Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old    ponchevez            03-23-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
Does anyone has Bose 131 Marine speakers? are they good? I all ready have Boss 69 speakers in my tower, but I am looking for some speakers inside the boat. Any info would be helpfull, thanks.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-25-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
I've checked those out, and would be interested in info too. I like the fact that they've got their own tuned, ported enclosure but wonder if there's a better/cheaper choice for small speaks that are gonna be backed up by a subwoofer (don't need full range out of the little speaks in that case).
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-25-2004, 8:08 PM Reply   
I dont know of the 131's personally, but we looked at the 151's for tower speakers and they just did not compete with other brands that cost a lot less in a marine (open air) environment.

We have the Kicker K60's in our boat and they are "very good". If you can afford $200/pair get some feedback from the audiophiles on this board. Their are some really smart people that have incredible audio systems in thier boats. Learn from them! You need to searh the past posts as well.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-25-2004, 8:08 PM Reply   
I dont know of the 131's personally, but we looked at the 151's for tower speakers and they just did not compete with other brands that cost a lot less in a marine (open air) environment.

We have the Kicker K60's in our boat and they are "very good". If you can afford $200/pair get some feedback from the audiophiles on this board. Their are some really smart people that have incredible audio systems in thier boats. Learn from them! You need to search the past posts as well.
Old     (the_love_muscle)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-25-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
I have always thought Bose speakers were over priced. Well, maybe not the wave radio. Anyway, I like Kickers. I had the Defcon 4's on my old boat, they rocked! I have a Kicker Solobaric 15", Boss/MB Quart tower speakers, and factory Clarion boat speakers in my new boat. You would not beleive how good it souds. The Clarion subs are poop, but the seperates are pretty good. Remember, you are not going to get good bass out of mid-range speaker, so the sub can make or break your system. The amp is also important. I'm babbling, I was a car stereo installer for a long time, so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-26-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
I have Bose speakers in the boat. I am not sure if they are the 131 or not. They do have their own little black box that sits under the seat. As far as they go they are nice speakers. They get real loud and sound good. I am not sure if they would be better than any other brand though. I have the 151 on my tower and they pretty much suck. I would like to buy new ones, but I can't afford them. Hopefully soon. Hth.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-27-2004, 9:52 PM Reply   
They would be great inside the boat but check them out first as a tower speaker option.