. every couple of years, or even within the same year riders are pulling off tricks we once thought were impossible. Doubles are now common among top riders in competition!!

If only these boats were more affordable.....
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       12-05-2016, 3:12 PM Reply   
I remember the 1080 contest for the first one caught on film (video, not the first ones ever landed - credit to Parks and Mark Kenney), and it seemed to take ages. Everyone was coming close...then Danny finally got it. Back then, I would never have imagined a video like Dowdy's, but like Alex said, as soon as Danny landed it it felt like everyone took a breath and started charging harder. The new G wakes certainly don't hurt either I think I'll watch that vid a few more times...