Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Ghanddi)      Join Date: Aug 2016       06-20-2017, 1:43 PM Reply   
Did anyone see this earlier today? https://www.instagram.com/p/BViHe7lD...ahflegel&hl=en Insane!.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-20-2017, 2:37 PM Reply   
AWESOME! Blind petes on a surf -What will they think of next!!!
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-20-2017, 9:54 PM Reply   
Ughhhh,
Only wakesurfing.... anyone see John John Florence throw down that mobe-looking invert on a real surf board on a real wave? No straps by the way.

Respect Noah's skill for sure (he is one hell of a wakeboarder), but what if surfers and skaters started strapping in? Stuff like this reinforces in my mind that wakesurfing is an activity and not a sport. The boat buying public does not agree with me and this video will probably inspire even more people to trash the lakes with surf rollers cause "now we can do inverts and not even get hurt!"
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       06-21-2017, 3:53 AM Reply   
Okay, I will bite LOL.

Oh wow. Someone get a higher soapbox for this guy! He is clearly a cut above us
--the stupid surfing people.

Newsflash--the boat wave is thigh-high. Not 7' tall. So.......nevermind.

I will never understand why dudes like you can't just be chill, respect another (freak athlete) person, and stay clear of throwing out flaming statements that a) make no sense and b) obviously are meant to offend and/or stir the pot. Go for a jog or something to vent your steam.

"Sport" vs "Activity" is possibly the most fruitless debate I have seen on this forum. Makes ZERO sense and actually matters even less.

And surf rollers trashing lakes? Let's outlaw cruisers and wind too. Thunderstorms, tornadoes... you're right bro, they all are super stupid. They all trash the lakes. LAKES ARE FOR WAKEBOARDING (or whatever you're into)! Well, and the athletes.

Other than that, have a sweet day! And if you wanna trump Noah, make it happen without straps behind a boat.

I actually feel stupid for even replying. But a wicked thunderstorm woke me up this morning and no doubt it's wrecking my lake. So I am naturally worried.

Last edited by dakota4ce; 06-21-2017 at 4:00 AM.
Old     (Andy_Mora)      Join Date: Oct 2012       06-21-2017, 4:45 AM Reply   
This seems to come up a lot on these forums.

I think you can do whatever you want - if you want to spend all day surfing behind the boat, go ahead! I think you should do whatever you have fun with. It doesn't effect me.
I also acknowledge the skill it took for Noah to do some of these tricks even if he is strapped in. I certainly wouldn't be able to do it!

BUT, I can also share my opinion and I think this is the LAMEST thing ever haha. I don't like surfing to begin with and I first saw this posted on Wakezeach. I got a good laugh about it. The little hair flicks make it even funnier, because it looks like such a "claim" haha. I look at this in the same way I look at those guys in Nitro Circus doing triple flips on Razor scooters - it's crazy and is super difficult but it's also funny to me and kind of a joke.

If you get pumped on this though and it makes you want to surf even more, then power to you. My opinion shouldn't matter to you at all.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-21-2017, 9:16 AM Reply   
Awesome stuff from Noah. I love to see limits pushed.

dakota4ce- Well stated.

Hey Dustin, what if a surfer put straps on a surfboard and then, THEN rode it behind a boat! Wow! I bet that would be neat! We could call it a Skurfer. Then we could fill bags with water so that we can make really big wakes and get some extreme air! Yeah, get rad bro!