Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-13-2014, 8:42 AM Reply   
I am sure this has been discussed here before , the 5 blade Prop was all over the place for a while any of you guys running them, and any one running one on a Supra 22SSV ? What is the benefit you have seen if any.. Sun is out time to prep for the season so that's why I am asking I am doing a few upgrades and the 5 blade has been a idea ..I do run just under 5k in ballast .. Thanks guys .....
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-13-2014, 9:09 AM Reply   
Brian,
The 5 blade is not the prop for you based your location and the fact that you run with that much ballast. I have compiled a small Supra Prop Guide. I think you would be stoked on the Acme 1617. Depending on which motor you have it should deliver great low end power even at elevation while loaded with 4k to 5k lbs. of ballast.

Summer is almost here!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-13-2014, 10:13 AM Reply   
we tried two of them. In both cases we were told that we would see a drastic improvement. Our experience was quite the opposite.
Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-13-2014, 10:59 AM Reply   
Thanks Spencer I will look into that.. C.I.E. Thanks a bummer hope you didn't have to pay for them, where them a demo to try or ?? I have a OJ 14.25X14 on it now with the 350hp motor ..

Last edited by turbojedi; 03-13-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-13-2014, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojedi View Post
Thanks Spencer I will look into that.. C.I.E. Thanks a bummer hope you didn't have to pay for them, where them a demo to try or ?? I have a OJ 14.25X14 on it now with the 350hp motor ..
That OJ 466 prop is awesome and for most SkiersChoice owners it will be the end all for low end power. In your case I think you would be happy with something on the more aggressive side.

If you already have a 14.25" diameter prop on the boat check your trailer clearance and see if you can accommodate a 14.5" diameter prop. If so I would take a look at the Acme 2079. It's a 14.5" x 12" monster. When i worked at Active Water Sports we had issues with trailer clearance on the Supra boats thus my first recommendation to check out the 14" prop.

As Jim from Acme says... Diameter is king.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-13-2014, 11:25 AM Reply   
Brian

I want to hear about your setup with 5k. Where are you putting that weight?
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-13-2014, 3:38 PM Reply   
Just a guess but more blades = more surface area = less slip. I'd be curious to know overall surface area of comparable 3 vs 4 vs 5 blade and what percent slip with each. More blades is also more drag and friction so lower top speed. Probably most useful with high HP and torque big blocks in large heavily weighted boats which would typically have more prop slip and could benefit from more surface area.
Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-13-2014, 8:10 PM Reply   
Mark. I have a 750 in each rear locker, the stock 1100 in front with a integrated bow sack 650 toss a 450 on the floor and 1100 in lead weight throw out the boat
100 under each corner of the rear seat,
100 under seat behind drivers seat
200 under passenger seating area
100 under the drivers feet ( makes a good little foot rest
and the other 300 throw out the bow
So to be honest its a true 4800
If we get more than 3 people we not fill the 450 that sits on the floor
Love the room in a Supra easy to hide the weight

Thanks Spencer I will look into that... Cory top speed isn't a worry we don't go far often I would like a lil more pull off the bottom end, it pulls great now but was wondering if there was a better set up...