Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (vetzzino)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-22-2014, 12:00 PM Reply   
Hello everybody... I want to know if its posible to practice wakesurf in an Axis T22 for example at sea.

I know if its glassy there is no problem but with winds arround 12-15 knots/h is it posible?

If u have a video with these conditions I want to wath it.... Please send me a link

Thanks everybody!!
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-22-2014, 7:48 PM Reply   
Lol who takes a wakeboat to open ocean?
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-23-2014, 12:54 AM Reply   
If you had open ocean, why wouldn't you just surf?
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-23-2014, 5:59 AM Reply   
I don't think we're on the same page here... Define "open sea"..

When the wind kicks up on the lake, we call it an ocean..

The answer no, you can't, you'd be wasting ur time, the wake sucs..

And I wouldn't take the Axis in salt water.. it'll be gone in a couple of years..
Old     (vetzzino)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-23-2014, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
If you had open ocean, why wouldn't you just surf?

Not all the seas have waves with power enogh for surfing... I know that malibu an axis have an especial package for salt water but I dont know if the wake for wakesurf is good or is ****...

Soory, but I want to know cause you have more experience than me in wakesurf world

Thanks everybody again
Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-23-2014, 8:22 AM Reply   
Ignore the above posts. If you had the salt water package, and the water was calm enough, there is no reason you couldn't. Specially with surfgate. I'm thinking like florida keys calm on a sunny day etc.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-23-2014, 8:53 AM Reply   
I live in the south with brackish waters and even with the closed loop cooling and salt package, it kills the boats... I know two oil pans that rusted thru ( less than 500 hours) and engine mounts corroded beyond repair.. also the electronics on the boat went down hill fast.. Speaking from experience...

Email these guys..

http://www.xtremewakeuae.com/

they use Axis and Bu's in Dubai.. High salt environment.
They'll be able to tell you about reliability of the boats in salt water...

Last edited by Pad1Tai; 02-23-2014 at 8:58 AM.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-23-2014, 12:52 PM Reply   
Actually it is possible. I remember there was a video on this thread
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800119
that had them pull a G23 off of their yacht and go surf in the ocean behind it in the ocean.

So yes you can, given some good conditions.
Old     (vetzzino)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-25-2014, 9:13 AM Reply   
Hello

In your opinion which is the best boat for wakesurf??

I tried in a Malibu 2013 22 mxz an was so fun...

Are better waves?? More powerful?? Longer??

Thx again for share your experience
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       03-04-2014, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetzzino View Post
Hello

In your opinion which is the best boat for wakesurf??

I tried in a Malibu 2013 22 mxz an was so fun...

Are better waves?? More powerful?? Longer??

Thx again for share your experience
The Malibus are great boats but not the BEST wakesurf boat. If you want it for wakesurf only Get a Centurion FX44 or Enzo 240. not as pretty as the Malibu but a heck of a lot bigger wave! I like the MB Sport but they probably don't have a dealer in Spain.

Any boat with a good dead rise will do a decent wave..just depends how much weight.

Make sure you select a boat from a dealer who can service the boat well.

We have a boat in Greece ..pretty close to Spain's Salt Content and we are pretty happy with the Salt Package on it. You will have to replace Engine parts every 3 years (manifolds, water pumps, heat exchanger) but overall its no more than 2-3000 Euro every couple years to keep it good on the salt water. One thing I will tell you is DO NOT LEAVE IT IN THE WATER more than 2 weeks at a time!
Old     (captainbrad1)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-15-2014, 1:12 PM Reply   
Salt is not an issue if you are taking the proper precautions such as rinsing/flushing if the boat is going to sit for more than a day. I used my 06 Malibu in salt every day and sold it to a gentleman in Tennessee 2 years ago. It still runs like a champ. As for wakesurfing in the "open" sea, good luck with that. All of these type of boats ride like crap with any sort of chop.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-20-2014, 6:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrad1 View Post
Salt is not an issue if you are taking the proper precautions such as rinsing/flushing if the boat is going to sit for more than a day. I used my 06 Malibu in salt every day and sold it to a gentleman in Tennessee 2 years ago. It still runs like a champ. As for wakesurfing in the "open" sea, good luck with that. All of these type of boats ride like crap with any sort of chop.

+1
Salt will kill a boat IF YOU ARE LAZY and DO NOT MAINTAIN. I had an 02 VLX and was used in salt. Only two issues I had (after 8 years and 550 hours) were had to change an alternator and steering cable. That can be on any boat after that amount of time. There is just three times as much cleaning involved than if you run in fresh water. Flush engine with Salt Away, spray metal, screws, board racks, etc with salt ways and wipe off. We would even hand the rider a towel and have them dry off as much as possible on the swimstep and wipe off their board before entering the boat. Salt and a boat just takes more care.

The real issue will be your trailer. The salt will get to that as you really cannot clean the inside of it.
Old     (VinnyQH)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-23-2014, 5:30 PM Reply   
Sure, why not!??! Be sure to take care of your boat!!