Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-01-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Tino...

Upload
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
sure it has got to be legit.
how do you know it is tino anyway?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-01-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
i'm guessing cause randy's at the fort worth stop to watch his kid ride and this pic was taken at the stop.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-01-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
Randy was that a flex board, the base looks pretty featureless??
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-01-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
same question as tom
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-01-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
Tom & Alex http://www.alliancewake.com/goods_details.php?id=3776
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-01-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
Tom, Alex, didn't look at it up close, i will try and get some up-close shots of the board next weekend at the Twin Cities stop.
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-01-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
I just got back from the Ft. Worth stop and got to check out the board close up. It is definitely a flex board and looks to have construction that is very similar to Slingshot. Tino was actually riding Slingshot bindings on it.
The interesting thing to me was (and I wish I had taken a picture), but the board said:

Board: "CWPRTWTSN"

and then said

Rider: (or Tester or something): --this area was marked out in black marker--

When I looked closer it looked like it might be Shawn Watson's name that was marked out. Which would make since with CWPRTWTSN OR Company Wake PRoTotype WaTSoN.

I did not get a chance to talk to Tino about it, but I wish I had. Im curious to see whats up with Co. Wake!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
ohh no,
more mention of watson being (or having been[seems i remember someone saying he recently renewed his contract with LF on a different Co. wake thread]) involved with company wake
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
i guess company wake is saving the bindings for last, assuming they are working on bindings too. Kinda kool that they are using slingshot in the mean time.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
lf probally put the screws to him or made him a offer he couldnt refuse when they got word back from that thread
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-02-2008, 4:25 AM Reply   
actually if you follow that alliance link and look closely the part that was mentioned by praisinplaya IS NOT blacked out in the picture over at alliance. Looks like Shawn Watson to me but pretty tough to read. hmmmmmm.....
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-02-2008, 6:49 AM Reply   
It would be hard for me to believe watson would be on company with all of the support he gets from LF. Tino was getting the short end of the stick big time. The kid was super loyal to LF and he didn't get a pro model even after winning King of Wake. Then they give Henshaw a pro model when he didn't have big contest results or amazing vid parts. THEN Lyman comes along, and he gets a pro model. That must have cut Tino's last nerve (not saying those guys don't deserve boards because they do). Tino's section in the Truth was epic, he kind of got screwed
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-02-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
i was hoping someone caught that shot.
Old     (wakewarrior)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-02-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
Yeah - Tino was real loyal when he left LF and went to ride for Herb and Co. on Jobe/Gay Star...how quickly you guys forget!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-02-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
First of all Tino didn't leave LF. LF cut him. Secondly, Herb doesn't own Jobe. Very brave of you to create a profile to make comments like that here.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-02-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Gay Star? Did you make that one up yourself?

Archer, name sounding real familiar, I heard of this Archer guy who owns all these wake companies, not you I hope?
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-02-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
kyle, i didn't mean my comment to be read as if shawn would be switching or anything like that, as we all know that is not the case. I don't think it would be a big deal for Justin to get his friend shawn to test out the boards and give him feedback. I think it is very possible shawn lended a helping hand.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-02-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
I like to stay out these Co. Wake Threads After I got pushed under the bus on one I started but I have to say the always get heated.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-02-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
I think these Company Wake threads are awesome!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
i agree hahn. we need more dave archer in this one.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-02-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
hahhahaah, i never said I didnt read them, they super entertaining.!
Old     (bouvs)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-02-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
haha, these are good threads. I think Company Wake is a great thing, if it progresses the sport, and gets people interested, i am all for it (look how many threads there have been already). As for rider loyalties to team, for most its a business, and why not find a better fit for yourself? (but in this case, it was decided for him that he would not continue to ride for LF) Hope i don't get a response like Dave Archer, for this post.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
people have to remember that although its just a lifestyle for the most of us its those guy's livlihood. thats how they pay their bills. sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and sometimes you burn a few bridges but thats the way life goes. tino's a nice guy and i'm sure he'll do great things for justin and co wake.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-02-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
Im sorry its Bob Archer that owns numerous water sports related companies. I hope there is no relation.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-02-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
My bad I guess Paul and Herb still own J Star.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       06-02-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
I think Den Bol owns JStar... They are looking for reps last I heard...
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
ill put money on the fact that lf is starting company to take over their flex boards. if you read the co. wake blog it actually references lf
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-02-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
Isn't LF also starting a separate wakeskate division where Reed and Hampson have more creative control. I saw a blog those two had started up at some point in time. I would think though that if LF was actually starting Co. Wake, they would be using their bindings out in the public eye instead of Slingshots, it's a believable theory though.

(Message edited by srh00z on June 02, 2008)
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
i think they are using slingshots to demo the four whole patern. from what i can tell the whole industry moves kinda slow. i highly doubt that company has bindings ready. for example, 6 weeks ago danny harf told me he will have a new one shape out for 09. however he had to ask his rep who was there to confirm it. as of then they hadnt even started that project. i think there is some weird stuff with company. one is that they are almost the same boards as slinshot. another is the reference to liquid force. im almost possitive its a collaboration with another company
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-02-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
So they really are just using the old Cassette logo!! It's all coming together now.......
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-02-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
Perhaps that reference to LF was made because so many people here were speculating that Watson was leaving LF for Company Wake and then didn't. And then Tino might have somehow played into that. But in the end who knows...

And yes, Aaron Reed and Danny Hampson (and Kyle Hyams!) do have their own thing going on within LF called Obscura Wakeskates. (www.obscurawakeskates.com)
Old     (wakewarrior)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-02-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
Hahn - at least you admit when you're wrong - props to you. DenBol is a European distributor that licenses the name
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       06-02-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
just to expand on obscura, it's not a separate company or anything like that--those guys always give credit to LF, and it's with liquid's help that they're doing this. They described it as a movement within the company.

I wrote an article detailing the early stages of obscura (because that's where they're at). I thought I'd share it since there's not a lot of info out there: http://www.wakeskating.com/showarticle.php?a=666

And if using a Letter "c" as a log means it's a cassette logo...that's seriously crazy and also incredibly lame. But perhaps I'm misreading your commentary (I hope I am)...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-02-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
you are
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-02-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
company is not liquid force. bindings will be sick.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-02-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
I'm wrong a lot. Just ask my wife...
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-02-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
Or Umali...
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-02-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
^^^^^^ true dat Hahn