Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-11-2017, 8:51 AM Reply   
I am trying to install the wetsounds leds in a set of rev 10's. instructions say to remove 4 screws for grill, then 4 screws that hold the speaker, and then remove speaker. I did all that and I cannot get the speaker to come out. I called tech support and they said to turn speaker upside down and hit the sides with a rubber mallet and it should fall out. I did that and nothing even budged. Has anybody done this install, if so how did you get the speaker out????
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-11-2017, 9:10 AM Reply   
I have done the install, I used a flat head screwdriver to pull up on the metal. I cringed while doing it, but it worked. You might also try a hook and pull method.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-11-2017, 9:41 AM Reply   
Both what tech support and above said work. Just make sure you have a towel or something soft down underneath for when the speaker falls and don't hold it too high.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-11-2017, 10:02 AM Reply   
We make the tolerance very tight so the drivers sit in the baffle and internal support snug. Flip the speaker over on a towel, you don't have to hold it in the air, just sit in on the folded up towel.. Make sure all screws are all the way out. You can use the side of your fist and hit the speaker right above the seam where he front baffle and housing meet. Do this all the way around and your driver should pop free. My tech guys can do this with a rubber mallet in one whap in about a second but first time. It is frustrating for sure. Once you get it. Other ones should be easy. If they are that tight. Other mention of thin flat head and gently pry and work its way around works as well.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-11-2017, 10:12 AM Reply   
I was able to use the mallet method with no problems.
Old     (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-11-2017, 12:10 PM Reply   
thanks for the help. I did try this morning with a rubber mallet around the seam and nothing happened, I could have been going easy on it. I was a little nervous about hitting them with a mallet I will try it again tonight and be a bit more aggressive.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       08-11-2017, 12:34 PM Reply   
I've held them upside down dropped them on their face from a couple inches off the ground. I dropped it on a rug on my wood floor in my house and had it come free. That one was very stuck, some just come out, but the one I did that to was stuck like I've never seen.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-11-2017, 8:19 PM Reply   
Take all screws out, Flip upside down on the styrofoam insert for the Revs. Slap vigorously and random around outside of pod evenly until they fall out. Hard, your hands won't hurt it in any way. Basically slap it like it stole something evenly. Works everytime. This walks the magnet out of the pod holder with no pressure under the driver and horn.

Last edited by Truekaotik; 08-11-2017 at 8:28 PM.
Old     (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-12-2017, 1:50 PM Reply   
Well I got both speakers out...I dropped them from about 1" above the floor and they came right out. I have all the lights wired up and now I am trying to get wires through the tower and that sucks..does anybody have any suggestions on the easiest way.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       08-12-2017, 9:41 PM Reply   
String tied to a plastic grocery bag and a shop vac. Although I've never tried it on a tower, I have fish tape made for conduit.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-12-2017, 10:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmods View Post
String tied to a plastic grocery bag and a shop vac. Although I've never tried it on a tower, I have fish tape made for conduit.
this worked for me, but use a corner of the grocery bag and make it just big enough so it expands a little bigger than the tubing and pretty light string.