Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-14-2012, 6:42 AM Reply   
I bought this pit bike on craigslist for $800. It's a Vinco. I did a little research and discovered they were a custom made bike that sold for $6-7k new. It's huge for a pit bike, about the size of an 85 mx'er. It fits my girlfriend perfectly. I'm going to motard it and hopefully street legal it so she can come ride with me. Anyone here ever street legal a pit bike? I feel it's going to be a challenge.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-15-2012, 6:44 AM Reply   
Never heard of them, but if they were really trying to sell them for 6-7k, it's no wonder they're out of business. I paid less than that for a new leftover 09 crf450 in 2010. If Blake Hughes doesn't chime in here, message him, he's way into pit bikes.
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-17-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
Those bikes are NICE, you def. got a steal at $800. That should have actual Showa forks on it too. What motor is in it? Check out the planetminis forums for more info on a street legal kit. I know Baja designs makes one that works with a Honda motor, but it's kinda ugly.
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-18-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
Orion pit bike sales used to sell a street legal mini enduro bike. You might contact them for any questions
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-18-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
I think I'm going to go with the Pitster motard mag wheels...they're pretty cool looking.

Brandon, the motor is a GPX 125cc, bored to a 146cc. It has a ton of quality and custom parts. I've been taking it in the trails behind my house. They're mountain bike trails so they're real tight. I've taken my KTM 690 back there and the trails are too tight for it to be any fun, but with this little bike I can rip through the trails. It's a lot of fun.

And it didn't have a problem making it through this pond. You can see my buddy way back there trying to figure out how to make it through on his CRF50
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-18-2012, 6:51 PM Reply   
You obviously aren't in AZ (green grass) but here its really easy to make a crf50 street legal. You just need running/tail/brake/license plate lights and a horn.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-19-2012, 5:13 PM Reply   
Sounds like you scored yourself a pretty good deal! I don't know squat about the Vinco's (except that they're pretty rare), but their reputation is really good throughout the pit-bike community. I saw your thread on planetminis... That's your best bet for information you're looking for.