Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-13-2020, 5:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I would like to say here and now that I hope all of you folks stay safe and healthy and that your families do too.
X2!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 5:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
No, you are fighting truth and facts with all your simpleton brain can muster. You cant stop supporting the one guy who could have done anything other than cover-up the truth and lie to Americans.

What trump did to combat Covid 19.

The president’s misinformation and mendacity about the coronavirus are head-snapping. He claimed that it was contained in America when it was actually spreading. He claimed that we had “shut it down” when we had not. He claimed that testing was available when it wasn’t. He claimed that the coronavirus will one day disappear “like a miracle”; it won’t. He claimed that a vaccine would be available in months; Fauci says it will not be available for a year or more.
Trump falsely blamed the Obama administration for impeding coronavirus testing. He stated that the coronavirus first hit the United States later than it actually did. (He said that it was three weeks prior to the point at which he spoke; the actual figure was twice that.) The president claimed that the number of cases in Italy was getting “much better” when it was getting much worse. And in one of the more stunning statements an American president has ever made, Trump admitted that his preference was to keep a cruise ship off the California coast rather than allowing it to dock, because he wanted to keep the number of reported cases of the coronavirus artificially low.
On and on it goes.
To make matters worse, the president delivered an Oval Office address that was meant to reassure the nation and the markets but instead shook both. The president’s delivery was awkward and stilted; worse, at several points, the president, who decided to ad-lib the teleprompter speech, misstated his administration’s own policies, which the administration had to correct. Stock futures plunged even as the president was still delivering his speech. In his address, the president called for Americans to “unify together as one nation and one family,” despite having referred to Washington Governor Jay Inslee as a “snake” days before the speech and attacking Democrats the morning after it. As The Washington Post’s Dan Balz put it, “Almost everything that could have gone wrong with the speech did go wrong.”
Taken together, this is a massive failure in leadership that stems from a massive defect in character. Trump is such a habitual liar that he is incapable of being honest, even when being honest would serve his interests. He is so impulsive, shortsighted, and undisciplined that he is unable to plan or even think beyond the moment. He is such a divisive and polarizing figure that he long ago lost the ability to unite the nation under any circumstances and for any cause. And he is so narcissistic and unreflective that he is completely incapable of learning from his mistakes. The president’s disordered personality makes him as ill-equipped to deal with a crisis as any president has ever been. With few exceptions, what Trump has said is not just useless; it is downright injurious.
The nation is recognizing this, treating him as a bystander “as school superintendents, sports commissioners, college presidents, governors and business owners across the country take it upon themselves to shut down much of American life without clear guidance from the president,” in the words of Peter Baker and Maggie Haberman of The New York Times.
Donald Trump is shrinking before our eyes.

Trump is toast.
Dude give it a rest. You sound like you write for Pravda
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 5:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
I think Rod believed Drumpf when he said the cases would soon be zero. I mean it's 85 today in Austin, so that means the virus is dying right?
Why would you project that.

You tell me. What temperature does the virus die? Why did the Swine Flu, MERS, and others have the projected death toll?

You are great at propaganda and shy on real detail.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 5:18 AM Reply   
https://thehill.com/changing-america...tbreak-compare

What happened with SARS

The severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak, which happened in 2002-2003, is caused by a coronavirus. But the way things unfolded then is partly why that outbreak was an alarming event, experts say.

The first case is thought to have been reported on Nov. 16, 2002. Health officials didn’t know what it was, and SARS was categorized by its symptoms, which were similar to pneumonia. It took several months for the outbreak to be reported to the World Health Organization (WHO) on Feb. 14, 2003, when there were already more than 300 cases. At that time, Chinese officials were not sure what caused the illness. By March 21, there were cases in 13 countries and 10 deaths.

The entire SARS outbreak lasted about six months, resulting in more than 8,000 cases and killing 774 people. It took months for the virus to be identified as the cause of the illness, and the genome sequence was published in April 2003. Granted that technology for sequencing has advanced since 2003 allowing for faster work, this still means that it took a few months from the first knowledge of the outbreak.

Looking back at SARS, the fatality rate for SARS varied by age, “less than 1 percent in persons aged 24 years or younger, 6 percent in persons aged 25 to 44 years, 15 percent in persons aged 45 to 64 years, and greater than 50 percent in persons aged 65 years and older,” according to WHO.

So far, the deaths from 2019-nCoV have mostly been in older people, many with existing health problems. However, the most recent death is of a 37-year-old man who is now the youngest fatality in this outbreak. As more reports of cases and deaths come in, we will have to wait to understand how dangerous this virus is and how it compares to past coronavirus outbreaks.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 5:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
That is a lie!
They anounced it. Ok guy on the 3rd deck yelling down at the umpire that he missed the call.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-13-2020, 5:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
They anounced it. Ok guy on the 3rd deck yelling down at the umpire that he missed the call.
"They" didnt announce it. The *president said it to the entire country on National TV while sitting in the oval office. He flat out lied while reading off a teleprompter. He is done, wont make it to November.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 5:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So basically we should expect no leadership until there's zero criticism? Is that what GWB did after 9/11? Is that what Reagan would do? What Clinton did after OK City?

