Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-04-2010, 8:53 PM Reply   
ha ha.... ha ha... yeah I'm excited about it... lol oh well. Yeah you all can keep up with my blog... just another place to post and talk about the pictures and what not.
Old    dhorton            05-05-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
Holy cyber stalking! I think we need a background check on Josh to see what other creepy shiz he's into.

Last edited by dhorton; 05-05-2010 at 9:22 AM. Reason: DFTS down for the stalking
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-05-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! " ha ha funny stuff
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-05-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
Name:  mrbean.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  73.4 KB

Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-05-2010, 1:58 PM Reply   
Stricking resemblance!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-06-2010, 5:43 AM Reply   
Well I think this weekend is gonna hold out at far as the weather goes! WOOT! I think we're gonna be taking the boat up to East Canyon both days, Sat & Sun if any of you guys wanna come join. Get away from the stupid A$$ tubers at Willard If there's people at East Canyon Tubing I'm gonna beat some ass! lol
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-06-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
Just for the record, there is an old ba$tard on this board that turned 40 today.... I'm not saying his name, but he has a Nautique 220 and lives in Summit County....

Happy Birthday old man.....
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-06-2010, 1:36 PM Reply   
We can say it's Blyel's birthday cause he's in Powell soaking up all the sun while were playing here on the puter.

Happy Birthday Jason!!!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-06-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
Jason, aka Old Guy, Crippled Guy, etc - Happy Birthday you lucky ba$tard!
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-06-2010, 8:36 PM Reply   
Happy B day Bleyl! Enjoy Powell while we enjoy the snow. I cant believe this weather! Straight up garbage!
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-06-2010, 8:43 PM Reply   
Jason if I dont work on sunday I will be very interested in coming with you guys.
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-07-2010, 1:51 PM Reply   
Well im off to go ride the frigid. Wish me luck fellas caus it is cold as eff outside. Haha
Old     (stoker)      Join Date: May 2010       05-07-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Hey anyone hitting Utah lake anytime soon, I've got my own board and I can chip in for gas. let me know if you need a third.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-07-2010, 3:29 PM Reply   
Welcome to the site Danny!!! How are you on Monday's, were trying to get a solid Monday crew going early and still in the office at a decent time.

Kent ~~ Have a great time out there...

Last edited by downfortheride; 05-07-2010 at 3:30 PM. Reason: David's in love with a sheep!
Old     (stoker)      Join Date: May 2010       05-07-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
some Mondays I work pretty early but not all of the time. I have no problem with hitting an early session though, that works well for me.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-07-2010, 6:22 PM Reply   
Danny ~~ Send me a PM with your email address, let's see what we can work out...
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-08-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
Where the hell is the sun and warm weather!!!! BOOOOO!!!!
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-08-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
Looks like I have to work in the morning I am bummed was looking forwards to the lake.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-08-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
So we had one crazy day on the water... We pulled up to EPIC water and I got a set in and then the water went to ****. Only one wake set and one fun board set and then the white caps were way to much. My wife snapped a few shots of today, check em out at www.downfortheride.com

Jason ~~ How was East Canyon???
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-08-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
David ~ That sucks man... Call in Sick! Gonna be an epic day tomorrow!

Hit Willard at like 4PM. Water was pretty good! Made for a good session to get the new boards wet! What a difference they make! We can actually do stuff on em now lol. Gonna daf take some getting used to with tho! I think we both fell a few times edging out toe side and catchin the water with the bindings cause we suck Good times. Makes for some laughs for sure!

