Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-13-2014, 7:48 AM Reply   
This story doesnt surprise me one bit based on my experiences there. A kid drowned there not too long ago and now this. Its not looking good for BSR.

http://www.kxxv.com/story/25999417/o...ssault-in-park
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-13-2014, 2:59 PM Reply   
Classy people.
Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-14-2014, 6:36 AM Reply   
What this article doesn't mention is the fact that the "large slide" that this Toby guy was on is actually a water slide behind a locked, gated, high-fenced area clearly marked with No Trespassing signs. This incident happened at night, when that area was clearly closed. Not saying Parsons was in the right in his actions, not by any means, but there's two sides to every story...
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-19-2014, 6:40 AM Reply   
there's always two sides to the story, Matt.. people drown in pools and local lakes every week and this story about the assault has facts that only the parties involved will know the truth of what actually happened, if its true this guy was trespassing he was a criminal at the time and sometimes this is what happens when you break the rules.. police officers sometimes have to use excessive force to subdue criminal and maybe that what happened..

Ive had nothing but positive experiences at BSR and ive been there more than 30 times but use it for what it was intended for, cable wakeboarding and not as a party spot..
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-19-2014, 7:36 AM Reply   
BSR is pretty local to me so this incident was on all the local news and papers. Plus the affidavit was available for all to read. I agree that ONE of this victims of the assault was inside a closed area of the park, the verbal confrontation took place inside that closed area so "yes" he and the small group were trespassing. However, when Parsons returns with the two that were also arrested to the cabin area to re-confront the victim, that's where Parson and his friends (one of which I've taken for pulls behind my boat) commits a felony assault on the guy and then proceed to beat a guy trying to help. The injuries received by the victims does not surprise me because the other two guys arrested are totally swole gym rats.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-19-2014, 10:37 AM Reply   
I realize that AJ im sure they went overboard at somepoint and yes I know one of the security guys involved, hes pretty swole LOL
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-21-2014, 7:02 PM Reply   
I thought the drowning happened during the day with lots of people there? Either way...tragic.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-21-2014, 7:19 PM Reply   
Met the owner of BSR about 13 years ago when he tried to ram my buddies boat with his jet ski on the brazos river.

Guy is a hothead. This does not surprise me and I would be shocked if it was the first time anything like this ever happened involving him.