Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (shame211)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-26-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
Hey everyone, I am thinking about getting the 07 Ronix Covin and the 07 CWB Vapor bindings for my next setup.. I was curious if anyone has ridden these and what they thought.. I currently have an 06 Watson and am hoping that the pop of the Ronix Covin is at least as good as that.. I know the rockers are different (Covin has a continuous rocker), but Ronix boards seem to be more aggressive overall.. What do you guys think..? Will the Covin get the job done..? Anyone have the Vapor bindings..?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-26-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
The Covin will for sure get the job done, board is sick.

but i would not recomend the Vapors, maybe a higher up 08' CWB binding, or the Ronix cells to match your covin,
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       11-26-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
Sorry for the Hijack, CALEB, i have the impression you ride a Ronix from your profile. I have the cell/covin setup and i havent ridden it yet, winter here in MN. But from that other topic...its the 07 cells, should i get the base plates replaced or no? mine dont give from side to side, just heel toe a bit, not too much though. Hows Ronix with warranty issues? and finally...J bars or no? Again...sorry for the hijack Chris, i can tell you the setup looks sick and im comin from a 3DS and cant wait to break her in!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-26-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
Chris look into the CWB Faction for a continuous rocker board that boots like a 3 stage. The board has so much pop. I went from a diehard Absolute rider to sold on the Faction in one set.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-26-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
EDER,

If you find that your baseplates have to much motion, then take them to your local pro shop and they should swap them out no questions asked. They had trouble with some of the 07 baseplates, but they will fix them for free; if your local proshop wont swap them for free, Ronix will.

Ronix has good customer service and if your board/bindings become faulty, just call up Ronix and they will handle it.

And i give a yes vote on the J-bars, i did not us them in my 07 ONE's but i am Currently in my 08's. They give you alot better support and a more "locked in feel".

The 07 Covin board is safe bet, as ronix just changed the graphics for 08, not the shape, so you would be paying alot more for different graphics if you went with the 08.

But they did change their bindings, the 08 whole 08 binding line (excluding the ONE, which underwent internal changes) has shed up to 20% of their 07 weight.

Im on the 08 ONEs, and they have greatly improved from last year. They hold like no other bindings i've ever worn.

Either way you cant go wrong, Ronix is totally sick.
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-26-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
I agree with Big Heavy, I have been a absolute Platty fan for a few years and in one set ridding the Faction I'm hooked. Great board but now they need a faction platinum.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-26-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
I think that steve bates said they are not going to make a platty faction.