Josh ~ So how did logan go! Saw the water was GLASS on the pic ya posted! Post more pics!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-09-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ We decided not to hit the Logan area, I'm sure David is thinking he should have since he didn't get a set in. It's really funny how a new board acts on the water. I'm still not sold on the slider fins, how did they check out on the water? I'm guessing your board seems really loose with them fins on.
Post up some pics sucka!!!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-09-2010, 3:34 PM Reply   
Josh ~ I haven't had the slider fins on my board yet. Chris had them on his for Willard yesterday and swapped them over for East Canyon today. I've always have the 0.8" fins on mine and it's still pretty loose but it's a good loose. Need more SKILLZ! lol Did do a sick wake slide today... But that was about it Face plant city @ East Canyon. The only people wakeboarding or skiing tho! If the wind would've held back just a little more, would've been that much better but it was still awesome up there! <3 East Canyon.

Soon to have $hitty pics up for you all to laugh at
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-09-2010, 7:59 PM Reply   
Jason I wish I could have made it out but worked until 2:00 but did make it out to utah lake and got a really good set in before the wind killed the lake.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-09-2010, 10:40 PM Reply   
Well this pretty much explains my day:

This resulted in a torn upper labial frenulum. Which is that little piece of skin that connects your upper lips to your gums... It still hurts. lol
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-10-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
Welcome to wakeborading Chris... We have all shared our bumps and bruise's to the wake gods. Just wait till you take tricks bigger and farther! Take it easy and heal up for your next session.
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-10-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
Chris~ Freakin ouch! haha. Dont worry, soon these will pass and you will be experiencing the 23 mph dives. There is always something to hurt ya in this sport.

Josh~ Hey be thankful you guys didnt head up on Sat. It was great in the morning, but the wind picked up at about 2:30 and the water turned to crap. Lets get something planned here after this week though. I gotta ride that wakeology board.
Old    dhorton            05-10-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
Chris sorry to hear about the torn labia! When life gives you lemons, you gotta shred that lemonade cause its so tasty bro!

At least you took a set this weekend, all the ride-able water behind my boat got snatched up by the water hog! Maybe its time to rethink the boat owner riding last BS!

Last edited by dhorton; 05-10-2010 at 8:43 AM. Reason: Still waiting for the EPIC...
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-10-2010, 8:58 AM Reply   
David ~~ I don't know what your bitching about, just look how the water was behind your boat!!!
Name:  IMG_2729 smaller.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  56.2 KB

WWW.wakeology.com

Last edited by downfortheride; 05-10-2010 at 9:01 AM. Reason: David wants to punch me in the face!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-10-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorton View Post
Chris sorry to hear about the torn labia! When life gives you lemons, you gotta shred that lemonade cause its so tasty bro!

At least you took a set this weekend, all the ride-able water behind my boat got snatched up by the water hog! Maybe its time to rethink the boat owner riding last BS!
WTF David! You don't go first!? #1 rule on my boat... I GO FIRST! LOL Unless the water is already ****ty. Then whoever wants to go can go Your boat, your rules
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-10-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
thats what the water looked lke behind my boat to for about half my run then the wind hit.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-10-2010, 4:38 PM Reply   
Chris, you just paid your dues in that video! LOL. Hope you're neck isn't too sore today. I completely tore the same upper labial f------ last year. Took only about 2-3 days to heal up. Ask Dave and Josh, they were there when I did it, look worse then it felt.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-10-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
yeah its sore... can hardly move. My lip is swollen and bloodshot. yeah definitely looks bad but doesn't hurt. I'm glad to hear it heels ok. lol looks pretty nasty though.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-10-2010, 5:48 PM Reply   
Couple of teaser picks! More to be uploaded on DFTR.com & Facebook.... Can anyone give me some tips on why when I come off the wake HS, the tip of the board goes straight vertical where the back won't pop off the wake the same??? Basically not going in stiff legged? And What can be done on the TS hit to keep my body turned into edge and not opening up to the boat like I have been... I feel a lot stronger on my TS edge to the wake. But I can't get off the wake right and always wanna turn my body. help me out!

Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-10-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   
I know thats my problem... not standing tall. and leaning back the whole way through... Just wish I could do it... eventually I'll get there. lol
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-10-2010, 6:08 PM Reply   
Jason, for your HS question, you're probably edging in with too much weight on your back foot. So when you end up leaving the wake, the front of the board just pops upwards. Solve this by keeping an even amount of pressure on BOTH feet as you edge towards the wake. Finally, make sure you ride the board up and rise with the wake to get max lift/pop.

On your TS question, it could be a couple of things, but without seeing it, it will be hard to analyze. IMO, it could be that you're not keeping enough weight on your front foot as you ride up the wake so you come off your TS edge and end up landing on your heels which will pull you back towards the boat. Make sure to ride up the wake, just like on your HS (don't let the nose of your board punch through the lip of the wake), and try to keep both hands on the handle. If you need to let go with your back hand to keep your shoulders square on the landing, make sure it's not until you're almost ready to land. (If you're letting go with your back hand too early, most likely, all the load on the line will be on your lead hand which will make you want to turn towards the boat. Finally, when you land TS, make sure your bodyweight is over your toes so the TS edge of your board tracks away from the wake.

Hope this helps!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-10-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
Chris, from the last picture, I can tell you're also putting all your weight on the back foot. Read some of the tips I just posted above and it should apply to you as well.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-10-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
Ryan, there's more pictures posted up on DFTR. I kind of get what your saying with to much weight... Just having problems getting a good progressive edge on my heel side. Not really sure what to do differenetly with it... I know I don't need to get farther out of the wake cause there's people jumping the wake when they're only 5' outside the wake so. TS, I probably am letting off my edge a little because in my mind I know I'm going to open up towards the boat and start into a 180. Probably just making matters worse.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-10-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Jason, the people you see who can edge from 5' outside the wake know how to load the line properly. You're not there yet (no offense). You have to give yourself time & space to take your board to edge, otherwise your approach to the wake will be flat and you won't be able to build any tension on the line. If you don't feel you're getting a good progressive edge, it's probably because you're not setting your edge properly (i.e. trying to take the board to edge while the line is too loaded). This will cause you to rely on the fins of the board for control rather then the actual edge itself. Does that make sense?

I have a video of Jeremy Kovak explaining proper edging. Let me see if I can find it and upload it so you get the idea.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-10-2010, 7:19 PM Reply   
Jason, just took a look at the pics on Josh's site. Are you still having trouble going wake to wake? If so, it looks like you're absorbing the wake with your knees instead of extending them at the top of wake. This will dramatically reduce your pop. It's probably just a habit from slalom skiing. So just remember that when you're riding up the wake, start to stand tall (extending your legs) at the top of the wake.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-10-2010, 7:20 PM Reply   
Shima the coach in effect!

I'm sure almost all of us have taken something from what Shima has said to progress one way or another. I need another session with him to get that HS BS 180 back.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-10-2010, 8:20 PM Reply   
Chris, Great Video! It could of been worse. It could of been me! LOL Hope you feel better bro.

Just one more week than Im home, but it will be shortlived as Im only home for a little over a week

Dang it hurts to watch the Jazz getting spanked up here

Jason, That Shima man will be having you take home a gold in no time!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-10-2010, 9:43 PM Reply   
Ryan ~ The relying on the fins makes total sense cause I can actually feel the board doing it. I just am not 100% sure how to correct it... I know I'm doing it right on the TS into the wake but I don't know why I am having so much problem on the HS to the wake. Any tips or tricks or excerises on the water I can do to kinda get a better idea of what I should be doing?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-10-2010, 10:16 PM Reply   
Jason, I'm having trouble uploading the video because my computer won't let me burn the clip for some reason. However, I contacted my friend who actually shot the segment for his TV show in Canada and he's uploading segments to Youtube, so I'll send you the link as soon as it's posted.

As for tips on the water to help you, I just really view this as a whole "timing" issue.
1) When you edge away from the boat, you don't need a lot of distance from the wake like you said. BUT, you need to learn how to create a little slack in the line after you're done edging away from the boat. This slack is created because after you pull away from the wake, you're actually traveling faster then the boat.

