Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-17-2011, 2:14 PM Reply   
Does anybody know where to find a deal on an Illusion X tower for a 2004 Malibu 23 LSV Wakesetter. Last year my buddies tower cracked at the top corner all of the way through. Any help would be appreciated!
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-17-2011, 3:10 PM Reply   
Why not repair it? Being that tower has been out of production for awhile and metcraft is owned by someone else I think that it may be your only option. I've repaired mine and added gussets to help handle the extra weight of my tower speakers.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-17-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
Gunnar I sent you a message
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-17-2011, 6:56 PM Reply   
I've seen one in the Austin Craigslist in the boat section...
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-18-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
Not sure about a deal, but I ordered an original illusion X for a customer and it came from XTP. From talking to XTP they have the molds, but can only build the towers at the request of Malibu. This was a while back so things may have changed since then.
DYI is for sure the cheapest option by far.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-18-2011, 1:11 PM Reply   
BTW do not buy any towers that are used and were just recently powder coated. This is something I have seen dealers do with towers that were replaced on warranty. They refinish them to hide the cracks and get top dollar. Almost got con'd by a dealer in Canada until I asked for pics and noticed that the tower had some grinding marks right where they are known to crack. I called him out on it and the truth finally came out. Tower was listed as new for $1500 I knew it was too good to be true. He said it was a warranty replacement but the customer decided to switch out to the XS tower instead.

Be careful on the deals, they may bite you in the rear.