Sheesh, OK, my bad.
I’ve asked this before and I’ll ask it again. What is Trump not doing that he should be doing?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-13-2020, 5:50 AM Reply   
https://newrepublic.com/article/1569...1hCYHtjob79Wjw

"Indeed, a lot of the conservative project of corrupting or starving government agencies depends on an almost touching belief in the resiliency of the institutions liberalism built in the twentieth century. Even the people dismantling the government probably believed, at some level, that the CDC could effectively address a massive public health crisis even though its new director was unqualified and its budget had declined for years. Despite its grip on power, the conservative movement cannot adapt to the circumstances created by its victory over the state. It didn’t occur to the right that a more terrifying series of words than “I’m from the government, and I’m here to help” would turn out to be “I’m from the government, and I guess I anticipated that the private sector would have engaged.”"
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 6:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
"They" didnt announce it. The *president said it to the entire country on National TV while sitting in the oval office. He flat out lied while reading off a teleprompter. He is done, wont make it to November.
Uh huh. Just like he was done after your Russia hoax. Just like he was done after your Biden hoax. Just like....... You need to change your screen name to Iraqi Minister of Defense or Baghdad Bob for short. There are no American tanks in Baghdad while one is driving in the background.

oh...still your president.

Get of the drugs dude. bad for your brain and emotions.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 6:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
https://newrepublic.com/article/1569...1hCYHtjob79Wjw

"Indeed, a lot of the conservative project of corrupting or starving government agencies depends on an almost touching belief in the resiliency of the institutions liberalism built in the twentieth century. Even the people dismantling the government probably believed, at some level, that the CDC could effectively address a massive public health crisis even though its new director was unqualified and its budget had declined for years. Despite its grip on power, the conservative movement cannot adapt to the circumstances created by its victory over the state. It didn’t occur to the right that a more terrifying series of words than “I’m from the government, and I’m here to help” would turn out to be “I’m from the government, and I guess I anticipated that the private sector would have engaged.”"
Awe... more emotion.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-13-2020, 6:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
The reason it seems like herding chickens is because you are a one issue guy. Complexities apparently scramble your brain.
I really don't think you should be schooling anyone on complexity. It's a given that lowering tax rates on earnings will result in lower revenue for those earnings. The reason that the actual revenue didn't go down is because something compensated for those reductions. You are claiming that the compensating revenue was solely because of the tax rate reduction. That is conjecture because you have no information on the nature of that compensating revenue, or any way to directly tie that revenue to a tax rate reduction.

IOW, it's quite possible that no change in the tax law would have resulted in an increase in revenue and a reduction in deficit spending. And without any further supporting data it's reasonable to assume that would be the most likely scenario.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-13-2020, 6:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I’ve asked this before and I’ll ask it again. What is Trump not doing that he should be doing?
Resigning. Trump isn't qualified to do anything. If you are digging yourself into a deep hole, the first thing is to remove the guy with the shovel.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 6:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
I really don't think you should be schooling anyone on complexity. It's a given that lowering tax rates on earnings will result in lower revenue for those earnings. The reason that the actual revenue didn't go down is because something compensated for those reductions. You are claiming that the compensating revenue was solely because of the tax rate reduction. That is conjecture because you have no information on the nature of that compensating revenue, or any way to directly tie that revenue to a tax rate reduction.

IOW, it's quite possible that no change in the tax law would have resulted in an increase in revenue and a reduction in deficit spending. And without any further supporting data it's reasonable to assume that would be the most likely scenario.
And dito goes to the claim that reducing taxes hurt the bottom line. Fact. Income to the treasury went up. Fact. State budgets are in better place.

I have 2 facts on my side. The rest is absolutely conjecture including the democrats constantly screaming that tax cuts hurt our deficit. You don't know. I don't know. Only thing we do know is the two things I just spoke about which are both positives.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-13-2020, 6:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Uh huh. Just like he was done after your Russia hoax. Just like he was done after your Biden hoax. Just like....... You need to change your screen name to Iraqi Minister of Defense or Baghdad Bob for short. There are no American tanks in Baghdad while one is driving in the background.

oh...still your president.

Get of the drugs dude. bad for your brain and emotions.
At least I still have a functioning brain. You? We have no evidence.
Are you going to dispute he said it on National TV during his speech?
Why dont you post a copy of that speech where he DIDNT SAY IT.

Quote:
Earlier this week, I met with the leaders of health insurance industry who have agreed to waive all co payments for coronavirus treatments, extend insurance coverage to these treatments, and to prevent surprise medical billing.
Except he/they didnt. The next morning health ins execs corrected the president, "only testing".
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Resigning. Trump isn't qualified to do anything. If you are digging yourself into a deep hole, the first thing is to remove the guy with the shovel.
Ho ho ho. That’s not how that line goes.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-13-2020, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I’ve asked this before and I’ll ask it again. What is Trump not doing that he should be doing?


