Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (jfoushwake)      Join Date: Apr 2015       05-19-2015, 6:31 AM Reply   
Need help throwing a batwing, I know I need to keep my chest over my board and that I need to kind of scoop the wake but I don't know what direction I am supposed to kind of throw the board. Do I throw it out in front? Do I throw it to the side? Do I throw it behind me? all tips are appreciated. Thanks
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-19-2015, 8:07 AM Reply   
The difference between my good bat wings and my lazy ones is maintaining line tension all the way through the wake. I wouldn't worry to much about where to put the board, it is going to to go. As long as I reach for a good square indy the board turns tip down and tail up.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-19-2015, 8:25 AM Reply   
da foush, go big don't suck. I have no other advice
Old     (TRobb)      Join Date: Jan 2015       05-19-2015, 9:11 PM Reply   
I agree with maintaining line tension through the wake. I always imagine my board being a drag shute which seems to let me rotate my hips the correct way. Many will say to start the grab right away but i tend to wait for that drag feel from the board before reaching. Last tip is relax, when I first started doing these I always pushed for the flats which left me pretty tense. Take it W2W first before shooting for flats. Flats are only for raley's anyways where there are chix in the boat you wanna impress.