Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old    prodigal_son            03-23-2004, 6:43 PM Reply   
I just put a deposit down on a '04 SAN 210 T.E. The dealer doesn't finalize the costs until the boat is delivered. What should I be paying for this boat base price, before add-ons and upgrades?
Old    ag4ever            03-23-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
You put a deposit down before final pricing???????

Kinda like putting the cart in front of the horse isn't it?
Old    prodigal_son            03-23-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
Not really. It's a 100% refundable deposit.
Old    prodigal_son            03-23-2004, 7:04 PM Reply   
Aside from comments on how to run my financial affairs, I would just like some feedback on how much others have paid or came across for this boat. Yes, I do have a "dealer invoice" already. What I mean is that the contract isn't signed, and hence price isn't finalized until delivery. This is very typical for buying a boat, otherwise, you would start making payments before you had the boat.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-23-2004, 7:29 PM Reply   
52K in CA with a few options; rear pop up cleats, flip up drivers seat, docking lights, with tandem trailer (disc brakes, swing tongue).
Old    prodigal_son            03-23-2004, 7:58 PM Reply   
Thank you wake_fun. Do you have one? If so, where did you get it?
Old    whitechocolate            03-23-2004, 8:12 PM Reply   
Just a bit of advice, When it come to getting accurate information on what people payed for there boats This can be a confusing place. I dont know if people are embarrased to say what they "TRULEY" payed for there boat and they make up some fake # and post it. Unless someone orderd the EXACT same boat and trailer combo as you its hard to get a good Idea. Example I have heard boats are cheeper in Texas than in Ca I have heard that boats are more expencieve in Oregan than in California, So you get the point. I have heard fully decked out SATE going anywhere from 55-60 A better way is to try to talk to people in your aera and find out what they payed from the same dealer. Or try www.planetnautique.com there some good Nautique info there
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-23-2004, 8:14 PM Reply   
The dealer I bought my SAN from tried to add about 1K at the end of the deal. I'm glad I had a detailed contract to refer to. I would have walked away from the deal and got my deposit back, but I would have had no boat for last summer and nothing to show for the 10 weeks I waited for the boat to come in.
I'm not commenting on your financial affairs, but I would get the price in writing now. You won't have to make any payments on anything until you get it. If they've told you differently they're already lying to you.
Just some friendly advice.
Old    prodigal_son            03-23-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
whitechocolate & tlb, thank you for the advice, I will definitely take it to heart. I am just trying to get a median price, and I am definitely in that ballpark. I have haggled until I was blue in the face for other major purchases, but this dealership made me very comfortable, so I have taken their word about the pricing, etc. for now. I just want to make sure that my instincts were correct. Thanks again for looking out for a fellow boarder.
Old    natter            03-23-2004, 9:06 PM Reply   
dont have the team edition but just bought a 2004 san limited edition with the factory ballast,bimini top, perfect pass,fresh water flush, board racks, pop up seat for 46,500.
i dont know it this helps?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-23-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
P son - look here http://messageboard.wakeworld.com/MB/discus/messages/3183/101379.html?1078211173
Old    prodigal_son            03-23-2004, 10:04 PM Reply   
Jeff- I appreciate the response and am now at ease. The dealer that I am buying from is actually CCC, and I knew from day 1 that I wanted to be a part of their family. I hope that I am making the right choice. Thanks for the feedback.
Old    prodigal_son            03-23-2004, 10:08 PM Reply   
P.S. When I started tis thread. I was just looking for some "fair" pricing. I am willing to pay an extra few bucks to save some headache later. If $55-60K is "fair" for a base SANTE then cool. If not, please let me know.
Old    prodigal_son            03-23-2004, 10:08 PM Reply   
P.S. When I started this thread. I was just looking for some "fair" pricing. I am willing to pay an extra few bucks to save some headache later. If $55-60K is "fair" for a base SANTE then cool. If not, please let me know.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-24-2004, 6:34 AM Reply   
Prodigal_Son-
I don't want to be rude, by any means, I am just curious. There are a few 2003 SANS left with low hours which include a warranty and in showroom condition. Most of these '03 SANS are going for around 5-7 Thousand less than the fair price listed here for new. And have alot more options included in the boat and trailer than listed in the above price. What was the reason you went new?
Old    ag4ever            03-24-2004, 6:47 AM Reply   
My price before taxes was in the upper 40's.

