Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-07-2016, 1:25 PM Reply   
Had the flu all week and apparently it has effected my BP. On Sat I had an episode where a crap load of blood suddenly drained from my nasal cavity into my mouth like from a horror film. Then I felt woozy so I drove the Hosp and walked the parking lot to see if it got better or worse. Didn't do either so I checked in and my BP was like around 196/96. They admitted me did a cat scan of my head and blood tests. Then came back and did a cat scan of my abdomen.

Then later the Dr comes in and says "we know why you have pain in your side". I say... I don't have pain in my side. See says that my lipase is 900+ and I have pancreatitis, then talks about the cat scan. They want to keep me. OK, but what about the bleeding and BP. Don't know. So then I wait again to get admitted.

Next Dr comes in to admit me. I'm like great. I need food haven't eaten since 7:30am and it's close to midnight. No food but we'll give you IV nutrition. No thanks, I'll fast. She says I'll be doubled over in pain if I eat. I'm like... I don't have any pain. She pushes around on my abdomen. Nope, no pain. Then she says ok you can have food.

Next morning Dr comes in after reviewing blood results. Looks at breakfast I eat and says you'd be doubled over in pain if you had Pancreatitis and says they have no idea why the Lipase is so high, cat scans look fine, but they can't find anything wrong we me, so go home. BP was 105/70 when I woke up and the only answer I can conclude about the BP is it's an anomaly of my flu, which the first DR refused to believe I had because there was no virus in my blood.

Even though I got it from a party because others got it too and the host said she had it and was probably the source. It was crazy because the whole time I wanted them to focus on my high BP and the Halloween Horror Night display of massive amount of blood that came out of my mouth. I just figured the pancreatitis was some latent condition they found as a result of the tests that could be dealt with later since I had no symptoms.

The first doctor replied NO to the question... could the high BP cause the bleeding? The standard exit instructions for "nose bleed" from the hospital said... If your nose bleed was caused by high BP, then check BP again in the morning.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-07-2016, 10:06 PM Reply   
Dude, not good, scary stuff. Hope you're back on the straight soon.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-08-2016, 6:51 AM Reply   
Yeah, I'm back home still finishing a few minor flu symptoms. The first Dr was a beautiful woman who appeared to be totally disinterested in why I came in, then scared the crap out of me saying I had something that I had no symptoms of. She really didn't want to believe that I didn't have any pain.

First they cat scanned my head. Then they brought me back for a cat scan of my abdomen. That was a relief because I wasn't the least bit concerned about my abdomen. When the cat scan operator said..."you're back". I told her that must be a good sign that they didn't find an issue when my head and now they're just going fishing.

What's weird is that they didn't even give me any advice about potentially testing my lipase enzymes in the future or anything. But I'm definitely going to request a periodic test for it as long as it's out of the normal range.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-08-2016, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
The first Dr was a beautiful woman
Maybe why your BP was way up?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-08-2016, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottog1979 View Post
Maybe why your BP was way up?
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-08-2016, 4:32 PM Reply   
Osama/bamacare at its best
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2016, 6:35 AM Reply   
I'm blaming Planned Parenthood.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-09-2016, 7:26 AM Reply   
they can only help if you're pregnant
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2016, 8:07 AM Reply   
It was female doctor. Surely there's a connection.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-09-2016, 9:36 AM Reply   
all BS aside, hope you get it sorted out
Old    deltahoosier            02-09-2016, 9:52 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear that John. Get well.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2016, 9:58 AM Reply   
I think the main issue I have to get sorted out it if they expect me to pay for anything related to thier dumba$$ diagnosis. It's now my understanding that no one gets diagnosed with pancreatitis without associated pain in their abdomen. At the time I just thought it was one of those "silent" conditions they uncovered. When the admitting doctor realized (for the second time, and second female dr) that I had no pain she should have sent me home.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2016, 10:02 AM Reply   
Best I can tell I'm well now. BP nomal and flu symptoms pretty much gone. If it wasn't so dang cold I'd be wakeboarding.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-09-2016, 10:08 AM Reply   
ooh... good luck with that
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2016, 10:36 AM Reply   
No kidding. They haven't posted the claim to my HI yet, but I'm going to stay on top of it.