Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (st68)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-09-2015, 3:43 AM Reply   
Our website has been updated with the 2015 boat and board reviews from Southern Surfest 2015!! You can also view our recap video of the event. All can be accessed via www.southernsurfest.com
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-09-2015, 3:01 PM Reply   
For the boards, is it just one persons card being showed or is that the average score from a number of reviews?

Also, no SoulCraft boards for 2015?
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-09-2015, 3:03 PM Reply   
Still no MB boats? WTH
Old     (stingreye)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-09-2015, 3:08 PM Reply   
While I really like how you try to combine the aggregate scores, I think I prefer how the wake9 presentation lets me see what type of rider is making the review. Are they skim style rider reviewing a surf style board? Are they are beginner? Are they advanced? What do they weigh? How tall?

It just seems like its more difficult to make a judgement on a board.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-09-2015, 3:21 PM Reply   
How come my dream boat didn't do as good as that other boat that I told someone else was ****ty. I call bs, it's not fair
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-09-2015, 3:21 PM Reply   
the reviews seem generic and not very informed
Old     (st68)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-10-2015, 10:06 AM Reply   
The reviews are consolidated and each category is averaged out. Yes we would have hoped MB would have participated but they chose not to. Thanks for pointing out the challenges There are challenges to anyway you slice it out. You are welcome to volunteer to come up with solutions.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-11-2015, 11:18 AM Reply   
Can you post up the individual reviews on the boards so people can see what someone thought of the board who was of their skill level, size, working on similar tricks etc?

With every board review shown being just the average score of a number of people every board looks average with nothing standing out. Every board looks like a 4 all the way down the categories.
Old     (st68)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-12-2015, 5:41 AM Reply   
I wish we could. We had 85 boards and 40 riders.... that is a ton of individual reviews.... we just don't have the bandwidth or budget to do that. Our team is all volunteer... there is a lot we wish we could do but there are several factors that go into why something does or does not happen
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-12-2015, 6:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by allzway View Post
Still no MB boats? WTH
we had a 23 B52 there last year