2) Once you feel you have the right amount of distance away from the wake, stop pulling away from the wake and flatten out on your board. This will "relax" the tension on the line and actually cause a little slack, which is ok. BUT, don't turn towards the wake right away. Pause for a second or so and when you feel/see the line start to tighten back up, slowly turn the board towards the wake and set your edge (lean on the handle and and feel your HS edge start to dig into the water).

3) Stay on a light but consistent edge up and through the wake. At first, you may have to just get use to the feeling by doing it only 1 wake. And the more comfortable you get, the further you'll start to land. Eventually, you be landing on top of the second wake. At that point, edge away from the wake a bit further to give you a little more distance to build your edge and get over the second wake.

We could also do a doubles set the next time we ride together, that's a method I use some times when I teach.

Hey Josh, we'll get you sticking the Indy BS 180 consistently again. Don't you worry )

Matt, look forward to seeing you again. Weather should be very nice by the time you're back in town!
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-10-2010, 10:54 PM Reply   
Sat session when it was good water. My bro hitting the man wake.
Attached Images

Old     (zedagrizz)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-11-2010, 6:57 AM Reply   
Got back from Powell Sunday night. We have decided to make that an annual trip. The water was insane. I have never been in Gunsight Bay when there are no other boats, warm weather, blue sky, and glass for hours. The riding was very good and the water temps required board shorts and a 1.5 mil top. The boat ran like a champ, my new Straight Line Sumo sacks made extra ballast a snap, and the lack of people on the lake was perfect. Good times....

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-11-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
cool... good to have a report... we're heading down there next month.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-11-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
Kent ~~ nice pics, nothing like having the hour of good water!

Bleyl ~~ I can't even imagine how nice it was down there, every trip you go on makes me cry for how you seem to go at the best times. Hope somehow we can join you on one of these trips and see the Epic in person. I can't wait for Powell this weekend with the warm weather that is going to set in. Were heading down to test drive a house boat and hand over the check if everything goes ok. It's going to be crazy to see Powell from a houseboat instead of the RV and the shore. Are you posting your pics on the Bleyl blog, if so what is the link again?

www.wakeology.com
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-11-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
Josh are you time-sharing the house boat or out right purchasing?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-11-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
Chris ~~ It's going to be a purchase... My parents didn't want to time share so their looking at the rental fleet there trying to cycle through. It's the discovery XL and it needs a lot of work but it's worth the time to invest to it. I get to see it for the first time this weekend instead of through pictures. This isn't the boat but it's the same model that were looking at.
Name:  Houseboat.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  56.5 KB
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-11-2010, 10:04 AM Reply   
Damn dude... thats pimpin. Gonna rent it out when its not in use?
Old     (boatswaiyn)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-11-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
I have already talked with a few on here, but the Monday sessions idea has come up again. We will be looking for people that is willing to hit the water early and in the office at a decent time. Keep it in mind if your willing we will get a group email put together and keep the crew busy all summer. I have heard a lot of people say their water time last year was down... Let's change that together![/QUOTE]

How early do you guys go on Mondays? I live in Layton but work in Salt Lake but we be down for going early Monday mornings. I would like to ride with some guys that could help me fix all my bad habits. I have a boat that I could bring (02 VLX) or just chip in gas money.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-11-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Chris ~~ There is a bunch of rules about renting out a private houseboat that will make you sick! This boat will only be used for our family and nobody else, so it will wait for us till were ready for the next trip. We have decided to dry dock it for the cost and time using the boat is much more effective and will help us with the remodel for the first little while.

Robby ~~ PM Sent

Last edited by downfortheride; 05-11-2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Mmmmmm YA!
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-11-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
yeah I bet. thats awesome though! sure make going down there a lot easier.