Assuaging fear. Being a source of strength and empathy of those he leads. Giving only the best factual information he possibly has, and not making stuff up. And certainly not picking fights or blaming. How we got here is a question for another day. I want to know the plan to get out.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
At least I still have a functioning brain. You? We have no evidence.
Are you going to dispute he said it on National TV during his speech?
Why dont you post a copy of that speech where he DIDNT SAY IT.



Except he/they didnt. The next morning health ins execs corrected the president, "only testing".
Funny. I believe I only said Testing. Thank you for confirming my statement.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 6:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Assuaging fear. Being a source of strength and empathy of those he leads. Giving only the best factual information he possibly has, and not making stuff up. And certainly not picking fights or blaming. How we got here is a question for another day. I want to know the plan to get out.
No cure?
Can spread with you knowing?
pre testing is not effective?

You connect the dots. The plan if it gets worse is to suspend your rights. That is it. Only knob they have. If it is bad as they want you to believe, you will have your rights suspended if it gets bad enough. You want him to go on TV and tell you that truth?

Other than that, it is like SARS which was way worse fatality rate but just magically went away?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-13-2020, 7:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier
Got insurance companies and medicare to wave any fees to get tested and treated.
Quote:
Funny. I believe I only said Testing. Thank you for confirming my statement.
Dick.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-13-2020, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
And dito goes to the claim that reducing taxes hurt the bottom line. Fact. Income to the treasury went up. Fact. State budgets are in better place.

I have 2 facts on my side. The rest is absolutely conjecture including the democrats constantly screaming that tax cuts hurt our deficit. You don't know. I don't know. Only thing we do know is the two things I just spoke about which are both positives.
Those two facts aren't on anyone's side. It just allows the intellectually lazy to assume that cutting taxes will never lower revenue just because the confluence of unknowns make it appear that way this time.

The existence of facts that allow one to jump to conclusions is just an example of how half truths may lead to being wrong. The half truth is knowing revenue didn't drop when taxes were reduced. The rest of the truth that would explain this phenomena is unknown to us here. I'm sure data exists that would provide an ability to analyse this with more accuracy, but we aren't operating with that in this forum.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Dick.
Oh well.

pu%%y.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 7:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Those two facts aren't on anyone's side. It just allows the intellectually lazy to assume that cutting taxes will never lower revenue just because the confluence of unknowns make it appear that way this time.

The existence of facts that allow one to jump to conclusions is just an example of how half truths may lead to being wrong. The half truth is knowing revenue didn't drop when taxes were reduced. The rest of the truth that would explain this phenomena is unknown to us here. I'm sure data exists that would provide an ability to analyse this with more accuracy, but we aren't operating with that in this forum.
Then for the love of God QUIT SAYING THE PRESIDENTS TAX CUTS CREATED A DEFIECITE!! You don't know. That is my whole point. Not even the first order or looking at income and state budgets do not remotely support your claim. It may or may not be possible through detailed analysis to determine that (echoing what you just said). I am sure no one on this board has the data or the ability to perform the analysis, so quit defaulting that Trump caused x, y, and z in regards to monetary policy.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-13-2020, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Then for the love of God QUIT SAYING THE PRESIDENTS TAX CUTS CREATED A DEFIECITE!! You don't know. That is my whole point. Not even the first order or looking at income and state budgets do not remotely support your claim. It may or may not be possible through detailed analysis to determine that (echoing what you just said). I am sure no one on this board has the data or the ability to perform the analysis, so quit defaulting that Trump caused x, y, and z in regards to monetary policy.
You're in luck because I'm not saying the tax cuts created the deficit. The tax cuts were coincident with an increase in deficit spending. Saying that the deficit was specific to the cuts because they were coincident is the same kind of argument you are making about revenues vs tax rates.

I'm saying that the increase in deficit is due to leadership. The inability of our leaders to address the spending vs revenue problem. Right now deficits are going up and the GOP is the leader. I mostly blame Trump for being an ignorant bobble head.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
You're in luck because I'm not saying the tax cuts created the deficit. The tax cuts were coincident with an increase in deficit spending. Saying that the deficit was specific to the cuts because they were coincident is the same kind of argument you are making about revenues vs tax rates.

