Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    jblinzler            06-19-2014, 12:17 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, I'm considering the 2014 Process boots. However I don't have a local shop nearby to go try them on. Currently I have the 2013 Ronix ones, size 10. I'm a 10.5-11 in normal shoes but I like my boots to be a little on the snug side. So the question is, should I order size 10 or 11? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Josh,
Old     (Treyman42)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-20-2014, 5:48 AM Reply   
Definitely go 11. I ordered the Murrays back when they made those in a 10 and everytime I ride I wish they were an 11. My shoe size is a 10 and the 10 is too small. The system boots run small. If you wear a 10.5-11 you may want to even consider a 12. My toes go numb everytime I ride...
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-20-2014, 6:03 AM Reply   
They have changed the sizing to be more true to size since the Murrays were available. I also have the Murray boots. I wear an 11 shoe and bought 11 boots. They do size small on the old boots but I've heard the new ones are bigger. Also, depending on which model you get, the widths vary. When I bought mine the murrays were the narrowest and the mareks were the widest. My boots feel too tight when I put them on but once I strap in to the bindings it forces my foot down and back and they feel good so I'm glad I didn't buy a 12. I like my boots tight though. If you're like me and can't stand side to side slop in a boot I'd get the 10 but if your boots being a little loose doesn't bug you go 11.
Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-20-2014, 6:18 AM Reply   
I've got the 2013 Process boots in a size 10, and I wear 10.5 Nikes. They fit great.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-20-2014, 8:09 AM Reply   
I think that the current Hyperlite system boots run true to size, maybe even a bit large. I just upgraded from 2 yr old Marek boots to the current Marek boots and was able to squeeze into a size 9. I was previously riding a size 10 in the old boots. For reference, I normally wear 10-10.5 in skate shoes.
Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-20-2014, 10:11 AM Reply   
I had the 2011 Murray boots in a sz 11 and they fit right on the money.

This year I ordered the new AJ boots in sz 11 and they were too big and had to send them back for the 10's which fit much better. I wear a sz. 10.5 nike shoe.
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-20-2014, 2:02 PM Reply   
the newer system boots ('13s and '14s) do fit much truer to size than the '11s/'12s. Im about a 9.5 in most skate shoes and i rode size 11 for the first two years (they ran a little small in '11 and '12) but my '13 process and '14 mareks i grabbed a 9 and didnt look back. I also like a tighter/snugger fit in my boots, so if I were between sizes in a '13 or '14 model year i would go smaller. Most shops should let you send them back if you do end up going with the wrong size, so you should be okay either way.
Old    jblinzler            06-20-2014, 2:17 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info everyone. Looks like i'll be going for a size 10.