Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old    ndf3000            07-10-2006, 11:02 PM Reply   
Today we were riding at 10th street, it was nice, not a lot of people. We were sort of by the falls, when we see these tubers flying towards us, then slowing down to strike conversation. The driver came over to us just to let us know that he was aware of us trying to board, and he would do whatever he could to minamize the chop from his boat. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen! Its unheard of! So, I just thought I would throw this out there. I know a lot of people complain about tubers, but I honestly think a lot of the tubers understand that when their out there tubing, they're ruining the water for everybody else. Their not doing it on purpose. I love wakeboarding, I've been doing it since I was a freshmen in hs, however I also love an insane tube ride! If people could just respect the fact that they have to share the waters with everybody, maybe it would cut down on all the accidents.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-11-2006, 12:01 AM Reply   
well, count your blessings!! i, and i'm sure 99% of the people on these boards have yet to experience that. regardless, that is awesome, and they really are the coolest tubers ever.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-11-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
holy never happens, I always have to go talk to them. I cannot beleive they came up to you. WOW!
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       07-11-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
could you put the guy with the 30' cabin cruiser that was ruining the bay we ride in about this? 3' rollers in all directions on sunday morning!
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-11-2006, 11:42 AM Reply   
I have some cool tubers on my lake. They were shredding the entire lake so I went over to them and asked if they would leave me a little sapce to wakeboard in. They said no problem we like it where it is rough and went to the other end. Not all tubers are pricks. Most of them just dont even think about it. I had someone come up to me the other day while I was putting the boat in and ask me if when we wakeboarded if we liked it rough or smooth. He seemed to think that if it was rough that meant there were more wakes to jump off of. Some of these tubers might think they are doing you a favor. I have never talked to a tuber who was not pleasant and at least listened to what I said.