I'm saying that the increase in deficit is due to leadership. The inability of our leaders to address the spending vs revenue problem. Right now deficits are going up and the GOP is the leader. I mostly blame Trump for being an ignorant bobble head.
Have it your way. Congress makes the budget. I saw the report on what Trump wanted. He asked for a 20% cut. It was kind of a big deal around here. Have it your way. bias is bias after all.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-13-2020, 8:31 AM Reply   
When I say leadership I mean Congress. I don't believe Trump is providing leadership.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 8:40 AM Reply   
Team Trump killing it in the press conference.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 8:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Assuaging fear. Being a source of strength and empathy of those he leads. Giving only the best factual information he possibly has, and not making stuff up. And certainly not picking fights or blaming. How we got here is a question for another day. I want to know the plan to get out.
Check! He just covered that base. Happy now? Did he earn your vote? Lol
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Dick.
Dude. You are out of control. You are so clearly full of hatred like most leftists. I would bet my Nautique that you are no fun to be around and not a good person. Probably divorced and bitter.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-13-2020, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Dude. You are out of control. You are so clearly full of hatred like most leftists. I would bet my Nautique that you are no fun to be around and not a good person. Probably divorced and bitter.
Maybe you missed it.
Delta said trump admin got the health ins companies to pay for testing and treatment for Covid-19.
Then he was corrected by Ralph.
All I did was post both of Deltas statements revealing his blatant lie.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier
Got insurance companies and medicare to wave any fees to get tested and treated.
Quote:
Funny. I believe I only said Testing. Thank you for confirming my statement.
Dick.
So whats your point? Delta lied, not me. How am I "out of control"?
I got hoops tonight but I still got a case and a half of Corona. Wrong again, never divorced. Im quite happy. When do I get the keys? I can pull it with my tractor.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Maybe you missed it.
Delta said trump admin got the health ins companies to pay for testing and treatment for Covid-19.
Then he was corrected by Ralph.
All I did was post both of Deltas statements revealing his blatant lie.



So whats your point? Delta lied, not me. How am I "out of control"?
I got hoops tonight but I still got a case and a half of Corona. Wrong again, never divorced. Im quite happy. When do I get the keys? I can pull it with my tractor.
Yep.. Everything is a lie to you. I type replies to all you a holes. It is perpetual 4 or 5 on one. Always has been. I am just not interested in replying to you or going back to fix such an un-important point. Calling someone a dick is pretty personal. Thus, you are out of control if you are so triggered by someone else, that you are willing to start using fighting words on the internet. Actually it is pretty cowardly to be honest.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-13-2020, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yep.. Everything is a lie to you. I type replies to all you a holes. It is perpetual 4 or 5 on one. Always has been. I am just not interested in replying to you or going back to fix such an un-important point. Calling someone a dick is pretty personal. Thus, you are out of control if you are so triggered by someone else, that you are willing to start using fighting words on the internet. Actually it is pretty cowardly to be honest.
Numbers are irrelevant. 30:1 and lying is still an immediate fail. Its the same lie Trump used in his address Wednesday. So no, "everything" isnt a lie. Lying is a personal problem of yours, not mine. In addition, adults have no "fighting words". Sticks and stones bro, words are just words. There is no dissing and fighting in the adult world, thats ghetto. I may have grown up there but I pulled up my big boy pants and got out.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Maybe you missed it.
Delta said trump admin got the health ins companies to pay for testing and treatment for Covid-19.
Then he was corrected by Ralph.
All I did was post both of Deltas statements revealing his blatant lie.



So whats your point? Delta lied, not me. How am I "out of control"?
I got hoops tonight but I still got a case and a half of Corona. Wrong again, never divorced. Im quite happy. When do I get the keys? I can pull it with my tractor.
Are you a tattle tail AND a jerk? “Delta lies blah blah blah waaaah!” It’s just clear you’re a bitter person and have trouble controlling your emotions. Most on the left are. You have plenty of company. Delta is not a liar. He was mistaken. You know that. I know you do. You’re just playing gotcha cause that’s all you’ve got. Btw, people like you that talk tough like you on here would be the first to get your as$ kicked by most people.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-13-2020, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Team Trump killing it in the press conference.
"No, I dont take responsibility at all". DJT 3/13/20
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-13-2020, 2:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
“Delta lies blah blah blah waaaah!”
To be clear when I said "That's a lie", I wasn't accusing Delta of lying, I am well aware that Trump made the statement and was lying, Delta believed him and repeated it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-13-2020, 5:28 PM Reply   
These Democrats really need to stop politicising this public health crisis
Attached Images
 
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-14-2020, 2:21 AM Reply   
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ts-warn-2020-2

some things drumpf should and shouldn’t do
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-14-2020, 3:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ts-warn-2020-2

some things drumpf should and shouldn’t do
Mix just enough truth with exaggerations of their own and you have that article. It reads more like a political hit piece. Therefore, I flush it like the WAPO. It’s just more panic mixed with another attempted beat down on Trump Daddy from your side.

It’s clear you do, but I don’t look to mein fuehrer to tell me how to avoid getting a flu virus. I’ll keep my freedom, thank you and be personally responsible as best as I can.