I'm off on mondays. I have a small problem though. (he is small) have my 2 year old that watch. I'd have to find a sitter. but put me on the list maybe there are times I might be able to go.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-11-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
Josh, NICE!! I'm jealous as he!! Your family is going to have a blast, good times await.

Shima, looking forward to hooking up with ya soon!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-11-2010, 3:59 PM Reply   
Chris ~~ PM sent.

Matt ~~ You know that's what I hear with a trip on a houseboat. We have been down for 20 something years in tents and RV, so it's going to be a whole new ball game. Everybody involved is super excited!
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-11-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
Chris what dates are you headed to powel next month we will be there june 23rd to the 30th.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-11-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
We will be there from the 10th to the 14th. thats to bad that would be an awesome hookup!
Old    dhorton            05-11-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
Josh ~ I'm out for the next two Mondays (out of town on business). How about a Friday morning ride this week if the weather clears up? Once you guys houseboat Powell, you will wonder how you ever did the tent/RV for all those years. I guess I'm a houseboat snob, but then again I haven't been to Powell in about 10yrs since our houseboat connection was my former employer.

Chris ~ Haul your kid with you on the Monday sessions. I've been on the boat with him, he will be fine.

Matt ~ I'm ready to surf your goofy wave...

Last edited by dhorton; 05-11-2010 at 4:39 PM. Reason: Houseboating at Powell sure sounds fun... HINT!
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-11-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
man I don't know... I'll have to think about the kid... Just it just depends on the circumstances. Its just a pain in the butt. He's just to young and is in that I don't behave 2 year old stage.
Old     (zedagrizz)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-11-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
Josh~~~that's really cool that you're looking to purchase a houseboat. Our friends in AZ that we go to Powell with several times a year are looking at buying one of the rental fleet boats next year.

We need to have you up for a BBQ so that we can get to know your family. Maybe you can join us on our Gorge trip this year. We will be doing a four day weekend over the 24th of July to Flaming Gorge. I would suggest sooner, but we will be in Italy from June 12 to June 30 and will likely be recovering over the 4th of July.

We are also doing boat camping trips to Powell over Memorial Day and Labor Day. Anyone is welcome as long as they are self sufficient and can get themselves to the campsite. Boat camping pretty much requires your own boat.

I am also changing my work schedule to 4 days per week and will have more 3 day weekend opportunities for weekend trips or just riding every Friday.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-11-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
Bleyl ~~ Right on man, thanks for the suggestions with the BBQ and all... You and Kristen (god I hope I got that right) are a really nice couple and I would love for you to get to know my family. Same here, we would be happy to have you all over for some weessttttsiiidddeeee BBQ, LOL! I will have to see with any of the trips and how the days work out for our schedule. Thanks for all the info!
Old     (rideut)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-11-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
I love it when Ryan numbers his instructions.
Josh I have mondays off and a good look at the Utah lake out my front door. I can tell you when its good or if its blown out.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-12-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Mike ~~ PM Sent
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-12-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
Mike, it keeps me sane! LOL

Bleyl, great to hear that you guys had a blast down there. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Jason Barber, my friend still hasn't uploaded the trick tip video segment to Youtube with Jeremy Kovak teaching technique on the HS/TS wake jumps. I'll let you know when he does though. In the mean time, you can go to Youtube and type in keyword rileylaker, that will bring up a bunch of clips from a show he use to produce for Canadian TV called World of Wakeboarding. There's a 4 part segment from when my brother had his wakeboard shop/school in Hawaii. It was shot in 2000, and the title of the clips are World of Wakeboarding RNR Hawaii part 1-4 (although the audio for part 3 doesn't work for some reason). But make sure to use the keyword - rileylaker to find the clips, ok.

Hopefully the weather will stay good this weekend!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-13-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
Jason & Chris ~~ Do you guys get WB Mag? There is some super good instruction from basic wake jumps to advanced trick in this issue. If you don't get it, this might be the mag to go out and find this month. I would let you use mine but the pages aren't stuck together yet, LOL!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-14-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
Jason & Chris Barber, here's the link for the HS/TS wake jumps - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52qfDD12RZI. FYI, when Jeremy talks about not having much edge in the beginning when you're learning, he's referring to approach distance to the wake, not the actual board rail edging into the water.