Keep in mind I bought in October, the boat was a showroom boat, and the dealer wanted to make space for the '03s.

Boat is an '02 SANTE nicely equiped, but not totally loaded.
Old     (alotta_fagina)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-24-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
M2O in San Diego is significantly less expensive than their counterparts up the way, and worth a visit to verify that. Ian is a great guy to deal with especially after your purchase, and will save you many headaches that other mentioned dealers will not.
I would suggest a little more research to make sure you are not overpaying by thousands and are truly getting a quality dealer. I understand Jeff to be one of ccc's 'promo' guys, might want to take that into consideration when listening to his overly positive words.
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-24-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
Prodigal son, Glad to here you are going to buy a SANTE. CCC is a very good dealer to buy from. As Grant said the prices may very from state to state. The SANTE has lots of options motor upgrade is just one option that can make a big difference on the price, so do your homework. The SANTE should be around $60 to $65 with what options you go with, could be more. Again glad to see you are buying a CC and CCC is a good dealer to buy from.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-24-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
Sorry to hijack this for a minute but..

Garrett, I am NOT a promo boat owner. I have told you before that I have no affiliation with CCC other than satisfied customer. Now what part of that do you not understand? You had better start to check your sources before you start posting up false information.
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-24-2004, 6:12 PM Reply   
60-65K for a SANTE? I guess if you have the money to burn enjoy.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-24-2004, 6:34 PM Reply   
If you can get an itemized MSRP of the boat & options, you may want to try these numbers:

2003 SANSE Base Boat - 9% below MSRP
ALL options - 15% below MSRP

The best price in February 2003 was $48,970 - $1,000 rebate from CC or $47,790 for the following:

SANSE 330 HP Excalibur Engine, Flight Control Tower, Ballast Tanks (3), Stereo, Kicker upgrade, Flight Clips, Perfect Pass, Air graphics, Helm Ballast Control, Boat Cover, Bimini Top, Jump Seat, Single axle trailer.

This was based on a custom-ordered boat. Another dealer matched this price for an in-stock SANTE with the identical options.

I am out of territory and was able to negotiate with three separate Florida Nautique dealers on this deal. I really thought I wanted a SAN, but I ended up buying a VLX from a local dealer and saved $4,500.

(Message edited by ofwc on March 24, 2004)
Old    prodigal_son            03-25-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
Just curious...What exactly is this Correct Craft promo team?
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-25-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
All boat manufactures have a promo team. Or whatever they call it. Depending on your status within the organization/wakeboard community, one may get a boat at cost every year or a free one for the year. They can sell the boat and reup the next yr. Nice huh!! For example, pro riders, reps for wakeboard companies, etc... Not everyone gets the same deal.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-25-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
If Jeff's SAN was a promo boat, don't you think he would be required to pull the CLWC's tournaments with it? Since he is president of the club, I would think so. During the year end tournament in Parker I saw 2 nice Nautiques working the tourney, with Jeff's safely parked at his slip. Hijack complete LOL

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on March 25, 2004)
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-26-2004, 10:48 AM Reply   
Jefe, when you put that Boss Tower on your CC, did CC say anything to you about that? Since they were in legal battles with Boss and you are a promo person. Or did they not care...........
Your boat is awesome by the way, but I've told you that before
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-26-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
Thanks Wake_Fun,
At the time we ordered and installed the Boss equipment, everything was still good between the two.

I understand that their are alot of variables when picking out a boat, such as custom colors and options, but for the price difference between new and almost new, it is amazing to me that there are still some '03s available. CC is having no problem filling in time slots for building new .