What’s really funny and sad in all of this is the blatantly obvious constant hit jobs done by the left. I don’t normally do this, but I’m gonna just say that pretty much everyone on the left is just a bunch of hacks. If it’s not one thing, it’s another. There’s always more in the tank to beat Trump up with. A bottomless well until he’s out of office. Well, I’m happy to tell you he’s still gonna be your master for another four years. Suck it up!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-14-2020, 3:26 AM Reply   
Man, even Fox News is full of panic. I guess it sells ad space.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-14-2020, 3:45 AM Reply   
COVID19 makes me think the Pentagon budget is too large. This is the first major threat to this country from an external force in a while and the planning, capacity, and money spent to fight it seems non-existent. I posited above about spending $3B to test 10M people. Apparently the nation's testing capacity is 10K per day. It would take 3 years to test 10M people.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-14-2020, 3:45 AM Reply   
Anyone need to read about why redistributing wealth is such a bad idea? And you thought Bernie’s ideas were bad. Reparations for slavery, anyone?



https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-white-farmers
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-14-2020, 5:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Check! He just covered that base. Happy now? Did he earn your vote? Lol


What Pence is doing right now is exactly what I’m talking about. He (Pence) is doing a fantastic job at today’s presser.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-14-2020, 5:01 AM Reply   
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...23u-story.html

This is what happens when a substantial part of the country relies entirely on faith instead of reason to make sense of the world. They have absolutely no science-based education. They simply don't know how to ask questions and interpret the answers. They've spent their lives relying on a loud, charismatic figure (preacher/reverend/pastor/priest) to define their world. Trump is just another example of that, and as with their faith leaders they trust his word completely.
That's why, when you try to have a rational conversation about the facts, they have 0 grasp of how to do that. Because they believe it, it is true. It is real. Nothing more. Liberals and conservatives are speaking entirely different languages.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-14-2020, 5:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Liberals and conservatives are speaking entirely different languages.
lol, there are just as many idiot liberals as there are idiot conservatives.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-14-2020, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
lol, there are just as many idiot liberals as there are idiot conservatives.
In physics we call that symmetry. You can move across parties and maintain conservation of stupidity.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-14-2020, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...23u-story.html

This is what happens when a substantial part of the country relies entirely on faith instead of reason to make sense of the world. They have absolutely no science-based education. They simply don't know how to ask questions and interpret the answers. They've spent their lives relying on a loud, charismatic figure (preacher/reverend/pastor/priest) to define their world. Trump is just another example of that, and as with their faith leaders they trust his word completely.
That's why, when you try to have a rational conversation about the facts, they have 0 grasp of how to do that. Because they believe it, it is true. It is real. Nothing more. Liberals and conservatives are speaking entirely different languages.

.....said Chicken Little.
Okay, how bout this reason: You are over 300 times more likely to die in a car crash than this virus. Are you gonna stop driving? There are all kinds of numbers to prove you are an idiot to keep panicking like you are.

Anecdotally, I spoke to two physicians today at a funeral near Seattle. Neither of them are panicking one bit. Both have degrees in science. Both have faith. Neither are running around with hair on fire like you.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-14-2020, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Okay, how bout this reason: You are over 300 times more likely to die in a car crash than this virus. Are you gonna stop driving? There are all kinds of numbers to prove you are an idiot to keep panicking like you are.
This virus is not fatal to most individuals but the systemic problems this will cause is what is freaking informed people out. The damaged caused to the economic and healthcare systems will be significant.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-14-2020, 3:59 PM Reply   
Exactly. Mark keeps panicking that people are panicking. No one here is panicking broski, chill out. In some ways I'd rather get it sooner than later - we're all going to eventually anyway - but informed and compassionate people are doing what they can to help slow spread and figure out what can be deduced re: where the hits will be to the economy and other parts of our lives. Oh and chuckling at the selfish knuckleheads like you that just keep repeating over and over about how likely you are to die in other ways - we get it, you only care about yourself - you don't have to keep emphasizing the point.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-14-2020, 7:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...23u-story.html

This is what happens when a substantial part of the country relies entirely on faith instead of reason to make sense of the world. They have absolutely no science-based education. They simply don't know how to ask questions and interpret the answers. They've spent their lives relying on a loud, charismatic figure (preacher/reverend/pastor/priest) to define their world. Trump is just another example of that, and as with their faith leaders they trust his word completely.
That's why, when you try to have a rational conversation about the facts, they have 0 grasp of how to do that. Because they believe it, it is true. It is real. Nothing more. Liberals and conservatives are speaking entirely different languages.
Holy cow. I didn’t read that link until now. That is NOT what faith is. Far from it. That is a snake oil salesman who is of Satan and preys on idiots. You find those crooks normally in Assemblies of God or Pentecostal churches like the ones I believe fly135 used to attend. No wonder fly has denounced Christianity, is screwed up and liberal. They preach a Jesus-light kind of message that is often emotion based like liberalism is. Some truth there, but mostly emotion based. If that is your only experience with any faith-based anything, you need to get out more and stop picking the low-hanging fruit.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-14-2020, 7:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Exactly. Mark keeps panicking that people are panicking. No one here is panicking broski, chill out. In some ways I'd rather get it sooner than later - we're all going to eventually anyway - but informed and compassionate people are doing what they can to help slow spread and figure out what can be deduced re: where the hits will be to the economy and other parts of our lives. Oh and chuckling at the selfish knuckleheads like you that just keep repeating over and over about how likely you are to die in other ways - we get it, you only care about yourself - you don't have to keep emphasizing the point.
You couldn’t be more wrong.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-14-2020, 8:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Holy cow. I didn’t read that link until now. That is NOT what faith is. Far from it. That is a snake oil salesman who is of Satan and preys on idiots. You find those crooks normally in Assemblies of God or Pentecostal churches like the ones I believe fly135 used to attend. No wonder fly has denounced Christianity, is screwed up and liberal. They preach a Jesus-light kind of message that is often emotion based like liberalism is. Some truth there, but mostly emotion based. If that is your only experience with any faith-based anything, you need to get out more and stop picking the low-hanging fruit.
Is faith by definition not based on logic?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-15-2020, 3:19 AM Reply   
Just for reference in the 2020 budget request the CDC is asked for $0.8B for protecting us from natural threats, which includes bio-terrorism, and the Pentagon is asking $700B for protecting us from.... Well you figure it out. Oh and we gave Israel $3.8B in foreign aid.

