Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-14-2014, 7:56 AM Reply   
Ok I am struggling to put together a list of things that I want this year and I was thinking that we need to have a thread with great gift ideas for wakeboarders. What are things that you would want in all different price ranges.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       11-14-2014, 8:08 AM Reply   
Board shorts. Flip flops. Sun glasses. Nice towel.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-14-2014, 8:10 AM Reply   
Babes &/or Boat Bling products.
Micro Fiber Towels
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       11-14-2014, 9:13 AM Reply   
Hurley makes some of the best flip flops I've ever had. They are better than my Tevas, quicksilver, reef, Nike, chacos... It's crazy to see flip flops that retail for over fifty dollars, but if you can get them on sale, they're awesome. I have 3 pairs.

We do spend our summer in flip flops after all.
Old    MJHSupra            11-14-2014, 3:52 PM Reply   
Trayson - Hurley Phantom? If so, a buddy had those on the boat this summer. +1
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-14-2014, 4:03 PM Reply   
I'm asking Santa for rev 10s 😊
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       11-14-2014, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
Trayson - Hurley Phantom? If so, a buddy had those on the boat this summer. +1
Yep, they retail for almost sixty, but I've now seen quite a few places with them on sale for around $35. they are totally worth it.

Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-14-2014, 5:35 PM Reply   
This! On my list, for getting in and out of wetsuit on a crowded boat and not flashing a cold, shrunken tool on accident. Commando the only way to go under the wetsuit.
Attached Images

Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-15-2014, 8:07 AM Reply   
^Just added! I didn't even know that they made such a thing.
Old     (AZShreds)      Join Date: Aug 2014       11-22-2014, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark197 View Post
Ok I am struggling to put together a list of things that I want this year and I was thinking that we need to have a thread with great gift ideas for wakeboarders. What are things that you would want in all different price ranges.
Tower Flag Holders! These are amazing

http://www.actionrideco.com/product/...e-flag-holder/
Attached Images

Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       11-22-2014, 2:52 PM Reply   
The O'neil Monsoon changing towels are a must for winter/wetsuit riding. They are cheap too at only $50. I have about 6-7 of them in stock and ready to ship right now for anyone interested.

http://calmarinesports.com/gear/wets...ing-towel.html

Other items that are great and wont break the bank include upgraded fins for wakesurfers. The majority of the hand shaped/custom boards all run futures fins boxes and fins are anywhere from $45-$100 for upgraded sets.

O'neill Wetsuit socks or wakesurf socks are another great purchase. The 3mm heat socks are perfect for wakeskating and wakeboarding to keep your feet nice and warm. And the 3mm Gooru tech surf booties are great for any wakesurfing or even ocean surfing you might do in the cold. Once you lose feeling in you feet you lose board feel/control. Longer you can feel your feet and the board the longer you can ride comfortably.

3mm heat socks - $29.95

3mm Gooru tech surf booties - $64.95

If you are looking for more boat orientated stuff then Babes, Boat Bling, 303 and micro fibers are great ideas. Same with Bearing Buddies for the trailer. You can always talk to a local detailer and maybe get a gift certificate for a full detail inside and out.

New guide pole pads can be a nice gift too depending how beat up they are or if you find some brand specific ones to match the boat. Dome or 3D registration numbers for the boat.

We use to get out buddy who owned the boat his yearly launch pass as well.
Old     (LIFEFORM_LED)      Join Date: Oct 2013       11-25-2014, 8:58 AM Reply   
Underwater LED boat lights have to be the coolest gift this year and are hands down the most impactful upgrade you can make to your boat. That way you can surf at night with the new board Santa is gonna bring you. Check them out here Lifeform LED

Use the coupon code "BLACKFRIDAY30" to get 30% OFF all Lifeform LED lights

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server36...80.247.png?c=2

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server36...80.247.png?c=2
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       11-25-2014, 9:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
We use to get out buddy who owned the boat his yearly launch pass as well.
Damn! That's a sweet idea. I need more friends like you!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-25-2014, 10:33 AM Reply   
That O'neil towel looks awesome. Boat owners can be hard to buy for, but that's perfect. I already sent it to my wife as the only item on my wish list.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-25-2014, 11:23 AM Reply   
CIRE Boardshorts, Boat Bling, rope, handle, annual launch pass. My Christmas is done!
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-25-2014, 5:20 PM Reply   
I have the O'neil Towel. I love it. I change into dry clothes before leaving the river with it so i don't have to drive home sitting on a towel or in wet board shorts. Also good for the wetsuit.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-26-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZShreds View Post
Tower Flag Holders! These are amazing

http://www.actionrideco.com/product/...e-flag-holder/
Totally agreed! It might not seem like something necessary but we use ours all the time. It may not be "necessary" but it is a great convenience easily worth the price!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-26-2014, 10:38 AM Reply   
wake vids to hold you over till spring.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-01-2014, 11:35 AM Reply   
We keep one of these on the boat and they are great.
Towel, Blanket and Change room all in one. I saw it on Dragons Den (Canadian Shark Tank) and ordered one before the episode was over lol.

http://www.chawel.com/
Old     (Benji91)      Join Date: Nov 2014       12-03-2014, 11:15 AM Reply   
Anyone looking for a new board should check out the reviews on this site.

www.boarder-control.co.uk

Pretty helpful and its impartial, doesn't have any of the manufacturer reviews it's all from other wakeboarders.
Old     (brooke_m)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2016, 6:07 PM Reply   
This is a great list but I'm wondering if you guys have came up with any other must haves? I'm thinking anything to "add" to the boat because the hubby is always playing and upgrading his Supra and he's hard to surprise! (Buffing, waxing, ballast, lights, etc!) Has anyone found a cool place that makes cool ID numbers?
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2016, 6:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke_m View Post
This is a great list but I'm wondering if you guys have came up with any other must haves? I'm thinking anything to "add" to the boat because the hubby is always playing and upgrading his Supra and he's hard to surprise! (Buffing, waxing, ballast, lights, etc!) Has anyone found a cool place that makes cool ID numbers?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_...qid=1459129631
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       03-27-2016, 7:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
http://shop.domednumbers.com
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-27-2016, 8:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Domed Numbers for sure. Check out their logo cell phone cases as well. Super high quality and look great.

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-27-2016 at 8:43 PM.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-29-2016, 9:00 AM Reply   
I run a Comptech trick release on my tower and absolutely love it. It works exactly as advertised and it's a hell of a lot less expensive than replacing somebody's arm. Adjusting it is simple and it's a great piece of mind. One "benefit" that I never thought of and only realized once it was on there is that my ropes don't get spun up. The way the rope attaches, it allows the entire rope to spin while it's being dragged after a rider falls. No more un-spinning the ropes.

In retrospect, it was a pretty easy $650 to spend. I know a lot of folks can't see the value in something for the boat that isn't louder or shinier but now that I have one, it's a no-brainer.

http://www.skyski.com/product-p/65-0800.htm
Old     (wkndsurfer05)      Join Date: Jun 2015       03-29-2016, 3:25 PM Reply   
Roswell Rope Hooks. Keeps your rope(s) in a neat bundle and out of compartments. Or install them on either side of your tow point and wrap your excess rope around them. Cleans up your line of sight and you won't be tripping over excess rope in your boat.
https://roswellmarine.com/ropehooksfeature.php