Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-28-2016, 9:17 AM Reply   
Just picked up a new Axis A20 and couldnt help but take some surf sets. Only bummer was the 41 water and 48 degree air temp! We had one crazy guy decide it wasnt that bad and took a quick set no suit.

Loving the surf wake of this 20 footer... Cant wait to add some extra weight and get this thing dialed in this summer.

Check out the video and the linked story.
http://www.fox9.com/news/the-goods/113991433-story
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-29-2016, 11:31 AM Reply   
Did they leave the mushroom bag compartment it did they put in a foot well I heard about, need that weight
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-31-2016, 8:27 PM Reply   
David - not sure I understand, but really want to make sure I maximize the wave with weight. Can you explain more?
Old     (nohlan_4)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-01-2016, 8:02 AM Reply   
He's talking about the '15 and older A20 that didnt have a full walk through the bow bag kinda looked like a mushroom and was rate for 950# I believe. With my buddies A20 the best setup I have found for surfing is full factory, 750's in each locker and a bow sack, I'm guessing only a 650# will fit in the '16 A20 up front. Could also stash 200 pounds of lead up front in the pickle to make up the difference. Then depending on how many people are in the boat determines if we run the wedge or not. Usually 4 peope and less is wedge, anything more we pull the wedge up. Speed usually set at 11 mph. Makes a great wave for a 20 foot boat IMO.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-04-2016, 9:42 AM Reply   
Nohlan got it right, you can keep the wedge so long as the passengers are not on rear seat and are on the front seat(3 plus driver) maybe one small person on either side seat close to driver or others on passenger side, and if you have people, use them up front to either lengthen wave or make up short fall for my 900 mushroom I get 800 to 850 in.
The best set up I have for starboard is the wife as driver(nobody else in boat)batteries and gear on top of 750 rears with 700 in them, full fuel, wedge, and mushroom = about 3500 fluid, 1000 as wedge=4500. Port could use a few people to get better positioned to improve port, I run a 1235 acme with the 330hp 350
Here's the wife enjoying starboard and just me and weight as above
https://www.facebook.com/daves.wakeb...6006181829359/
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-04-2016, 9:44 AM Reply   
Don't forget to fully burp your bags multiple times until it is full of fluid and not air
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-04-2016, 9:54 AM Reply   
Read your manual and tilt your cushions and if not in dry country, run a full fan under cover at all times, I even use the plugs from the bags where you install quick connects to prop up motor covers at middle where cover seems meet about one inch. Two by ski pylon and two by platform side, lining up the two pairs . With tilted cushions and fan, things dry well. I remove front bag each week cause carpet up there, back lockers I dry under and around and leave connected, but my obsessive self water vacs out majority of water, where I live it would be pure algae in a week-bayou country!
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-04-2016, 9:55 AM Reply   
I even wet vac the forward bilge each week as the water never leaves that area and again would be solid algae
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-04-2016, 10:02 AM Reply   
We also surf slower than anybody and 9.8-10.3 really jacks up my wave, this would probably be the time for extra people in front on top of my 900 and it would be tall and long. If we had more people than me and wife I think we would need to go faster, but slow means big
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-04-2016, 10:06 AM Reply   
I have a chillax seat, so everyone is seated with a seat back, you'll have one on floor in middle
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-04-2016, 10:43 AM Reply   
Great vid, if that's your wife she is bad ass to get out there
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-11-2016, 6:57 PM Reply   
She is pretty bad ass. 10 weeks pregnant to boot!
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-12-2016, 9:34 AM Reply   
My wife would have laughed in hysterics and put the heater in her dry jacket and clothes if asked to surf. If you guys have crowds to
Surf your gonna have fun, wakeboard wake just hard tanks and wedge is decent, under big ballast its big and poppy. Our water is in the 70,s now, shorty time. We use our warming tray a lot and unless it's real warm, we just put on warm wet stuff and go again. Going last 4 weeks with a G23 crew, check out the action of some young shredders on David posey Facebook or Ride or rent Dave's wakeboat for some great riding. I'm on surf and skate only from broken butterfly femur fracture nail repair and the wife almost went last weekend and the alternator on the g23 broke. Come down for jazz fest and I can put you guys up, take you surfing in am and drop you off at the fest door. You guys wouldn't even wear suits!