I suggest we re-evaluate our priorities next time we divvy up the pot.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-15-2020, 7:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Anecdotally, I spoke to two physicians today at a funeral near Seattle. Neither of them are panicking one bit. Both have degrees in science. Both have faith. Neither are running around with hair on fire like you.
Opinions will change based on how hot the fire is you are sitting on. Reminds me of watching M.A.S.H back in the day. The triage, Hawkeye, Trapper John, Major Burns...someone decides who dies and who doesnt. We are a couple weeks behind Italy. They are approaching triage there. Im not paniking, but i have an old mom and in laws and the like, my actual fear is for them. Im happy to pray with my mom, it comforts her. She is a healthy old lady so im optimistic.

There was a paywall so i copy/paste.

A coronavirus cautionary tale from Italy : Don’t do what we did
by Editorials, bostonglobe.com ROME – “As in any war, we have to choose who to treat and who not.”
That was a headline on March 9 in Il Corriere della Sera, a leading newspaper in Italy, that informed us that hospitals in Italy’s north, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in our country, were being stretched thin and the health care system was on the brink of collapse.
An anesthesiologist at a hospital in Bergamo, one of the cities with the most cases of Covid-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus, told the paper that the intensive care unit was already at capacity, and doctors were being forced to start making difficult triage decisions, admitting people who desperately need mechanical ventilation based on age, life expectancy, and other factors. Just like in wartime. The article was inexplicably placed on page 15, while the main headline on the newspaper’s front page relayed the political quarrels over the measures to curb the contagion.
The hospital in Bergamo was not the only hospital in the area dealing with a lack of capacity and rationing of care. The same day, I heard from a manager in the Lombardy health care system, among the most advanced and well-funded in Europe, that he saw anesthesiologists weeping in the hospital hallways because of the choices they are going to have to make.
In the days since, overwhelmed hospitals have set up tents as makeshift hospital wards, and cargo containers have been placed at the entrances of medical centers to sort out patients coming at an increasing pace. Some of the people who can’t get medical care are dying in their homes.
As more medical professionals started to describe similar situations on social media and in interviews, the Italian society of anesthesiologists published extraordinary new guidelines to help doctors facing ethical dilemmas, making clear that the “first come, first served” criterion that had been used among patients with the same illnesses and level of risk in ordinary times was not appropriate in dealing with the current emergency.
Until last week, the Italian public health care system had the capacity to care for everyone. Our country has universal health care, so patients aren’t turned away from hospitals here. But in a matter of days, the system was being felled by a virus that I, and many other Italians, had failed to take seriously.
The inability of the medical system to deal with the flow of patients in critical condition is not one of the problems of this complex medical emergency. It is the problem. I shouldn’t have been surprised. As a journalist, I had read, heard, and spoken to several experts explaining that the most immediate threat of Covid-19 was the hospital system becoming overwhelmed, and therefore the most pressing need was to avoid too many people getting sick at the same time, as resources are limited. (It’s what’s called “flattening the curve.”)
But that information was somehow stored in some remote interstice of my mind, covered by an incessant flow of bits and charts on the mortality rate of the elderly, political mismanagement, quarrels over under-testing and over-testing, market collapses, projections on the economic impact of the epidemic, and so on. All of this is, of course, extremely relevant — but at the same time feels totally irrelevant when lives are being lost in a situation that was preventable. As of Friday night, 1,266 people have died in Italy due to the outbreak.
So here’s my warning for the United States: It didn’t have to come to this.
We of course couldn’t stop the emergence of a previously unknown and deadly virus. But we could have mitigated the situation we are now in, in which people who could have been saved are dying. I, and too many others, could have taken a simple yet morally loaded action: We could have stayed home.
What has happened in Italy shows that less-than-urgent appeals to the public by the government to slightly change habits regarding social interactions aren’t enough when the terrible outcomes they are designed to prevent are not yet apparent; when they become evident, it’s generally too late to act. I and many other Italians just didn’t see the need to change our routines for a threat we could not see.
Italy has now been in lockdown since March 9; it took weeks after the virus first appeared here to realize that severe measures were absolutely necessary.
According to several data scientists, Italy is about 10 days ahead of Spain, Germany, and France in the epidemic progression, and 13 to 16 days ahead of the United Kingdom and the United States. That means those countries have the opportunity to take measures that today may look excessive and disproportionate, yet from the future, where I am now, are perfectly rational in order to avoid a health care system collapse. The United States has some 45,000 ICU beds, and even in a moderate outbreak scenario, some 200,000 Americans will need intensive care.
