Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jpreston)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-28-2014, 10:24 AM Reply   
OK so I am looking for a good used boat and was wondering how the 2000 - 2005 Super Air Nautuiqe's surfed. I have been riding for years behind Mastercraft and Malibu but was wondering how the surf wake was on a SAN with the left hand prop rotation. Any feedback would be a big help.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       03-28-2014, 12:46 PM Reply   
I love mine, it's a 99 and when loaded has a very clean wave. I've heard a few people say it's short, but honestly I've gotten mine pretty long so my experiences have been different. I run 750lb in the surf side locker, 400 on the seat in front of that, some lead, and give or take 3-400lbs in the center locker. Speed around 11mph but I run paddle wheel not GPS so that could be off a hair.
Old     (jpreston)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-28-2014, 5:08 PM Reply   
No issues switching for side to side?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       03-29-2014, 11:23 AM Reply   
No sure what you're referring to as far as side to side. We primarily surf the port side, but when switching I just drain one side, fill the other, and roll the 400lb sac to the other side of the boat (with the help of a buddy lol). That's all it takes. I have a few hundred pounds of lead so I just move it a bit on the fly until we get the results we want.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-29-2014, 11:10 PM Reply   
Not a bad boat for surfing. Did allot with even standard ballast and a few friends. Both sides pretty good. Ride around 10.3.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-30-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
FYI 2000-2005 has right hand rotation. Not left hand. I like my 05's surf wake. It's pretty steep. Lots of push.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2014, 9:40 AM Reply   
Its maybe one of the tallest and pushiest (word?) wakes ive ever ridden but it is pretty short. maybe 60% in length of my axis wake. It may be taller tho.