Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Chrisz)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-21-2016, 7:49 AM Reply   
I currently have a Mastercraft X 25 (2012) and am looking to move into a new boat. I love the fit and finish on my X 25 and the surf wake and wakeboard wake are great. The reason I am changing out is I have had repeated problems with the software and it's just not worth the aggravation when I am limited on how much time I can spend on the water.

My previous boat was an Air Nautique 210 (2004) and I never had an issue with that boat. I am looking for a boat that holds up to 10 comfortably, surf wake is primary and wakeboard wake secondary, is reliable and can handle a lake that is relatively crowded (Norris Lake TN) without beating everyone up.

I have looked at the MXZ, X-10, G21, and Air Nautique 230 (Search limited to those brands due to those are the strong dealers in my area who give great support). I am looking to keep the cost under $90k so I am fine with a used boat (2013/2014/2015). I have narrowed it down to a G21 or an Air Nautique 230. From what I am reading there was a big change in the transmission from 2013 to 2014 in the G series and I should stay away from the 2013 due to enormous fuel consumption. I have never really worried about gas (when you factor in renting a place, cost of the boat, taking time off work ect.,. I don't really care if it's $100 a day on fuel versus $150).

Two questions. If I go with the G21 should I pay up for the 2014 model due to the transmission upgrades? Second is the G series worth the extra price over the Air Nautique given what I am looking for?

Thanks