Before the outbreak hit my country, I thought I was acting rationally because I screened and processed a lot of information about the epidemic. But my being well-informed didn’t make me any more rational. I lacked what you might call “moral knowledge” of the problem. I knew about the virus, but the issue was not affecting me in a significant, personal way. It took the terrible ethical dilemma that doctors face in Lombardy to wake me up.
I put myself in their shoes, and realized that everything should be done in order to avoid those ethically devastating choices: How do we decide who gets an ICU bed and who doesn’t? Age? Life expectancy? How many kids they have? Their special abilities? Is the patient’s profession a relevant factor? Is it right to save a middle-aged doctor who will save more lives if he survives as opposed to a younger person who’s been unemployed for the last 12 months? These are the kind of theoretical questions you are asked to weigh in leadership classes at business school. But this is not a personality test. It’s real lives.
The way to avoid or mitigate all this in the United States and elsewhere is to do something similar to what Italy, Denmark, and Finland are doing now, but without wasting the few, messy weeks in which we thought a few local lockdowns, canceling public gatherings, and warmly encouraging working from home would be enough stop the spread of the virus. We now know that wasn’t nearly enough.
On Wednesday, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced the latest step in a process that has progressively turned Italy into a fully quarantined country. Shops are mandated to be closed at all times, with the exception of pharmacies, food stores, and newsstands, as the government wisely considers information a primary need. All non-essential jobs have been temporarily stopped. People who still go to the office are requested to prove the absolute necessity to do so by signing a certificate that must be submitted and vetted by the police. Transgressors face up to three months in jail and a fine. Going out for physical activity is permitted, provided it’s short and solitary. Schools and universities — which have been shut down since March 4 — will be closed at least until April 3, but the date will likely be extended.
Life in lockdown is hard, but it is also an exercise in humility. Our collective well-being makes our little individual wishes look a bit whimsical and small-minded. My wife and I work from home, or at least we try to. We help the kids with their homework, following the instructions their teachers send every morning via voice messages and video, in a moving attempt to keep alive their relationships with their students.
So far, my two young sons are less bored than we’d thought they’d be, and are coping well. And thank God for our small shared rooftop where they can run for a little while in the afternoon, at least until the woman on the 5th floor complains about the noise during her nap time. Either I or my wife goes out once a day to take a short walk and get some food when we need it. Despite cops being stationed on the street to dissuade everyone from leaving their homes, we both think there are still too many people out and about. We read. We pray. We play soccer in the hallway. It’s a time of reflection and silence, a moment in which some big questions emerge — like why, exactly, we decided not to have a TV.
Strangely, it’s also a moment in which our usual individualistic, self-centered outlook is waning a bit. In the end, each of us is giving up our individual freedom in order to protect everybody, especially the sick and the elderly. When everybody’s health is at stake, true freedom is to follow instructions.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-15-2020, 11:13 AM Reply   
Good time to buy a boat I guess. /s
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-15-2020, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Anecdotally, I spoke to two physicians today at a funeral near Seattle. Neither of them are panicking one bit. Both have degrees in science. Both have faith. Neither are running around with hair on fire like you.
Wait till it hits their local homeless population.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2020, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Wait till it hits their local homeless population.
How does that work, if a homeless person needs to be put on a ventilator do they get that if they don't have any insurance?
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-15-2020, 1:37 PM Reply   
It does not bode well.
Because of surge conditions in Italy, if you are over, I think 65 they said, or young with comorbs (diabetes, lung dz, cancer) you draw the short straw.
In Italy.
Buckle up.

You know how all the shelves are out of TP. Imagine being out of ventilators.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-15-2020, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Wait till it hits their local homeless population.
Sorry. I should’ve been more specific. My bad. What I should have said is that they weren’t worried about themselves getting it. They both said no one under 80 should be worried about dying from it.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-15-2020, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
How does that work, if a homeless person needs to be put on a ventilator do they get that if they don't have any insurance?
If a hospital takes medicare they have to do everything they can to stabilize you regardless of ability to pay. So they would put you on the ventilator. What happens when the hospital is full and then has to decide between paying (has HI) vs non paying (no HI)? Your guess is as good as mine.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-15-2020, 5:15 PM Reply   
Just heard a funny one: "It's not a Pan-demic, it's a Dem-panic." LOL
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-15-2020, 10:56 PM Reply   
You an in sufferable azzhole for continuing to politicize this.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-16-2020, 3:28 AM Reply   
I’m ignoring you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-16-2020, 3:29 AM Reply   
Haha
Attached Images
 
