Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-27-2016, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So what is the thing that's going on here that's problematic? This last video is just about a donor (as faked by fake journalists) trying to contribute money. How is that either surprising or a problem?

Really, David, I'm trying to understand what you are seeing that I'm not. Consider whether perhaps you are viewing these vids through your own partisan lenses and seeing boogiemen where there are none. If you actually watch that last video closely, all of the outrageous stuff comes out of the mouth of the "reporter," not the guy allegedly being stung.
I agree that the last video doesn't have a whole lot of "illegal" stuff in it as far as my limited knowledge of the law goes. I'm taking the entire set of videos as a whole and just getting grossed out by the scumbags that are going to be surrounding our next president. The fact that you can't at least show a little pause based on what you see is just nuts.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2016, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
I'll let the attorneys figure out what's legal and illegal as far as whether or not these organizations should be working with the campaign and whether or not the money moving around is legal. I know the voter fraud stuff their talking about is illegal. I'm more concerned about the morally reprehensible people that the campaign has working for them and the look into the future corruption of a Hillary admin.
David, if I came to you with a big donation for the Wakeworld toys for tots auction, but I said something racist or mysoginistic, would you not take my money to do what you want to for your charitable purposes? Or would you take my money, even knowing it came from a racist jerk, because you knew you were going to put it to good use?

Like I said, point us to exact points in the last video where there's anything being done that's "wrong" other than listening to fake journalists say stupid stuff and not standing up and walking out?

I mean really man I sat through all 17 minutes of that garbage, at least do me the courtesy of showing me what I'm supposed to be outraged about.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2016, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
The fact that you can't at least show a little pause based on what you see is just nuts.
The guy with the glasses (who is clearly a low-totem-pole-chest-pounder) in the first couple vids says some quite stupid things. Not sure what his deal is (and I'd sure like to see the full uncut vid).

The other two people they "sting" just nod when the eccentric donors say outrageous stuff. They don't actually say any of it themselves.

I'm surprised that you can't even consider that these vids are schlock yellow "journalism."
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-27-2016, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
David, if I came to you with a big donation for the Wakeworld toys for tots auction, but I said something racist or mysoginistic, would you not take my money to do what you want to for your charitable purposes? Or would you take my money, even knowing it came from a racist jerk, because you knew you were going to put it to good use?

Like I said, point us to exact points in the last video where there's anything being done that's "wrong" other than listening to fake journalists say stupid stuff and not standing up and walking out?

I mean really man I sat through all 17 minutes of that garbage, at least do me the courtesy of showing me what I'm supposed to be outraged about.
So, I guess we're ignoring the first three videos and just going on what you find (can't find) in the last one. Forget it. If you aren't repulsed by these videos, I'm not going to convince you to be. It shouldn't need explaining. In fact, it's sad that it does.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2016, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
So, I guess we're ignoring the first three videos and just going on what you find (can't find) in the last one. Forget it. If you aren't repulsed by these videos, I'm not going to convince you to be. It shouldn't need explaining. In fact, it's sad that it does.
So you agree the last seventeen minutes of shakycam is a throw away?

If you can't explain it -- it's probably not based in fact.

This style of video has a lot more in common with an isis recruiting vid than journalism.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-27-2016, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
So you agree the last seventeen minutes of shakycam is a throw away?

If you can't explain it -- it's probably not based in fact.

This style of video has a lot more in common with an isis recruiting vid than journalism.
No, I think it's worth considering if campaign finance laws are being broken.

I'm sorry that you're frustrated that I'm not willing to waste my time explaining ethics and morals to you. I didn't post these videos to try to convince liberal sychophants to change their way of thinking. I posted it to express my disgust and to enable open-minded people to evaluate the videos for themselves and come to their own conclusions.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2016, 10:27 AM Reply   
David, I think you'll find that my mind is more open to being convinced than many. I'm just asking you to convince me because I'm not seeing it.

So again, would you take my money or donation for the toys for tots auction, knowing that I'm a "liberal sycophant," but also knowing that you are going to do good with it? Could you take money and put it to what you believe to be a good use, even though it comes from a person whose views disgust you?

Cuz that's all I'm seeing in video #4.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-27-2016, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
David, I think you'll find that my mind is more open to being convinced than many. I'm just asking you to convince me because I'm not seeing it.

