Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2013, 6:45 AM Reply   
Ok, here's the deal. My wife and I are finally ready to make our first new boat purchase. My family has always had boats but this one will be new and also be ours! I'm fairly certain it will be an a20. I like the look of them, the wake is sick, the dealers close and the price is right. I would like to do a pre-season order so we get exactly what we want. How soon do I have to do that and how hard is that to do? Also, are there any musts for options aside from there version of perfect pass and plug and play? Oh, and do I need a tandem trailer, is it that much better?

Any information you have to share would be greatly appreciated. I guess I'm kind of a rook in this category.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-07-2013, 6:58 AM Reply   
Must Havesfor me)
1.Surfgate
2.Deck Trac
3.PNP
4.Chillax Seating
5.High Alt prop 2313 or 2315

If you trailer more than 50 miles at anytime you will want the tandem axle trailer.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-07-2013, 8:13 AM Reply   
How soon really depends on the dealers scheduled build slots. You need to talk to the dealer about that. None of us on here can answer than.

I can't comment on the Axis options, but will on the trailer. I have a Tige RZR which is a similar size/weight boat. I have the single axle because it was a stock boat and I was trying to keep package weight down. I wish everytime I hook up to it I had the tandem. These heavy 20 footers are right on the end of a singles weight range. It tows and follows OK, but I get alot more rocking and bouncing on rough roads. If I had to do over again I would do the tandem every time. I'm towing with a Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-07-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
1. PnP
2. ACME 1235, 2419, or 2315
3. Deck Trac
4. Chillax Seats
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-07-2013, 2:14 PM Reply   
PnP
Deck Trac
Bimini
Racks (fixed are fine for me)
Depth finder
Tower mirror

If you like going out at night, underwater and under seat lighting are really nice.

Sound pack 3 (wet sounds) was a must for me but you can always add the stereo stuff later.

A lot of people like the wedge but I haven't used it as much as I thought I would.

We put the order in with our dealer last year at the end of September on a '13 A20. The boat was delivered just before Christmas and I officially picked it up around mid March to start the break in.
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2013, 2:40 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys this is starting to make a little sense now. Here's another dum question, when do you pay for it? Do you put a deposit down and then Pay when you pick it up?
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-07-2013, 3:12 PM Reply   
Yes, I'm sure every dealer is different but most will require a deposit when you place the order and expect payment in full before you tow it home.

And, I went with the single axle trailer so I could add a few other options and don't have any regrets. I've towed my Axis a lot and the single axle is just fine.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-07-2013, 3:23 PM Reply   
Same here, small deposit and then full payment upon delivery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-07-2013, 3:32 PM Reply   
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-07-2013, 5:38 PM Reply   
Yes I forgot the wedge. I'm a fan

I just ordered a new A22 and yes you have to put down a certain amount depending on the dealer and then pay when you get it. As far as how long it takes, that depends on your dealer and what time of year you order.

Some dealers have more build spots than others and it depends on whether or not they will be able to fit your boat in those spots or if they have to add an extra slot.
Old     (matt75)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-08-2013, 6:40 PM Reply   
Here you go.
Attached Images

Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-08-2013, 7:49 PM Reply   
Both boats looks great! Is there any extra maintenance with black hulls? I kind of like the stealth look!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-08-2013, 9:01 PM Reply   
Like with any dark solid color. Mine gets lots of tough water spots. I think maybe our make has really hard water.
Old     (matt75)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-10-2013, 2:01 PM Reply   
if you use something like boat bling hot sauce, it wipes up with no problem. Leaves no water spots. I ride the Trinity River in Texas. If you run over a small stick, etc it can cause a little scratch on hull but comes out with some elbow grease and 3m finesse it.
Old     (AxisofEvil)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-10-2013, 2:08 PM Reply   
Yeah Hot sauce is where it's at. I'm also in a dirty river & I leave it in over the weekends too.
Attached Images