Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (centexshred)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-23-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
Im looking to start shooting some vids, what's the best beginner camera/editing software?
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-23-2010, 10:56 PM Reply   
Anything!
when you're starting a little handheld and moviemaker is all you need!
Its not necessarily about the quality as much as getting something out there!
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-24-2010, 6:13 AM Reply   
I got a Flip HD for Christmas and just got a waterproof case for it. Its nothing really special, but its fun and really easy to use. This is my first video I have made with it from this past weekend.
All the editing was done on Flips software.

Old     (TelepromptedAnthems)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-24-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
Yeah, it's hilarious to me when I hear about a guy in your situation goes out and drops a ton of money on things like cameras and software and computers. If you're just starting out, just go to Wal- Mart and buy a cheap Canon or a Sony (even the cheap ones are pretty nice compared to just a few years ago and a lot of pretty inexpensive ones shoot HD). And depending on your computer, there are tons of inexpensive options for simple editing. It won't be the same as shooting with a Panasonic HVX and editing with Final Cut Pro or Avid on a tricked out Mac Pro, but if you're just starting out, you won't even know the difference anyway.

It's better to start small and upgrade as you go. Because you never know, you might find that you don't have as much time to shoot and edit as you thought you would or you might just not like it as much as you thought you would.
Old     (TelepromptedAnthems)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-24-2010, 6:24 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, and if you're a student, you should milk that for all it's worth. I can't stress that enough; being a student makes learning stuff like this so much easier. See if you can take a class that would allow you access to the school's equipment for you to learn on. And a lot of manufactuers like Apple and Adobe offer student discounts on software. It's not a giant discount by any means, but every little bit helps, right?