Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-16-2003, 8:16 AM Reply   
I was wondering if any of you know what the changes on the 04' SAN will be? I konw they are goign to start building them in July and i was wondering what will be the difference between them and the 03's. Thanks.
Old    masonlakerider            04-16-2003, 1:28 PM Reply   
Don't We All
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-16-2003, 2:56 PM Reply   
They won't tell anyone until september what will be new, otherwise they won't sell any 03's.
Old     (nautique_driver)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-16-2003, 5:13 PM Reply   
I dont think that is the case Bruce.
There will be very little change. Minors things but nothing to make you want to wait until '04's come out unless of course the minor item changes are worth waiting for to YOU.
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-16-2003, 6:17 PM Reply   
I talked with the guys at Pacific Nautique today, told me he couldn't get any boats till end of August, beginning of September, said it would probably be an 04 by then. Also said from what he has "heard" there won't be any big changes to the 04's
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-16-2003, 8:32 PM Reply   
Yesterday I talked with Phil Smith at Buxton Marine, the #2 CC dealer in the USA and asked him that exact question. He said the all the dealers will be told at the same time in September what the new changes will be. Otherewise they would have a hard time selling this years model.

}Big changes or not, that is what he told me.
Old    eharaga            04-18-2003, 10:45 PM Reply   
I will tell you this first hand...They will tell you that, but you can get it out of them and they will know by mid July.....I bought a brand new 03...and had one of the first ones in CA....I found out MOST of the mods by July, and had my boat by AUG. It is true that they all go to FL right before they are released to go over everything in person, but they get memos and such way ahead of that....I doubt if they will know anything right now, but come end of June...I would start pressing...Just say something like...Well the guys over at Malibu have told me some of their changes, and I have to put a deposit down on a boat to get in PRE Production...theyll bend a little after that.....

Thats my experience at least....good luck..

eric
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-19-2003, 8:40 AM Reply   
When I was getting ready to purchase my boat last season, my dealer had almost all the info available to him early/mid July. This included pictures, specs, available options, etc.
Old    gotpwr            04-19-2003, 11:31 AM Reply   
I was at a wakeboarding clinic with Shaun Murray in June of '99 and the owner of the Nautique dealer showed me a picture of an '00 model with the new graphics and dash. I think most dealers know what the next model year will look like by June. At that time it was taking 6 months to get a boat, so maybe now dealers aren't as willing to show people the new model as early, for fear of getting stuck with current year model boats.
Old    isaac_d_funk            04-19-2003, 1:01 PM Reply   
I know they are going to change the name back to super air,instead of 210!!!