Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-30-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
So, I just noticed as I browsed through the bindings on Buywake, that my 07 Watson bindings don't match the picture shown on the website. Has anyone else noticed this or are my bindings just different for some reason? Like, there are massive color differences between the two. The design and stuff is 07, but the colors look like they're 06's. I know it's just minor cosmetic stuff, and I don't really care since I like the solid black more, but I was just curious if anyone else had noticed the discrepancy...
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-30-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
if your watsons are all black then it sounds like you got sold the 2006 Watsons. the 2007 Watsons have gold accents except for the closed toe which are black with red interior.

(Message edited by iamnathanhudson on April 30, 2008)
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-30-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
go to the bindings section of this site and check out the different year watson bindings.
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-30-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
it might have something to do with the watson limited edition vs standard
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-30-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
Nope, they're not 06's. They have the same modeling as the 07's the color scheme is just different. It's weird as hell. I'll post a picture up tomorrow of the difference. But they're definitely not 06 Watsons, since the actual boot design is that of the 07, not 06.

And they're just plain old standard edition bindings.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-30-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
I saw a pair like that on eBay too, they were pretty much blacked out. They didn't have the gold eyelets or the thin white stripes on them. They looked cool. These were OT's BTW.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-01-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
Yeah, that's what I have. I definitely like them more, I was just curious if anyone else had seen something like that.