Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Tammy)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-12-2014, 9:14 AM Reply   
Hello,

A friend said that this was a great forum for folks who want to learn to wake sure to come to and it look like a great place to learn more that's for sure.

I was wondering are there any wake surf demos/clinics for newbies (I've never done it but want to learn) coming up in Northern CA area (near Sacramento or thereabouts)?

Thanks
Tammy
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       04-12-2014, 11:32 AM Reply   
Hey Tammy you should hop on some of the wakeboard manufacturer pages and look at up coming events. You're in a great area for that stuff with the delta and other lakes in your back yard. This summer should be full of clinics and demo's so it won't be long until you start seeing some events pop up. I'm not exactly sure on time or location but last year I believe Hyperilte got with Nautique and did some clinics around your area. Check the hyperlite website for any upcoming events.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-12-2014, 4:27 PM Reply   
Marco Thompson teaches people on the regular. He has taught like 500+ people from what his Facebook page says but I think he is down south near San Diego.
Look him up on FB.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-12-2014, 5:10 PM Reply   
Tammy we are having Surfing Sundays at Crawdads on the River in Sacramento where you can sign up to learn how to wakesurf! more info can be found on http://surfinsundays.com/.

If you need lessons my buddie brodie has a wakeboard school named launch as well! Goodluck with your adventure!
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-12-2014, 8:23 PM Reply   
Tammy the West Coast (Wakesurf) Open will be may 28th-June 1st up in Camp Far West Lake. Wheatland, CA.
They run clinics before the main event. You can learn and get detailed instruction from various Pros and experts.
The basic fundamentals of wakesurfing are pretty simple and straight forward. The biggest advantage of experienced instructors or enthusiasts is they know how to set the boat up and drive it properly allowing you to progress through the basics more effectively.

Get more information about the West Coast Open here.

As Jake said, Marco down in SD is great and the surfinsundays sounds like a great event.

Cheers, Nick
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-13-2014, 8:22 AM Reply   
Tammy you should definitely come to Camp Far West for the West Coast Open. I will be there Thursday - Saturday. I won't have my boat since it's too far to tow from Idaho. I love to talk wakesurfing and you will meet some great people and see some awesome riding. If you bring some boat gas money we can get some rides on the boats that are there and get you started wakesurfing!!!
Old     (Tammy)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-14-2014, 8:19 PM Reply   
Wow thank you everyone for such great info on up-coming events (West Coast Wake Surf, Surfin Sundays, etc.) and tips too. I'm so jazzed to learn. You all rock!
Old     (YOLOBRO)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-14-2014, 8:22 PM Reply   
See Tammy ,I told you so

Ritchie
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-15-2014, 1:32 PM Reply   
Tammy,
The Bay Area is home to some of the top pro wakesurfers. Chase Hazen, Chris Wolter, Bri Chmel, and Vanessa Vincent all do lessons.
Email me at mitch@calmarinesports.com and I can get you in touch with one of them.
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-18-2014, 9:12 AM Reply   
Tammy, I hope this helps....these are for total beginners to experienced riders who want some refining on their technique...

Talk to Sue, she has a heart that bleeds wake surfing and lives to share her passion..
Mitch has a ton of knowledge on the sport and can steer ya in the right direction

Clinics for the Endless Wave Tour are open. Instructors at the West Coats Open Event are...

Chase Hazen
Dominic Lagace
Chris Kinsey
Sean Cummings

Sign ups are open....the boats for the clinics are the same Z3's that will pull the comp
http://endlesswavetour.com
Attached Images

Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-27-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob17 View Post
Talk to Sue, she has a heart that bleeds wake surfing and lives to share her passion.
Thanks Rob Can't wait to see you and Janelle at the WCO. We have to get together for a surf session this year. We will be there on the 29th.
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-29-2014, 6:41 PM Reply   
Sounds good Sue. We will save ya some gas... Or are ya bringing that sexy surf machine of your own?
You should enter the woman's masters... Fun group and ya know them all...