If the link doesn't work, go to youtube and search rileylaker & about 3 pages of video clips will pop up. The title of the segment is World of Wakeboarding - Trick Tips - Wake Jumps.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-14-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
ahh awesome video!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-14-2010, 5:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help Ryan! Watched a few vid's and got a few things to try to build a better edge.

Anyone down to hit East Canyon or Echo Sunday with us???
Old     (stoker)      Join Date: May 2010       05-14-2010, 8:28 PM Reply   
Anyone need a third tomorrow?
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-15-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
wont be here
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-16-2010, 3:03 PM Reply   
Well ya'll were back from 3 days of nothing but sunshine and A lot of work. I have to say the family is new owners of a house boat that will launch out of Analope Marina. We start Sat at 8am and meet with the sales guy (one kick ass dude) and he gives a once over before we start up the boat to give her hell. We take the boat out in the main channel of North Wahweap to try and get the feel of the boat spinning, turning, stopping, etc. I'm the last one to go and I must say I have a whole new perspective for house boat owners and drivers. I'm a few minutes into it and the sales dude asks me "You ready to take her in?" Of course I take the challange and guess where he wants me to drop him off... THE FUEL DOCK! Holy hell I think I'm still shaking taking a 59' boat to the fuel with the wind blowing. I'm not sure how I managed it but I didn't hit anything, LOL! What a good time, we went from Wahweap to Analope where the boat will find it's home for awhile and get a ton of work done on it.
Now I think I'm pretty good at driving boats and for the life of me I could not get that house boat to drive in a straight line, LOL! My wife has pics of my fish tails through the water.
Old     (zedagrizz)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-16-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new houseboat mr. Down for the ride!!!!!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-16-2010, 9:04 PM Reply   
Thanks Bleyl...

Here is a quick Photo Shop version of what we will want the boat to look like till a new paint job is in order. My hell I can't tell you how excited all of us are, non stop weekends to get the boat ready for the first trip in Aug.
Name:  Boat.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  69.9 KB
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-16-2010, 10:12 PM Reply   
Sweet ride there Josh! Congrats, you sound like a kid on Christmas morning LOL!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-18-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
So your telling me there's a chance!
Name:  Weather.png
Views: 996
Size:  127.0 KB
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-18-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
I wouldn't bet the farm on that forecast just yet! Let's keep our fingers crossed though.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-18-2010, 12:56 PM Reply   
Anybody ride in Salt Lake City, Utah? I am making a trip to see a friend sometime in the near future and I would love to check out the lakes, reservoirs, and rivers in the SLC!!!

She lives by Causey Damn, Flaming Gorge, Echo, Strawberry, Jordanelle, Pine View, BEAR LAKE, etc.

Definitely hear good things about the riding over there.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-18-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
Shima ~~ I just seen Dumb and Dumber again and the saying was fresh in my mind, LOL!

Rukus ~~ What dates are you planning to come in? Nice website that you have put together!!!
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-18-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Shima ~~ I just seen Dumb and Dumber again and the saying was fresh in my mind, LOL!

Rukus ~~ What dates are you planning to come in? Nice website that you have put together!!!
DFTR... possibly the end of the summer... definitely not in the fall. i'm just trying to see if there is anyone i could wakeboard with while i am there kickin it with my lady friend. like i said, she lives near those lakes and reservoirs i mentioned, so if there are any locals who shred i would love to hook up with them to go ride.

it's always nice to hit up new places and ride with different cultures. i love those kinds of experiences. if i ever travel, i always see who is in the area that is willing to give me a pull.....
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-18-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
Rukus ~~ Post up when you get some solid dates and I'm sure somebody will post up about going out.