Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-31-2015, 10:30 AM Reply   
Anyone know or have been in one, That's a big price for a boat few know of. Or did I miss something ..

http://ddrv.com/rv/2015-pavati-al24s-al24s-pvf001/
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-31-2015, 10:33 AM Reply   
no , you are not missing anything...
But they look to be nicely built..
For $180K....i need a larger company behind the product line..
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       08-31-2015, 10:37 AM Reply   
haha wow I bet they sell a bunch of those!
Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-31-2015, 12:42 PM Reply   
I agree, I mean no one knows about them , so how can you ask for that price when they are nota proven company/ boat. Axis started at a low price point and has slowly went up, as did supra/Moomba but Pavati just went beyond any other proven company, Like Connor said I bet they sell a lot of them. However they are cool looking but 180k .. geesh
Old     (nittyp)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-31-2015, 8:46 PM Reply   
So lame.. And they don't even tell you in the ad what size or make motor is in it? Just a small detail..
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       09-01-2015, 3:11 AM Reply   
rode one in 2012. they would be the mc of the aluminum boat world. fit/finish and weld quality was top notch. they used all high end parts.
boat still had a few issues to sort out from a surf standpoint tho and some design changes that needed to happen(batteries in the bottom of the hull).

that being said, not sure that they will sell more than a couple at that price. competing against the big boys with an unproven boat will be tough. axis started out cheap but had malibu backing them so you knew what you were getting. pavati is very well known in the driftboat community but much different than wakeboats.

hope they make it. the boat we rode on was nice and not having to worry about fiberglass hull care was a positive....
Old    Paxdad            09-01-2015, 5:30 AM Reply   
The price of recycled aluminum is approximately $0.40/ pound. Someone please do the math!!!
Old     (North_LA_Hunter)      Join Date: Aug 2015       09-01-2015, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxdad View Post
The price of recycled aluminum is approximately $0.40/ pound. Someone please do the math!!!

Only looking at $1,680 if it weighs 4200lbs like they say.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-01-2015, 9:49 AM Reply   
not a good move. unproven hull and company with the BIGGEST price tag on the market? too bad I'd never own one, they're sure to be cheap soon!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-01-2015, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
with the BIGGEST price tag on the market?
It has some competition

A video from Pavati earlier this year -

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 09-01-2015 at 9:56 AM.
Old    Paxdad            09-01-2015, 9:57 AM Reply   
I wonder if you could get a custom wrap for it that would graphically represent all brands of aluminum beer cans???
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       09-01-2015, 10:10 AM Reply   
I've crawled all over 2 of their boats at the last couple years boat shows. they are well built and they definitely leverage lots of cool technology. The owner is really cool and passionate. One of these days I'll actually get to ride behind one.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-01-2015, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxdad View Post
I wonder if you could get a custom wrap for it that would graphically represent all brands of aluminum beer cans???

This would actually be a power move...

Boat name:
"Canned" or "shotgun" or "chug" you get the idea
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-01-2015, 2:22 PM Reply   
I have no comment on the price, but the company that makes Pavati makes a substantial number of aluminum boats for fishing and other uses. They are not just a wakeboat maker. In many lines an aluminum hull is sold at a premium over a glass hull but becomes lower cost overall as the maintenance is lower and the hull life is very long.
I'm not going to rush out to buy one this week, but we need to be fair in discussing it.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-02-2015, 8:05 AM Reply   
It's also a 24ftr. And as the now disappeared pic of the mxz showed, this isn't too far off in terms of price
Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-02-2015, 8:12 AM Reply   
High price on MXZ was 180, that's the deal price on the Pavati, now I was not posting to bash them, They have a great idea, I was simply saying no one knows of them in the wakeboard/wakesurf world and to comeing in at such a high price seems very brave . I would think they would sell them just over cost to get some in the market . I would think 180 is well above cost. This is only my 2 cents.. I am no expert..
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-02-2015, 8:17 AM Reply   
Probably, but wasn't that a 22 mxz that you had posted?

Why was it taken down?

Yes I would bet both those boats are way way way over cost.

Just saying, they aren't that far out of line for a "ballerific" style boat
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-02-2015, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
High price on MXZ was 180, that's the deal price on the Pavati,
I disagree.... the Pavati price is the price posted online, no one is paying that.

The MXZ price is boat show pricing, which there is certainly wiggle room, but still puts them in the ball park.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-02-2015, 9:10 AM Reply   
Damn that is a high price for a Malibu MXZ 24. My X23 was a lot less that that as well as the X46 that I priced out.

Shoot you can get a G23 or Xstar Loaded for less than that....
Old     (surf68)      Join Date: Jul 2017       07-11-2017, 5:12 PM Reply   
Absolutely right. Need a bigger company who can support the product. I own one and it has been a challenge.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-13-2017, 7:35 AM Reply   
^Pics
Old     (Khyber)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-13-2017, 9:48 AM Reply   
Why did this thread come back up? Hey! We landed on the moon!