So again, would you take my money or donation for the toys for tots auction, knowing that I'm a "liberal sycophant," but also knowing that you are going to do good with it? Could you take money and put it to what you believe to be a good use, even though it comes from a person whose views disgust you?

Cuz that's all I'm seeing in video #4.
Sure, I'd take your money, but that's not all I see in these videos.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-28-2016, 3:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Again, when you have a history of fraud, deception, and lying, as is the case for O'Keefe, you are going to have a hard time of getting people outraged.

If it is later shown that O'Keefe "manufactured" some of the things in this video, can we expect you to offer a public apology to the few of us that simply questioned the validity of these videos. Particularly, when you turned you argument into pointed attacks?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-28-2016, 8:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Again, when you have a history of fraud, deception, and lying, as is the case for O'Keefe, you are going to have a hard time of getting people outraged.

If it is later shown that O'Keefe "manufactured" some of the things in this video, can we expect you to offer a public apology to the few of us that simply questioned the validity of these videos. Particularly, when you turned you argument into pointed attacks?
Since you are willing to dismiss the entire content of a video based on the fact that there was a misspelling in the title, no, I won't offer an apology based on your standards of "manufactured." However, if it does turn out that the clips I'm repulsed by are actually CGI and those people didn't really say those things, yes, I will apologize.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-28-2016, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post

Yeah...cause I'm sure you would be willing to publicly apologize right?

I haven't really looked to deeply into it but it still seems pretty hard to "explain away" the democrats two top people "stepping down" after the videos were made public.

Regardless of which side of the isle you are on I sincerely wish we as a people could actually realize we are being played against each other.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-28-2016, 9:28 AM Reply   
This is some interesting reading.

http://www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com/
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-28-2016, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by allzway View Post
This is some interesting reading.

http://www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com/
I find it tedious to read when the justifications presented have so many emails that contain innocuous information. It's as if they didn't expect you to follow up on their links; and hoped you would just take their claims at face value because of the illusion of so much supporting evidence.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-28-2016, 10:48 AM Reply   
I wouldn't have expected anything less from liberals.

They are hand fed by the media and find Hillary to be as pure as new fallen snow, so need to be bothered by her own friggin emails.

Some won't even watch a video afraid they might learn something that would be disparaging of the queen or her party.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-28-2016, 10:58 AM Reply   
It looks like the FBI is back on her for email corruption.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a_breakingnews

Quote:
The FBI will investigate whether additional classified material is contained in emails sent using Hillary Clinton’s private email server while she was secretary of state, FBI Director James Comey informed congressional leaders Friday.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-28-2016, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
I wouldn't have expected anything less from liberals.

They are hand fed by the media and find Hillary to be as pure as new fallen snow, so need to be bothered by her own friggin emails.

Some won't even watch a video afraid they might learn something that would be disparaging of the queen or her party.
If a guy with a checkered past full of defamation lawsuits that were settled out of court, was paid by the Clinton Foundation (O'Keefe was paid by the Trump Foundation) made a video starring someone on Huffington Post's payroll (Black, one of the guys in the videos worked with Breitbart to hurt Rubio and Cruz's campaigns), I can almost guarantee that you wouldn't watch it. So basically, you "wouldn't expect anything less from liberals", but you act in similar fashion. A bit hypocritical if you ask me.

Maybe you like to get your news from National Enquirer, from your Facebook buddies, or Gossip Weekly, but I am highly critical of what I chose to believe and what I chose to act outraged by.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-28-2016, 11:26 AM Reply   
I am no Trump fan... I would watch it and at least see the relevant information.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-28-2016, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
I am no Trump fan... I would watch it and at least see the relevant information.
And I am no Hillary fan. But O'Keefe has little credibility, from either side. Several conservative websites attack his work, including the videos that Dave shared. So how can one determine the "relevant information"?

Trump is now using, what he feels is, his last viable hope to try to win this election. He's trying to convince enough voters (that would potentially vote for Hillary) that the system is rigged and there is no chance of a fair election, therefore they should stay at home and not vote. That Hillary already has the election won so their votes do not matter.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-28-2016, 11:48 AM Reply   
There appears to be plenty of fraud cases out there this year already. The add the Podesta emails and the video in this thread that support fraud.

I have said that I doubt there is enough fraud to influence an election, but who knows for sure.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/10/...ond-the-grave/
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...grants-to-vote
http://6abc.com/politics/action-news...grave/1575596/
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...111029767.html
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/po...399027631.html