Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-01-2008, 12:49 PM Reply   
3rd Robert Soven

YAY JIMMY!!!!!!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-01-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
Jr. mens finals

1. Jimmy
2. Harley
3. Bob Soven
4. Nick Davies

Jimmy killed it, switch H/S 900 off the D-Up.
Old    fred_bloggs            06-01-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
Congratulations Jimmy for a great win,
I wouldnt say he killed it from what I have here'd Clifford apparently missed his crowmob 5 and front mobe 5,he fell on his crowmobe 5 got back up did a scraecrow. He then only did a crowmobe and front mobe and he did a bs7 of the double up and possibly Clifford deserves a little more credit than he is getting. How old is Clifford anyway somebody told me he is 14 yrs old and how old is jimmy 17 or 18
Not wanting to take anything away from Jimmy, give credit where credit is due. But a 14yr old doing mobe 5 tricks and 7's as well.
Old     (ehwake)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-01-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
they all kill it and deserve all the credit in the world for the work they put in...congrats to all.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-01-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
so is this how most of the wakeboarding events are? i went yesterday and it was my first time...no one was cheering, it seemed like no one cared. the flags on the side of the shore were blocking half the shots...thanks a lot rockstar energy. i ended up leaving early because i felt like i was at a funeral not a competition of any sort. the announcer would go "lets make some noise!" and i swear everyone got more quiet...i hope theres other events where people actually cheer and this was just a fluke
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-01-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
Kyle
The attendance was lacking for someone reason yesterday. It got busy after 1pm yesterday. Today was easily double the crowd size.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-02-2008, 5:32 AM Reply   
alright, so normally theyre a lil more exciting than that? lol
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-02-2008, 6:10 AM Reply   
Kyle, what did you expect? people yelling the entire time? so you watched jr. men's finals, ladies finals, then left??

Well you missed everyone standing out in the water (past the flags) and yelling with their hands up as the pros came by lining up their dubs. Not to mention the two passes technical riding that went down. I was there and enjoyed the hell out of it.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-02-2008, 7:54 AM Reply   
yea, I watched the Truth again yesterday, looks like he was maybe 11, and he made everyone in his section look bad!
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-02-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Kyle,

If you were there, than you know HOW hot and humid it was. I think after being out in that kind of weather all day it is hard to get people upbeat and excited. Also if you were close to the PA and speakers it is hard to hear anything else going on.The sound from the crowd doesnt travel the same way it does in a stadium.

I had a great time there, met a lot of cool people and saw all the riders throw down on an awesome course.

The women's riding has definetly reached a whole new level. Nicola's riding was FLAWLWESS and so impressive, she is gonna be tough to beat this year. Congrats Nicola!
Old     (wakester)      Join Date: May 2008       06-02-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Obviously 14 years old and doing what Harley Clifford does is out of this world. Jimmy is a fantastic rider along with Robert, AJ (last years tour winner) and all the others. The riding at this level is off the chart. Some of these guys are ready for the pros and I'm sure will do well when it's time. But come on 14 years old, are you kidding me. Can anybody tell me if there has ever been anybody riding the way that Harley does at the young age of 14. Way to go to everyone. Congrats Jimmy.
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-02-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
Randy,Philip Soven turned pro at 13 or 14
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-02-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
parks
Old     (wakester)      Join Date: May 2008       06-02-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
Actually I think he was closer to 11. The point I'm trying to make is, there never has been anybody as good as Harley at that age. At 13 and 14 Phillip was great for his age but go back and check his trick list. Then take a look at what Harley does. I don't think that there is any comparison. What Harley Clifford has managed to learn at such a young age is going to push everyone, including Phillip Soven.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-02-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
or look at it differently. Look at what Parks was able to do with the boats of back then, and the boards with no molded fins, and one huge center fin. Now look at today, with many modes of training, larger wake (ways to alter wake size to accommodate each rider for that matter), and improved board design, and you have young guns getting better more quickly. Not taking anything from what Harley has done, but it doesn't come close to comparing what others have accomplished IMO........ I popped in good old Shafted this past weekend........ that video shows you how far ahead of the game Parks was (has been).....
Old     (wakester)      Join Date: May 2008       06-02-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
I agee times have changed but the fact remains the same at 14 he's the best we've ever seen. And we can deffinately take training into consideration but I've been told he's logged most of his boat hours with his dad. To me he's the best. I think if you ask Phillip he'd probably say the same thing. Soon the two will be battling it out head to head.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-02-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
The riding was unreal on sunday, everyone has stepped it up another level, great event great riding.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-02-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
Wakester, your right on, Harley is way ahead of the curve, but keep in mind he is coming of the ause pro tour and is battle tested coming into the US tour. Give Jimmy LaRiche his due, this season is not over yet by a long shot. I've watched them go head to head all year and this battle is not over. Looking forward to seeing it.
Old    fred_bloggs            06-03-2008, 12:28 AM Reply   
hey somebody said these 2 guys are at a different level to the other guys in jnr mens
Old     (wakester)      Join Date: May 2008       06-03-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
Randy S., I think Jimmy is incredible along with all the other riders. Some stand out more then others. My point again is that Harley is the best we've ever seen at the young age of 14.