Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (CBroadus21)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-07-2014, 2:51 PM Reply   
Hey,
Im looking for my 1st setup, Ive rode a few times and have been snowboarding for a while. WIll be behind a boat and am looking for a nice intermediate board. Ive been looking at some ronix and some Hyperlites so far , but not sure what boards are good, best for me. Also not sure of rocker, camber or hybrid....Suggestions? Im about 6'1 and 190. Would like to stay around the 350 mark but if the board is hands down better and more exp thats fine. All help and advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-07-2014, 10:05 PM Reply   
he's actually asking about wakeboards
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-07-2014, 10:09 PM Reply   
Slingshot Response would be my top recommendation as it will allow you to progress the most with a snowboard background imo, otherwise go with what your local shop has and see about demo'ing
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-08-2014, 2:11 AM Reply   
I agree with A-dub's suggestion. The Slingshot Response is a great board and it won't break the bank. I think last year's model is selling for $250 on evo right now.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       07-08-2014, 4:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Slingshot Response would be my top recommendation as it will allow you to progress the most with a snowboard background imo, otherwise go with what your local shop has and see about demo'ing
x3, love my Response!
Old     (CBroadus21)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-08-2014, 11:07 AM Reply   
awesome, i will look into them. Are the 2015 models suppose to be out relatively soon?
Old     (CBroadus21)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-08-2014, 11:30 AM Reply   
The price doesn't really matter to me as much compared to the quality and how good the board is. being I'm new at this, I'm not sure. Obviously if a $350 board and a $500 board are practically the same then 350 it is, but i don't mind spending extra if there is a huge difference.

Some that have been recommended I have been looking into

Ronix One ( not sure of the various editions)
Ronix Bandwagon
Liquid Force Hybrids
Liquid Force BOB (not sure on how heavy it is)
Hyperlite Merek Bio and older Novas

Does anyone have any experience with these or have other info or recommendations?

Thanks a lot guys