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-16-2020, 6:44 AM Reply   
It’s clear that Drumpf believes in magical thinking and that he will be able to will the virus into submission, while actual science-base fact is inconvenient at best and liberal conspiracy at worst. Not too surprising for someone born on 3rd base thinking they hit a triple.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-16-2020, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
It’s clear that Drumpf believes in magical thinking and that he will be able to will the virus into submission, while actual science-base fact is inconvenient at best and liberal conspiracy at worst. Not too surprising for someone born on 3rd base thinking they hit a triple.
Trump's a moron for sure. But let's be clear, the entire govt is grossly incompetent when it comes to protecting us from cyclic biological threats. $700B a year to protect us from scant few external enemies hitting our shorelines and only $0.8B a year to protect us from predicable biological threats.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-16-2020, 7:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Trump's a moron for sure. But let's be clear, the entire govt is grossly incompetent when it comes to protecting us from cyclic biological threats. $700B a year to protect us from scant few external enemies hitting our shorelines and only $0.8B a year to protect us from predicable biological threats.
Hell of a point. Ive never seen a terrorist. This threat is in my office.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-16-2020, 8:23 AM Reply   
The stock market has now completely erased the entire Trump presidency.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2020, 8:47 AM Reply   
LOL, did you see that Trump tried to buy the exclusive rights from a German Vaccination company for $1B. He is like one of those chaves hording toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-16-2020, 12:29 PM Reply   
Trumptards: Joe Biden is in cognitive decline
Also Trumptards: We love our brain daddy

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2020, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Trumptards: Joe Biden is in cognitive decline
Also Trumptards: We love our brain daddy
Rather than more partisan BS why not just admit that Biden is a disaster and should be put out to pasture. And of course Trump is completely unfit for the job, his mismanagement of Corona virus is just another illustration of it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-16-2020, 12:55 PM Reply   
Oh it's not partisan - I said Trumptards, not republicans. There is still a difference, even now.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-16-2020, 4:49 PM Reply   
The things Trump has and hasn't done right

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...Ti5EEaPKGpKpAI
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-16-2020, 7:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
The things Trump has and hasn't done right

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...Ti5EEaPKGpKpAI
One could only imagine just how much worse off we’d all be had HRC been Prez in this temporarily tough time. It woulda been a poop sammich kinda thing. Probably woulda made for a nice distraction so Der Slickster coulda gotten some side-action happening. Maybe an intern alumni reunion or something like that..... He might’ve even broken out the saxophone for the ladies.....
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-17-2020, 2:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
One could only imagine just how much worse off we’d all be had HRC been Prez in this temporarily tough time. It woulda been a poop sammich kinda thing. Probably woulda made for a nice distraction so Der Slickster coulda gotten some side-action happening. Maybe an intern alumni reunion or something like that..... He might’ve even broken out the saxophone for the ladies.....
Anyways...back to reality.

If we had had strong leadership from this beginning, things would have been much better right now. This is plain to see. The emperor has no clothes (and its abhorrently disgusting).
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-17-2020, 4:02 AM Reply   
Mark, you're living in a strange fantasy world (and the headspace the Clintons get in your deranged cranium is hilarious)

That being said, credit where credit is due - this morning's press conf is the best this administration has ever given (not that that's saying a whole lot of course since they haven't held the dailies for nearly 2 years, but hey improvement is improvement). Let's hope it keeps up for the sake of those who are vulnerable to this virus.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2020, 4:22 AM Reply   
The same people in this country who were saying that we were over reacting, making a big deal out of nothing, Im gonna go out and do what I want....are the same guys buying out all the ammo now so they can shoot someone over their TP score.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-17-2020, 10:14 AM Reply   
lol dipchit just keeps lying
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/u...gtype=Homepage

For weeks, President Trump has minimized the coronavirus, mocked concern about it and treated the risk cavalierly. On Tuesday he took to the White House podium and made a remarkable pronouncement: He knew it was a pandemic all along.

“I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters.

Here is what Mr. Trump actually said from the beginning of the pandemic.

Jan. 22, asked on CNBC whether he was concerned about a global pandemic: “No, not at all,’’ Mr. Trump said. “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

Feb. 26, at a White House news conference, about the number of reported cases of the virus: “We’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.”

Feb. 27, at a White House meeting: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

March 7, seated next to President Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil at Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach, Fla., club: “I’m not concerned at all.” (At least three members of the Brazilian delegation and one Trump donor at Mar-a-Lago on March 7 later tested positive for the virus.)

March 16, in the White House briefing room, warning that the outbreak would last until summer and then suddenly disappear: “So it could be right in that period of time where it, I say, wash — it washes through. Other people don’t like that term. But where it washes through.”
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-17-2020, 11:10 AM Reply   
More evidence of lies and shirking of responsibility. As if its needed.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9405191.html
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2020, 12:40 PM Reply   
Who is politicizing it? Hmm?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2020, 12:44 PM Reply   
Be careful, Wes and 95. Mr millennial, flat bill, tattoo neck, all talk and no ride will be calling you names just as soon as he logs on here when he hears your politicizing.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2020, 12:46 PM Reply   
Oh and... wait for it..... Trump is still your president. Don’t you just love Der fuehrer? Repeat after me: Heil Trump!
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:34 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us